Injury Report: Zach Parise (Conditioning Stint w/ Iowa Wild)

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
With the lack of a 3C, I wouldn't mind Coyle being bumped down to the 3rd line. Or turn the Koivu line into a pure blackhole shutdown line and load up the 3rd line with a couple of scorers.

I think Eriksson Ek would be a fine 3C if he had quality players on his wings. Parise and Coyle would insulate him very nicely, but then you create an opening in the top 6 that nobody on roster is qualified to fill.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
I think Eriksson Ek would be a fine 3C if he had quality players on his wings. Parise and Coyle would insulate him very nicely, but then you create an opening in the top 6 that nobody on roster is qualified to fill.

I really don't like Parise/Coyle together: Coyle tends to become really passive on the ice with Parise.

Foligno/Parise could be an interesting combo: Parise shoots from everywhere and Foligno is a net front guy.
Ennis/Parise could work: Parise can go to the net and Ennis is a willing shooter.

The question is, does JEE or Mitchell get sent to Iowa? JEE is waivers exempt and Mitchell isn't. Mitchell is also $200k cheaper. The easy answer is JEE stays in Minny and Mitchell goes through waivers. But GMCF thought Dalpe would pass fine last year and lost him at the TDL.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I really don't like Parise/Coyle together: Coyle tends to become really passive on the ice with Parise.

Foligno/Parise could be an interesting combo: Parise shoots from everywhere and Foligno is a net front guy.
Ennis/Parise could work: Parise can go to the net and Ennis is a willing shooter.

The question is, does JEE or Mitchell get sent to Iowa? JEE is waivers exempt and Mitchell isn't. Mitchell is also $200k cheaper. The easy answer is JEE stays in Minny and Mitchell goes through waivers. But GMCF thought Dalpe would pass fine last year and lost him at the TDL.

People say this all of the time, but I honestly don't see it.

I'd rather have Parise play with a guy that can make a play when he has to, and Foligno isn't that. If Coyle stayed in the top 6, I'd try Ennis first.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
From a purely selfish standpoint: I hope Parise plays 2 games for Iowa. I could go to the game in Rockford on Friday night. It's a blanket giveaway that night too.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
He had 1 shot, 1 assist in Iowa tonight. Apparently he looked better as the game went on?

Wabit

May 23, 2016
In addition to the helper on Kunin's goal, Parise said rust contributed to some errant passes on other scoring chances.
"The first period was tough, the second period and the third period got a few more touches. I felt more and more comfortable," Parise said. "If I wasn't as rusty I feel like I could've got Luke about four goals. The passing was a little off too.

It would be great if Kunin and Parise have chemistry. I know it was only an AHL game, but it's something to maybe look forward to in the future.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
It would be great if Kunin and Parise have chemistry. I know it was only an AHL game, but it's something to maybe look forward to in the future.

Heheh. I feel a bit like that quote of his is saying "If I were playing like an NHL All-Star, I would destroy the AHL!"

Wabit

May 23, 2016
With Mitchell being sent down, it looks like ZP will be coming off of IR tomorrow.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
“Good to go. All looks good, and I’ve got the green light,” Parise pronounced after a hard-skating, physical New Year’s Day practice at Xcel Energy Center. “I’m really excited. I’ve been looking forward to this for awhile. I’m glad it’s finally here. It’s been a lot of work, but I’m glad to get a chance to play (Tuesday).”

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's going to take him a LONG time to get back to being an effective top 6 player, if indeed he ever does. Fans will have to be patient.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It's going to take him a LONG time to get back to being an effective top 6 player, if indeed he ever does. Fans will have to be patient.
He wasn't a top 6 player last year. I'm just hoping for a Pominville level player at this point. If him, Nino, and Ek can form a solid 3rd line, it would do wonders for this team.

Reactions: Bazeek

Wabit

May 23, 2016

He's getting paid $7.5m to play half a season of hockey this year. He better be ready to go and lighting things up from his first shift. :sarcasm: Everyone know's someone that will make that comment. :banghead:

I do think he makes the bottom-6 better from the get go. He might be rusty as heck, but I doubt his drive/determination have taken much of a hit. Having him on the PP will be nice too.

It's a good stretch of games for Parise to get himself back into shape. 5 of the 7 games before the ASG are at home. Fla, Buf, @Avs, Flames/@CHI (back-to-back), Jets/Nucks (back-to-back). Only the Jets are better in the standings right now. No 3 games in 4 day either.

Al Lagoon

Feb 22, 2012
I just hope the surgery worked, and he will be able to play his game and absorb some punishment. Those first couple hits will be breath-holding time.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
I hope he makes really stupid mechanical noises with his mouth every time he moves and talks all slow and halting like a robot, just to mess with people. You see, it's messing with them because it makes them think he's being silly, when in reality
killer-robot-bees-620x381.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad