Zach Hyman

DatSnipeMatthews

Oct 5, 2017
Canada
What a treat of a player to watch. He's grown on me like no other player ever has. For all the Babcock hate, he deserves a lot of recognition for grooming Hyman along.

Zach Hyman has turned into one heck of a role player. No, he's not nearly as good as the players he plays with but he's a darn good player. He's much, much better than Brown who plays a similar role and I'd even wager that he's better than Marleau. I'd even put him on the 2nd powerplay unit to win board battles. Heck, he'd be better than Connor Brown at least.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Considering he's become one of our most physical players, yeah I've liked him too.

Ryan Michaels

Mar 21, 2017
He's gotten much better each season. He's like Crosby, Crosby is said to perfect one skill each summer, becoming the leagues best faceoff man, goal scorer, skater, etc. Zach adds an NHL caliber skill each year, our boys come a long way.

Pacholeafs

Oct 13, 2018
What a treat of a player to watch. He's grown on me like no other player ever has. For all the Babcock hate, he deserves a lot of recognition for grooming Hyman along.

Zach Hyman has turned into one heck of a role player. No, he's not nearly as good as the players he plays with but he's a darn good player. He's much, much better than Brown who plays a similar role and I'd even wager that he's better than Marleau. I'd even put him on the 2nd powerplay unit to win board battles. Heck, he'd be better than Connor Brown at least.

he is waaaaaaaay better than Marleau. Marleau is so god damn useless

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
He’s up there on our priority order of role players to keep, but let’s not act like being better than Marleau & Brown (especially this years versions) is a notch on his belt

He needs to be put on Kadri’s RW ASAP. Then probably move one of the 4th line LWs up with TM, then Marleau moves to Kadri’s line to open up the LW spot for Nylander.

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
On Mapleleafshotstove they keep wondering if he’d play better on the other wing

Guess it's a fair argument, though it obviously wouldn't work if (when?) Nylander were playing, as the RW would be full. I'd say he's fine where he is, all things considered.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Guess it's a fair argument, though it obviously wouldn't work if (when?) Nylander were playing, as the RW would be full. I'd say he's fine where he is, all things considered.
Nylander’s preferred wing position was LW before Babcock, he could easily move to Marleaus spot and have Marleau demoted. Switch Hyman to browns spot

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Nylander’s preferred wing position was LW before Babcock, he could easily move to Marleaus spot and have Marleau demoted. Switch Hyman to browns spot
That line is doing quite fine with Hyman there so why mess it up?
Marleau and kadri found some chemistry last year so why not reunite them?

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015

Forgot that about Nylander. Don't think I'd be in a hurry to switch that many lines though.

Hclass47

Apr 28, 2018
On Mapleleafshotstove they keep wondering if he’d play better on the other wing

Leafs are too deep on the right side. Left wing literally has no top end skill. At this point johnnson is the most skilled left winger and he plays on the fourth line

DoobieDubas

Legalize Hitting Again
Jul 15, 2018
Toronto
Hyman is a core player in my books. Need solid guys like him at a good contract to play hard night in and night out. I personally like connor brown and dont get all the hate he is recieving even though sure he hasnt played like himself. He also looks smaller/skinnier this year which i think is why he might be playing meh.

On a side note super impressed with Par lindholm. i would suggest locking him up to a decent contract over 3 years for a lower cap hit if available if he continutes to impress for another 15 -20games.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
He made some crazy passes that JT and Marner messed up last game which is funny cause he usually does that. He keeps getting better each season he just lacks a but of iq and finish but he's a great player to have cause he can do almost everything else.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I think Marleau is too slow to play with Kap and Matthews.
He is better off with Kadri.

That would be a slow line but maybe they could find happiness

giphy.gif

Reactions: indigobuffalo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad