Confirmed with Link: Zach Hyman Signs 7 Years @$5.5M AAV

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
He flat out said that once the door closed for him in Toronto that this is where he wanted to be. Unless we didn't have mutual interest or Calgary offered him way more $, I highly doubt that he would've signed there.
For sure, the only way it could have happened for Calgary is if Holland decided he'd rather spend the cap space elsewhere. If Holland makes that decision, and Hyman hits the open market, maybe it's Calgary

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
For sure, the only way it could have happened for Calgary is if Holland decided he'd rather spend the cap space elsewhere. If Holland makes that decision, and Hyman hits the open market, maybe it's Calgary

I think of it this way. If they spent the cap on Markstrom the year before, they probably wouldn’t have had the money to add Hyman (or would have had to pick between him and letting Nuge walk).

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Contract will not age well but loving the player right now.

I'll save you the time.

Just copy and paste this after game 4.

wait and see what happens in game 5.
Hopefully we are copy/pasting his performance in year 4 and year 5 of his deal as well

Barrsy

May 14, 2017

Hopefully we are copy/pasting his performance in year 4 and year 5 of his deal as well
Ha ha. Too funny. Everyone knows how a long term contract works.
Except some make pathetic calls about the signing and , I guess, being a man and owning it won’t happen.
Comedy

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
I hope you know who is enjoying every minute of this Hyman domination. Also, he was so certain that Sutterite hockey would beat the Oilers this series

how-do-you-like-them-apples-matt-damon.gif

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013

I constantly hear people talking about how "contract will not age well" I never hear the same about nuge. Why is that?

The opposing player he reminded me the most of is backlund for all the "his contract will not age well" types.

Most important thing is effort level in these types of guys and I credit backlund for being their best player on the Flames despite his age.

Last edited:

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
I think of it this way. If they spent the cap on Markstrom the year before, they probably wouldn’t have had the money to add Hyman (or would have had to pick between him and letting Nuge walk).
Also more importantly if we signed Markstrom we wouldn't get to play against Markstrom. Mike Smith unironically let in 2 goals in the first 25 seconds, 2 goals in a 16 second span, AND pulled a Cloutier and was somehow the better goalie this series. :biglaugh:
If he gets us the cup I think it will be worth it. Who cares about year 6-7. He is already doing more than Ebs and Hall ever did for us
Gonna defend Hall and Ebs here. Hall never had a chance with us and Eberle was on his first ever playoffs but put in work for the Isles later on. Sometimes you need a few runs to get acclimatized to playoff hockey, RNH would not have carried game 4 if it was still 2016 RNH. Hyman himself had a few rough ones in Toronto including a few 1 point 7 game disasters. He's been through said growing pains already and was a beast for us this series tho, and that's all that matters.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oildrum

Kaptah2

Apr 30, 2020
I give this win to Hyman. Team started flat again, including McDrai, but he wasn't. He got bumped to the first line. Dude was a beast on the PP on the post and a monster on PK and and boards

You could see he sparked the team with the PP goal and his effort on JP's goal.

This game is on him imo

Thankfully he wasn't goal sucking tonite @Broberg Speed
JP's goal sparked the whole team because we all want Bison King to succeed.

Oilhawks

Nov 24, 2011
Also more importantly if we signed Markstrom we wouldn't get to play against Markstrom. Mike Smith unironically let in 2 goals in the first 25 seconds, 2 goals in a 16 second span, AND pulled a Cloutier and was somehow the better goalie this series. :biglaugh:

Gonna defend Hall and Ebs here. Hall never had a chance with us and Eberle was on his first ever playoffs but put in work for the Isles later on. Sometimes you need a few runs to get acclimatized to playoff hockey, RNH would not have carried game 4 if it was still 2016 RNH. Hyman himself had a few rough ones in Toronto including a few 1 point 7 game disasters. He's been through said growing pains already and was a beast for us this series tho, and that's all that matters.

thats-true-kramer.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad