Confirmed with Link: Zach Hyman Signs 7 Years @$5.5M AAV

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Barrie’s contract kinda makes up for this IMO

Barrie is a 5.5M player and Hyman is a 4.5M guy. The last half of the contract will suck but oh well
i gotta admit my post last year looks bad :laugh: I still like Barrie tho

Hyman has earned every penny of that 5.5M and more. He's better and more valuable than Nuge in my eyes. he brings it every shift and its refreshing to watch

HockeyGuy1964

Oct 7, 2013
we will see if the Flames can capitalize in game 4

I see you're that delusional guy who thinks the High Danger Scoring Chances(HDCS) for the other team should always be lower than the amount of goals we actually scored because if they had scored on them all, we would have lost.

Hockey is a game of mistakes. Every player on every team makes them on every shift or every game would end up 0-0 & nobody would ever watch. If mistakes were never made, it would be technically brilliant but 100X more boring than watching 0-0 soccer with no shots on net.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
i gotta admit my post last year looks bad :laugh: I still like Barrie tho

Hyman has earned every penny of that 5.5M and more. He's better and more valuable than Nuge in my eyes. he brings it every shift and its refreshing to watch
Hyman has earned it, and Barrie has been very good in the playoffs.

If I was wrong I would admit it.

If the Oilers want to win a championship they will have to be all in on defensive zone coverage in all three zones.

The Oilers dominated the Flames last night but there were multiple instances of questionable positioning.

Unless these shortcoming are corrected, not just with Hyman, moving forward poor positioning will be exploited.
No you wouldnt, you'd just keep pushing it down the line until he has a bad game and then be like

"I told you so"

Dont even know why you're not gone from this thread after all the goalpost moving you've done.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Hyman has sure elevated in the playoffs. His contribution on 2nd line has been critical, so important in that it's given us scoring on multiple lines without which we wouldn't be having much. Every goal he's scored has also been huge. More than the scoring his pace has been relentless, he's ragging pucks around in offensive zone and tiring out defenders. When the Oilers are working a one, two line punch with their top two lines they are shifting games and momentum and establishing foot hold on games.

That Hyman is so adaptable and and can play with everybody and contribute is bonus.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
If I was wrong I would admit it.

If the Oilers want to win a championship they will have to be all in on defensive zone coverage in all three zones.

The Oilers dominated the Flames last night but there were multiple instances of questionable positioning.

Unless these shortcoming are corrected, not just with Hyman, moving forward poor positioning will be exploited.
This team is two wins away from a conference final and you're being like this? Come on. Be a fan. Enjoy the team.

You're wrong about Hyman. If he has a bad game in game 4, it won't make you right about him.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Hyman and Kane are showing they are true playoff performers. Kane took some shit when we signed him, and Hyman has had his detractors during the season. Rough and rugged, not afraid to go to he tough areas and have a skilled scoring touch in traffic. We are lucky to have both of them.
They are exactly what we have been missing from the last 2 playoff flops.

Guys who can carry the puck, go the hard areas, and get it done if our top 2 guys can't.

Make no mistake. A big part of McDavid's massive post-season, is he has better options to pass to, and better teammates to take pressure off/wear down the other team when he isn't on the ice.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I'll admit I was one of the ones leery of signing Kane, but He's proven me wrong in every facet. I always knew he was a pretty good hockey player, but had no idea he could elevate it to this level. I'm just hoping that he really is a good person inside that made some mistakes, that has finally matured and is on the right track in his life, not just this year, but for the rest of his days.

People will tell you that this contract will age poorly while also arguing that Dubas hurt us by not letting us extent it for an extra year.
I have no problem if year 6 of his contract is not very good, if we're sitting with 2 or 3 cups by then. As opposed to Lucic's blowing up in year 2.

Gregsky99

Dec 16, 2012
I was dead against Oil signing Hyman in the offseason , probably my worst take ever on here ,but I must say this is the most delicious crow I have ever ate

Attachments

• 4ay17igq0x921.png
    4ay17igq0x921.png
    418.3 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: oilers'72

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Love to see Hyman playing for us, there was good chance he signs elsewhere and he would be hard to play against.
Good job GM KH.
there was probably a good chance Hyman would have signed in Calgary. Calgary spent their Hyman money on Coleman.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
there was probably a good chance Hyman would have signed in Calgary. Calgary spent their Hyman money on Coleman.
He flat out said that once the door closed for him in Toronto that this is where he wanted to be. Unless we didn't have mutual interest or Calgary offered him way more $, I highly doubt that he would've signed there.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00