Speculation: Zach Bogosian

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Is he potential trade-bait?

If so, where would he most likely end up?

I'd guess one of NYR, Boston or Vancouver.

But what makes me question it is because he's injury-prone and it makes me wonder if he'd lose value.

DanielBrassard

It's all so tiresome
May 6, 2014
PA from SI
Bogosian doesn't work unless Buffalo takes Staal, which I can't see them wanting to do. Rangers would add, but I doubt that he's a Ranger at any point.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Any sources to help this speculation? Otherwise his value is quite awful.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

But what makes me question it is because he's injury-prone and it makes me wonder if he'd lose value.

McAvoy, Carlo, Miller, McQuaid, sure Boston sends their 1st+ for Bogo.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010

I actually like Bogosian. But his value around the league is nill. Hes often hurt, and has been regressing since he got to Buffalo. I'd like him in Toronto, but at severely reduced pay.

Odds are the Sabres want to move him more than other teams want to add him.

Reactions: bernmeister

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Bogo has played more games than Myers so that is a net win. The thing with Bogo is that you know when he is in the lineup, he has a calmness and snarl to his game along with a rocket shot. Problem is he doesn't always hit the net and can barely stay in the lineup.

He is only on the books for two more years after this season so I am not overly worried about him but I could see Botts looking for someone to take him off our hands.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
They should hold onto him. Think he has a bad rep around the league as he never lived up to his draft position and is often injured. Think he's worth more to the Sabres at this point

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Bogosian for cap dump (2yrs or less remaining on contract) + a high pick or high prospect could work for a contender trying to add quality depth to their back end but cant afford to make a big move

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Always injured, Bruins have that in McQuaid, cannot see them looking into that. Bruins need a 3rd line center.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

He's missing a key element for the bolded to happen.

GaryPoppins

A broken clock is right twice in a day
Sep 10, 2016
Bogo has played more games than Myers so that is a net win. The thing with Bogo is that you know when he is in the lineup, he has a calmness and snarl to his game along with a rocket shot. Problem is he doesn't always hit the net and can barely stay in the lineup.

He is only on the books for two more years after this season so I am not overly worried about him but I could see Botts looking for someone to take him off our hands.

Post trade season:

Bogosian: 123 GP/ 36 points
Myers: 113GP/ 46 points

Really just a 10 game difference

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
He seems very weird in the sense that he has a good game or even period and you like what you see and then it does a 180 next period/game. If he could just be consistent in what he's bringing he'd be a lot easier to like.

Nov 24, 2006
Just noticed that he's only played 3 games this year?

WTF is the injury now?

Definitely can't stay healthy, which ruins your trade value.

I always liked him as a Jet, but lots of Jets fans didn't (too many brain farts, too injured).

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just noticed that he's only played 3 games this year?

WTF is the injury now?

Definitely can't stay healthy, which ruins your trade value.

I always liked him as a Jet, but lots of Jets fans didn't (too many brain farts, too injured).

He pulled a groin late in the third period of the last preseason game. He only returned from it three games ago.

Reactions: Matthew McConaughey

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Loved him out of the draft. Thought he had all the tools. But man has he disappointed. I thought he'd be another Chelios. He misheard me and became Cheerios

Reactions: SabresSharks

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Loved him out of the draft. Thought he had all the tools. But man has he disappointed. I thought he'd be another Chelios. He misheard me and became Cheerios

I wanted him so bad as an isles fan but he was gone so we got Bailey and Hamonic with a pick from the trade down, Ive never criticized Garth Snow since, that draft taught me to trust the professional

but boy did I want bogo

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He seems very weird in the sense that he has a good game or even period and you like what you see and then it does a 180 next period/game. If he could just be consistent in what he's bringing he'd be a lot easier to like.

He has very low hockey IQ. He makes some of the most stupid decisions on the ice at random moments. I prefer when he’s aggressive both when he hits and in his gambles when he rushes up the ice. At least then it’s more an error of commission rather than an error of omission.

Reactions: BHD

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
For som reason, I see him on the Leafs if the Sabres retain salary to move him. Don't know why, but for the past year or so, I've thought this. Don't think he'd cost that much to acquire either.

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
He has very low hockey IQ. He makes some of the most stupid decisions on the ice at random moments. I prefer when he’s aggressive both when he hits and in his gambles when he rushes up the ice. At least then it’s more an error of commission rather than an error of omission.

I like the sound of that. What would the Sabres want for him?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad