GDT: z - Flames @ Kings, 8:00 MT, SNET-W

Ace Rimmer

Stoke me a clipper.
giphy.gif

Time to coast to the end of the regular season guys. Although, i would like 50 wins...

No word on lines yet, but sounds like Giordano, Brodie, Hamonic and Hanifin all get the night off. Which means the defensive lineup will be some mix of Andersson, Kylington, Prout, Stone, Fantenberg, and Valimaki.

Forward lines may be equally rested tonight. Bennett & Quine likely draw in.

Reactions: Sk8M8

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Things I still want:

50 wins for the Flames (1 more)
100 points for Gaudreau (4 more)
Both our goalies to finish with >0.900 sv% (math is hard)

Other than that, just go out there and don't let things slip too much. Use these last few games to sharpen up, get that power play going, and hopefully pick up a few extra points so that we retain home ice in the event we play Washington/Boston in the SCF.

Feels good to be here, boys. What a ride it's been. But it's only the beginning.

GFG!

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503

I suspect they'll rest most in the next two games. For the final game, they should dress something close to the playoff roster.

Reactions: Migos

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Surprised to see Giordano sitting this one out. I mean I get not wanting to risk injury but in a Norris season I figured he'd play as much as possible.

I doubt missing a game or two after the team has clinched everything they can clinch really hurts his chances much if at all though.

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Surprised to see Giordano sitting this one out. I mean I get not wanting to risk injury but in a Norris season I figured he'd play as much as possible.

I doubt missing a game or two after the team has clinched everything they can clinch really hurts his chances much if at all though.

I thought this at first but then I figured as long as he’s at 75+ games I don’t think games played will hurt him. If anything this will probably be a low scoring affair tonight so his PPG might actually be better than if he played by sitting it out

Tofveve

Mar 10, 2013
The West
We did it indeed! Feels great!

Tough to argue for Gaudreau not resting. But for selfish reasons of fandom, I'd like to see him hit 100 pts. My bet is he does as well, so not sure how much that comes into play.

Anyway, go Flames!

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
We did it indeed! Feels great!

Tough to argue for Gaudreau not resting. But for selfish reasons of fandom, I'd like to see him hit 100 pts. My bet is he does as well, so not sure how much that comes into play.

Anyway, go Flames!
I don’t know whether they will rest. Johnny probably wants 100, as much as the fans and they had a pretty brutal slump. Maybe just greatly reduced ice time, with favourable matchups.

Aug 3, 2010
Gaudrea doesn't have any performance bonuses in his contract so this is purely a vanity move if he doesn't rest for 100.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Things I still want:

50 wins for the Flames (1 more)
100 points for Gaudreau (4 more)
Both our goalies to finish with >0.900 sv% (math is hard)

Other than that, just go out there and don't let things slip too much. Use these last few games to sharpen up, get that power play going, and hopefully pick up a few extra points so that we retain home ice in the event we play Washington/Boston in the SCF.

Feels good to be here, boys. What a ride it's been. But it's only the beginning.

GFG!
Other milestones that would be nice to achieve:

35 goals for Monahan - he's at 34
30 goals for Lindholm - he's at 27
80 pts for Lindholm - he's at 78
35 goals for Tkachuk - he's at 34
80 pts for Tkachuk - he's at 77
50 pts for Backlund - he's at 47 (Backlund has only scored 50 or more pts once in his career... 53 in 2016-2017 and his career goal high is 22 - he has 21 now)

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Gaudrea doesn't have any performance bonuses in his contract so this is purely a vanity move if he doesn't rest for 100.
There’d be a little vanity involved for sure but it’s also a pretty significant milestone. Including this year, it’s a mark that’s only been achieved 40 times, in the last 20 years. Right now Kucherov is 3 points away from having the highest single season point production, in the last 20 years....I doubt he’s sitting either.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Probably going to be low scoring, but I’d love for our top line to light them up and rack up some points so Johnny can get some rest before playoffs.. Our top 4 has earned their rest, if Gio doesn’t have the Norris locked up already, these final games aren’t going to make a difference one way or another

SKRusty

Napalm
Jan 20, 2016
After 79 Games the Calgary Flames have locked up the Western Conference with a convincing win over the San Jose Sharks. Here is a look at a few stats that are impressive.

• It took Calgary 2,568 (2nd in the NHL) shots for while only allowing 2220 (1st overall) Shots Against.
  • Calgary has 5 players over 70 points and by seasons end the same 5 players will likely have over 75 points in the line-up for the first time in 18 years. (This team does indeed have a generational level of talent.)
  • Mark Giordano will likely put up the 3rd best point total for a d-man over 35 behind Bourques 82 and Lidstrom's 80 points both in their 35 year old years.
  • Calgary has scored 280 goals for (2nd Overall) while only allowing 215 (8th overall)
  • Calgary's goal differential is +61 is 21 ahead of the next 2 teams and is only behind Tampa's +97.
  • Calgary will set a NHL record for goal differential in the third period.
  • Mark Giordano should be looking at a Norris trophy win with 74 points (currently 2nd behind Burns) with a league leading +39. No defenceman has meant more to his team than Mark in 2018-19 and Calgary's emergence as a Western Conference champion.
  • Only the 1988-89 version of the Flames will have had more points in a season.
For the last 3 games I would expect Peters to rest banged up players. Any players that are healthy scratches have been playing injured and will benefit from some rest.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
  • Mark Giordano will likely put up the 3rd best point total for a d-man over 35 behind Bourques 82 and Lidstrom's 80 points both in their 35 year old years.

Bourque's 82 points was not at age 35+ (he was 34 until December).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad