GDT: YST G2 | Oilers vs. Flames | 8:30PM MST | Streamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Is it true that one of the Flames Media people asked Bennett, "So what do you think of McDavid dodging ya?" ?

Is it just me, or does Pat Steinberg look like thatFogell nerd from Superbad lol

Sean Kelso ‏@kelsohockey

First question in the scrum for @SBennett93, "why is McDavid dodging you" as EDM chooses not to dress him tonight.

beaterson

Jun 13, 2011
the 780
Is it true that one of the Flames Media people asked Bennett, "So what do you think of McDavid dodging ya?" ?

Is it just me, or does Pat Steinberg look like thatFogell nerd from Superbad lol

Sean Kelso ‏@kelsohockey

First question in the scrum for @SBennett93, "why is McDavid dodging you" as EDM chooses not to dress him tonight.

I'm an Oilers fan living in Calgary, and Steinberg is actually a solid radio guy. Puts all the Edmonton and Toronto guys to shame IMO.

Last edited:

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I'm an Oilers fan living in Calgary, and Steinberg is actually a solid radio guy. Puts all the Edmonton and Toronto guys to shame IMO.

Heard Steinberg on the pregame show on the radio last night. He was pretty much gushing over McDavid and sounded really excited to watch him play.

Psychoil

Mar 10, 2011
Steinberg is awesome. Can't hate the guy even tho I hate the flames.

Anyway score goals, hit the bodies. I got a feeling I'm gonna love slepyshev

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Oh I listen to a lot of Steinberg too. He's pretty good and balanced I'd say.

i cant stand him but i feel that way about most radio guys that have never actually played a sport in their life and talk about dressing room culture etc as if they have been there. He is 100% Mclovin though

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
What up Gangstas. Chicka Chicka Yeahhh :yo::yo:

hahahahahaha

it is really hard not be excited about this young group of oilers coming up. that shot from Slepy last night was beauty

Pomeranian

Sep 2, 2008
it's kind of a platitude though. Hartley already said that Bennett is going to start the year as a middle six center on the Flames

Only "If" he makes the team, will he play centre. The Flames have not guaranteed him a roster spot he has to earn it and "if" he makes the team he has to earn his ice time or get sat. Just like every Flames player, i.e. Dennis Wideman.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Only "If" he makes the team, will he play centre. The Flames have not guaranteed him a roster spot he has to earn it and "if" he makes the team he has to earn his ice time or get sat. Just like every Flames player, i.e. Dennis Wideman.

Name me one team that McDavid wouldn't make? We're talking McDavid here not Bennett or Draisaitl who are far lesser players in spite of being a year older.

Also as others have said there is also the Golden Bears game, do the Flames prospects have any games outside of this tournament?

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Name me one team that McDavid wouldn't make? We're talking McDavid here not Bennett or Draisaitl who are far lesser players in qspite of being a year older.

Also as others have said there is also the Golden Bears game, do the Flames prospects have any games outside of this tournament?

Yup .. heard they play the Dinos next week too

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada

Good for you guys

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

What a disingenuous statement. Bennett is not McDavid. McDavid would be the clear-cut number 1 centerman on the Flames right now. There's not a team in the NHL that McDavid wouldn't make on the opening night. But maybe you'll come back here with your comments when Bennett sits for the last game of the tournament, hey?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad