GDT: YST G1 | Oilers vs. Canucks | 8:30PM | Streamed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zac Rinaldo*

That was hockey? That was trolling. Please leave this thread

i feel that i made fair observations on both mcdavid and laleggia. i think because my feelings on mcdavid's game weren't prescriptively complimentary in premise, they were disparaged offhand.

i'll repeat them: mcdavid was virtually invisible for the better part of this game. his goal was a tap in. he did nothing for an extended period of time after he took a hit from virtanen.

McDeathbyCheerios*

i feel that i made fair observations on both mcdavid and laleggia. i think because my feelings on mcdavid's game weren't prescriptively complimentary in premise, they were disparaged offhand.

i'll repeat them: mcdavid was virtually invisible for the better part of this game. his goal was a tap in. he did nothing for an extended period of time after he took a hit from virtanen.
And our argument is he didn't change after the hit. He was the same before as he was after. The hit had more of an effect on Virtanen then McDavid.

Zac Rinaldo*

And our argument is he didn't change after the hit. He was the same before as he was after. The hit had more of an effect on Virtanen then McDavid.

i see. that's fair, however, i disagree, which i guess constitutes "trolling".

Disappointed EP40

Jan 13, 2015
If Canuck fans are going to find their way to put stock in some convoluted theory that Virtanen "got in McDavid's head" or some such, then they'd better put equal stock in the fact that their rookies got embarrassed 8-2 in the opening game of a tournament they're supposedly hosting.

Whatever your team was trying to achieve by running around like a pack of idiots, it didn't work. In fact, it failed on a spectacular level.

A) He's not a Canuck fan

B) He's a singular person

C) No one is embarrassed about losing a game in a tourney like this. I think the Canucks are 3-10 lifetime in it. Don't care much. Oilers won in 2011 7-2 against the Canucks as well. Such a BIG win for you guys.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
i've never seen mcdavid play live before but ive seen highlight videos. he was coasting the entire game playing a game of shinny.

As were most of the players. Thats why games like this are so difficult to derive anything meaningful.
These games are yawners to be sure.

Wake me up when the season starts.

Cerebral

Aug 4, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Did anyone else like Bukarts' game? He seems like he has some jam to his game along with a little skill. I take it we can sign him given that he didn't get draft last year? If so, I'd be interested in potentially bringing him in along with Braden Christoffer who looked great all night long.

McDeathbyCheerios*

As were most of the players. Thats why games like this are so difficult to derive anything meaningful.
These games are yawners to be sure.

Wake me up when the season starts.
Insert song "Wake me Up When September Ends"

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Did anyone else like Bukarts' game? He seems like he has some jam to his game along with a little skill. I take it we can sign him given that he didn't get draft last year? If so, I'd be interested in potentially bringing him in along with Braden Christoffer who looked great all night long.

Yup. He's a UFA now because of his late birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad