Value of: Your Top 6 Winger to NJ at the Draft

Zacha37

Dec 8, 2016
Who are some wingers that NJ would be able to acquire at the draft? They have a surplus of draft picks, with 5 in the 2nd and 3rd round, as well as guys like McLeod who might not be able to fit in the lineup with the new #1 overall pick. They appear to need a top 6 winger, as their only two scoring threats in the position are Hall and Palmieri, so who may be available?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
Honestly wouldn’t be opposed to trading for Toffoli, depending on the price. What do you think he’s worth?

my honest assessment is that this season was a fluke. i think teams trading for him can get him at a discount with the expectation that he will bounce back, and the kings know they part ways with him below maximum value.

my guess would be this year’s second and a prospect, or next years 1st, top ten protected. kings could retain on toffoli if necessary

Reactions: Rorschach

Zacha37

Dec 8, 2016
my honest assessment is that this season was a fluke. i think teams trading for him can get him at a discount with the expectation that he will bounce back, and the kings know they part ways with him below maximum value.

my guess would be this year’s second and a prospect, or next years 1st, top ten protected. kings could retain on toffoli if necessary

How is McLeod and a 2nd?

MtoD

Feb 4, 2018
kings probably do it

I do it from the Devils as well.. worth the shot.

Hall - Hughes - Palmieri
Bratt - Nico - Toffoli
Zacha - Zajac - Coleman
Wood - Quenneville - Bastian/Anderson

Pretty nice set of forwards.. would be cheap enough that would still enable the Devils to go out and get a defenseman as well

zcaptain

Apr 4, 2012
Who are some wingers that NJ would be able to acquire at the draft? They have a surplus of draft picks, with 5 in the 2nd and 3rd round, as well as guys like McLeod who might not be able to fit in the lineup with the new #1 overall pick. They appear to need a top 6 winger, as their only two scoring threats in the position are Hall and Palmieri, so who may be available?

NJ 2019 2nd

for

Baertschi + a conditional* 2020 3rd If Baertschi doesn't play 70 games in 2019-2020 season

MtoD

Feb 4, 2018
No interest in Baertschi, don't think he's a legitimate top 6 forward and not giving up a very high 2nd in a deep draft for him. Zero need to take a risk on him post-injury either for that price.

Drouin, Tatar are interesting (and presumably more expensive than Toffoli) but Byron/Shaw/Armia/Lekhonen would be similar to players the Devils already have in their system.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Zucker is available, I think. LW, very fast, a scorer. Would take 2 2nds, I'm guessing. Makes no sense that we are trading him when the Wild desperately need scoring forwards, but our GM is the sort of guy who trades Nino for Rask and Granlund for Fiala. Knowing him he'd trade straight up for McLeod. Unproven young guy for proven guy seems to be his thing.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo

It's hard to envision an offseason where one of Nylander/Kapanen/Johnsson is not traded. McLeod and a pick for one of the latter two could be interesting

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Zucker is available, I think. LW, very fast, a scorer. Would take 2 2nds, I'm guessing. Makes no sense that we are trading him when the Wild desperately need scoring forwards, but our GM is the sort of guy who trades Nino for Rask and Granlund for Fiala. Knowing him he'd trade straight up for McLeod. Unproven young guy for proven guy seems to be his thing.

Zucker is intriguing. His speed fits the Devils like a glove, and it'd be nice to have another scoring type on the wing. Nice contract, too. Can he play RW?

As far as the cost, if we're sending two 2nd's to Minnesota, I'd rather go all-in on a deal for Brodin. For Zucker, I'd probably do 2nd + 3rd or, if Fenton is set on acquiring "riper" talent, McLeod + 3rd.

It's hard to envision an offseason where one of Nylander/Kapanen/Johnsson is not traded. McLeod and a pick for one of the latter two could be interesting

I'd do McLeod + 2019 2nd for Kapanen... probably just picks for Johnsson.

Nylander would be quite the catch, but I don't think we'll be able to agree on a deal. Not worth discussing.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Zucker is intriguing. His speed fits the Devils like a glove, and it'd be nice to have another scoring type on the wing. Nice contract, too. Can he play RW?

As far as the cost, if we're sending two 2nd's to Minnesota, I'd rather go all-in on a deal for Brodin. For Zucker, I'd probably do 2nd + 3rd or, if Fenton is set on acquiring "riper" talent, McLeod + 3rd.

Nylander would be quite the catch, but I don't think we'll be able to agree on a deal. Not worth discussing.
Yeah, you're not getting Brodin for two 2nds, or I sure as hell hope not. He's a #10 pick who turned out exceptionally well, has been playing NHL top 4 since he was 19, and has a good contract.

Zucker is best at LW. His best move is either flat out blowing by on the outside, or doing a Mohawk, then blowing by on the outside. He's usually good for a breakaway per game.

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
Yeah, you're not getting Brodin for two 2nds, or I sure as hell hope not. He's a #10 pick who turned out exceptionally well, has been playing NHL top 4 since he was 19, and has a good contract.

By "going all-in," I meant that we'd add to the two 2nd's for Brodin. I know he's worth more than that. I'm just not sure we have the adds that you'd want in a deal for Brodin.

Zucker is best at LW. His best move is either flat out blowing by on the outside, or doing a Mohawk, then blowing by on the outside. He's usually good for a breakaway per game.

Yes please.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
By "going all-in," I meant that we'd add to the two 2nd's for Brodin. I know he's worth more than that. I'm just not sure we have the adds that you'd want in a deal for Brodin.
I don't think we'd have a reason to trade him unless he's pushed out for cap reasons, or someone offers us something we need more. The first is unlikely to happen (unless Spurgeon's contract gets real crazy) and it's hard to imagine an add to two 2nds that'd fill a bigger need than Brodin. We need scoring forwards, especially centers.

Smitty426

Jun 25, 2006
Jersey

McLeod and take on Horton's contract.

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
To NJ:
Jonas Brodin
Jason Zucker

To Minnesota:
2020 1st round pick (top 5 protected) - slides to 2021 1st.
Mike McLeod
2019 2nd round pick (Boston)
2019 3rd round pick (Dallas)
Mirco Mueller

Hischier and Hughes

“I love to hockey”
Jan 28, 2018
Really dont think NJ needs more sub-6’ forwards but if thats all thats available.. then shit lol.

Need a goal scorer most importantly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad