Value of: Your Top 6 Winger to NJ at the Draft

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Jason Zucker would be an amazing fit on one of the Devils top 2 lines.

Brodin would be an amazing fit on the top pair for Severson. With Ty Smith as Vatanen’s partner on 2nd pair. And Greene with Butcher on 3rd pair.

Just not sure if now is the time for the Devils to part with their 2020 1st rounder

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
To NJ:
Jonas Brodin
Jason Zucker

To Minnesota:
2020 1st round pick (top 5 protected) - slides to 2021 1st.
Mike McLeod
2019 2nd round pick (Boston)
2019 3rd round pick (Dallas)
Mirco Mueller
I don't see Minnesota giving up a top-6 forward and a top-4 defenseman for just futures, especially when the 1st is in 2020/2021(!).

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Realistically the first would be in 2020 not 2021 cause with Zucker/Brodin the Devils wouldn’t be a bottom 5 team most likely.
Which makes it marginally less unlikely, but not much. I'm not convinced that Fenton has actually fully committed to a plan for next season, but my guess is that he'll be aiming for the playoffs.

While I'm skeptical of the need to move Zucker at this point I do think he's probably gone by the draft. Ideally we can get a younger RW for him, though I'm not sure what Fenton would really be after. Futures probably aren't totally out of the question, but I don't think they'd be a priority.

There's no reason to move Brodin at all right now. If someone's willing to trade a top-6 RW or center of similar age and quality then I could see it happening, but failing that we're better off keeping him for now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad