3. Gabriel Landeskog
4. Adam Larsson
5. Brandon Saad
6. Ryan Murphy
7. Ryan Strome
8. Jonathan Huberdeau
9. Joel Armia
10. Douggie Hamilton

After the WJC, Sean Couturier will prove that he's worth of the #1 pick. RNH might be high on my list, but he's stick handling abilities are insane and his hockey sense combined with good speed, I just can't see him being picked out of the top 3. About Landeskog, he'll be a great NHLer and with good leadership, but I'd prefer SC and RNH ahead of him. Larsson is falling and it will still be a steal at 4, but like another post just said, defensemen are hard to develop and Erik Johnson isn't showing that he's superior than Toews or Staal. Finally, Ryan Murphy is a great player, but as we have seen in the last draft, it always depend on the team's need and if they're really high on 1 player, they will go for it "à la" Johansen or Nino being picked before Fowler and Gormley. Murphy's size might affected his draft ranking but he should be picked in the top 10 if we compare him to Ellis' final ranking. My personal favorite would be Jonathan Huberdeau... his stock is rising up and by the end of the season, he should crack the top 10.

Gobo

Stop looking Gare
Jun 29, 2010
1. Couturier (Safe pick, little chance of not being a good NHL'er)
2. Landeskog (Everyone loves the Power Forwards)
3. Larsson (Highest potential)
4. Strome (Dynamic center, high potential)
5. Murphy (PMD's are some of the most valuable defenseman these days)

Last edited:

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
1. Couturier (Safe pick, little chance of not being a good NHL'er)
2. Landeskog (Everyone loves the Power Forwards)
3. Larsson (Highest potential)
4. Strome (Dynamic center, high potential)
5. RNH (PMD's are some of the most valuable defenseman these days)

I assume you mean Ryan Murphy for #5, considering RNH is a center.

DuklaNation

Aug 26, 2004
Top 5 of the OP is most likely, order may change to a team's needs.

6. Strome
7. Saad
8. Siemens
9. Armia
10. McNeill

KingJet*

As of today

Sean Couturier - NJD
Adam Larsson - EDM
RNH - Florida
Ryan Murphy - Boston
Brandon Saad - Buffalo
(I think NYI will rise up a bunch of spots)

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Saad will not go before Landeskog. Almost guarneteed. Hes more physical, better defensively, better offensively, and a Captain.

Way to early to say that, they're not so far apart imo, Saad is a better prospect than some may think.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Saad will not go before Landeskog. Almost guarneteed. Hes more physical, better defensively, better offensively, and a Captain.

Landeskog (Kitchner Rangers- 2nd in the conference): 32GP 25G 20A 45P +23 (3rd team scoring; 15 points back of team leader)

Saad (1st in the conference): 31GP 20G 16A 36P +13 (3rd in team scoring; 5 points back of team leader)

Although I would have Landeskog ahead of Saad, I don't think their is a huge difference. Saad has essentially lead the way on the best team on conference (without the top end talent Landeskog has). This is also his first season in the OHL while Landeskog is already in his second season.

Shaun

Oct 12, 2010
Couturier
Larsson
Landeskog
Murphy
RNH

I will gladly take any of them in a Bruins uniform for next season. :)

RangerRed

Jan 23, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Sean Couturier: If all three of the top three were to bust, Couturier still probably ends up as a third line centre. If all three of the top three were to boom, I like Couturier yet again. Combination of being the safest and the highest upside.

Gabriel Landeskog: Really, I don't put much difference between the two Swedes with the exception of the fact that I have personal preference for power forwards. I believe Landeskog is the Swedish Iginla.

Adam Larsson: Could be a franchise defenseman if the stars align. But even if one or two don't align, he probably becomes a solid #2 defenseman.

Ryan Nugent-Hopkins: A very good playmaking centre. But I'm starting to question if his finishing instincts will transfer to the pro level. But even if he has six times as many assists as goals, who would complain about Adam Oates (not saying that's his NHL comparable).

Ryan Murphy: Dan Boyle is a good comparison, so is Phil Housley. The Orr stuff gets thrown around a bit too lightly. Ellis went eleventh, but Murphy isn't playing behind that vaunted Spitfires attack and he's ahead of Ellis as a skater and stickhandler.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
If you were going to list the Centers by offensive upside? What would the order be?

Ryan Nugent Hopkins. This guy has all the tools to be an offensive dynamo with the speed he has and the chances he creates. Its just too bad he hasn't shown up on the scoresheet and put things together as well as many thought he would.

Having said that, their are at least 2 forwards that are already getting things done. Sean Couturier projects to be an elite shutdown number 2 center or a decent first line center that can play in both zones- still not the same offensive upside as RNH. Landeskog has leadership and the physical presence that RNH has but IMO lacks the speed and creativity that RNH brings to the table. If I had to rate them:

1. RNH
2. Brandon Saad
3. Sean Couturier
4. Gabriel Landeskog
5. Matthew Puempel
6. Ty Rattie
7. Joel Armia
8. Victor Rask
9. Alexander Khokhlachev
10. Matt Nieto

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
2. Adam Larsson - Love this kid but taking a defenseman is always risky. Players like E. Johnson have not panned out as well as the forwards drafted right behind him.

reason EJ never turned out is because he is injured every single year, the guy by now would be in the top defenders in the league if not for being injured every single year he plays. Have to take that into considereation when wondering why a player never turned out too...Larsson seems to be good at lasting against men, very very dedicated to working out and off ice, and the kid has that fire for the game that all the best have.

Bjorn Le

Hobocop
May 17, 2010
Martinaise, Revachol
Landeskog (Kitchner Rangers- 2nd in the conference): 32GP 25G 20A 45P +23 (3rd team scoring; 15 points back of team leader)

Saad (1st in the conference): 31GP 20G 16A 36P +13 (3rd in team scoring; 5 points back of team leader)

Although I would have Landeskog ahead of Saad, I don't think their is a huge difference. Saad has essentially lead the way on the best team on conference (without the top end talent Landeskog has). This is also his first season in the OHL while Landeskog is already in his second season.

I can be expected if Landeskog was not on the Rangers both Murphy and Akeson would not have as many assists, because Landeskog has been agle to finish very well. Saad hasn't impressed me at all this season with regards to offense or the other areas of play.

Its not a huge diffrence, but IMO, Landeskog is definitely better than Saad.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
1. Couturier
2. Larsson (for the longterm he might be the best)
3. Landeskog
4. RNH
5. Murphy
6. Strome
7. Armia
8. Saad
9. Siemens
10. Peumple

HM: Hamilton, Huberdeau and Rattie.

Tra La La

Feb 13, 2003
Buffalo, New York
Philosophicaly? I can't see drafting someone in the top 5, who doesn't project as a :

1st line Forward
1st pair Defensemen
#1 goalie

I read these reports " Elite 2nd line center " ? Really? In the top 5? Never be good enough to center the 1st line on a good team?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad