Dumba
Pouliot
Koekkek
Ebert
Rielly
Reinhart

etc

Canuck71*

Alex Galchenyuk should be a shoe in. I personally think he could even be a better player than Yakupov next year if he continues to develop the way he has been. It's hard to find someone with his size, speed and shot. He's already at 6'1" 185lbs, and probably will be around 6'2" 190-200lbs next year.

cheerupmurray

May 26, 2010
Stockholm
Russia will have a great draft for sure, Yakupov and Galchenyuk produces like mad, and they are still not in there draft year.

Looking at swedish players, Filip Forsberg and Sebastian Collberg looks like first-rounders at this point, they might even have a shot at the top-10. Besides those two guys it's too hard to tell, so much will happen in 1,5 year.

you can at least say that the swedish 1994's looks better than the 1992-1993 crops so far. Theres two lateborn 1993's in the winger Pontus Ã…berg and the defenseman Mikael Wikstrand that might be firstround-material.

Oskar Dansk (born 1994) is a fantastic goalie that plays for a organisation (Brynäs) that is good at developing goalies, but goalies are rarely drafted in the top-30.

0123456789*

I liked what I saw from him. I agree on one thing Yakupov is a classic example of a player being overrated because of people looking at the statistics. He is a great talent and one of the top prospects going in to next year but he isnt above the rest of his peers as some might think looking at statistics.

The dgroup coming from the WHL does look very very very strong though. Definitely looks like a amazing age group for this draft overall.

Pick Six

@Lafortune_FC
Jan 1, 2009
Mississauga
Marcantuoni
Curcuruto
Gaunce
Laughton
Monahan
Campagna
Rychel
Graham
Maidens

These guys are kids from the OHL that haven't been mentioned that have a shot or outside shot, IMO.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
After watching a few more prospects here is my top 15.

1. Nick Ebert
2. Nail Yakupov
3. Ryan Murray
4. Alex Galchenyuk
5. Griffin Reinhart
6. Mikhail Grigorenko
7. Martin Frk
8. Morgan Rielly
9. Matia Marcantuoni
10. Derrick Pouliot
11. Jacob Trouba
12. Michael Matheson
13. Matthew Dumba
14. Slater Koekkoek
15. Olli Määttä

TML g u n n e R s*

is 2012 projected to be the weakest draft in the last 5 years

Jamie Benn

NHL Draft Enthusiast
Aug 14, 2008
At The Rink
Some I can think of at the top of my head.

OHL:
- Yakupov
- Galchenyuk
- Kookokkek
- Martacuioni
- Laughton
- Gaunce
- Campagna
- Maidens
- Ebert
- Ceci

WHL:
- Dumba
- Reinhart
- Pouliot
- Gow
- Reilly
- Bourke
- Stephenson

QMJHL:
- Frk
- Fournier
- Ciampini
- Poulin
- Bussières
- Burke

USA:
- Trouba
- Neives
- Samuelsson
- Schmaltz

EUROPE:
- Oscar Dansk
- Filip Forsberg
- Sebastian Collberg
- Kim Lilja
- Calle Anderson
- Mikhail Grigorenko

OTHER:
Michael Matheson

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Do you have links to back this up?

Links to what.

These are always based on people's speculations. There is no way to determine whether it's true or not.

At this time last year many people in the know said 2011 was going to be a down year. But, as it has gotten closer, those same people have changed their tune. This draft might not have as much high end talent as year's past, but the depth is absolutely there.

Even Bob Mac said it this year....20-40+ is hugely wide open with a ton of well rounded players.

Alberta tough

Sep 3, 2008
Still on top!
Links to what.

These are always based on people's speculations. There is no way to determine whether it's true or not.

At this time last year many people in the know said 2011 was going to be a down year. But, as it has gotten closer, those same people have changed their tune. This draft might not have as much high end talent as year's past, but the depth is absolutely there.

Even Bob Mac said it this year....20-40+ is hugely wide open with a ton of well rounded players.

He was putting down someone that said they had heard that this was a weak draft, that is why I asked for links to support his claim that it was not. I know Mark Siedel continues to say this is a weak draft.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
He was putting down someone that said they had heard that this was a weak draft, that is why I asked for links to support his claim that it was not. I know Mark Siedel continues to say this is a weak draft.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=548948

From EJ McGuire...

"The depth goes right through this draft. A cynic or somebody who's characterizing this as a non-Sidney Crosby draft year only needs to know that whoever emerges in April at No. 5 on our list (Central Scouting's final rankings), and in St. Paul as the No. 5 pick, could eventually be a better NHL player than No. 1. That said, this isn't a Crosby draft year."

Basically summing up what I just said...

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Fair enough. I was merely pointing out that there is some that feel that this is a weak draft.

Yeah I know.

But as I said, it's all opinions at this point. There are some who feel that way, and some who feel it's very well rounded and quite deep.

There is no definitive answer now and won't be for atleast 5 years.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Alex Galchenyuk should be a shoe in. I personally think he could even be a better player than Yakupov next year if he continues to develop the way he has been. It's hard to find someone with his size, speed and shot. He's already at 6'1" 185lbs, and probably will be around 6'2" 190-200lbs next year.

Marion Hossa clone as per Igor Larianov.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad