Votes: 40 8.2%
  • Stinker

Votes: 22 4.5%

• Total voters

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Mesar 100% has elite skating

McDavid has pushed the definition of elite skating higher and anyway, the definition of the word elite if we are generous with it is, let's say, the top 1% or 2% of skaters (top 20 NHLers). Barzal, Point, MacKinnon, Connor, McDavid, Kyrou, Kreider, Makar, Larkin, Kempe etc. of this world.

Mesar does not look to be in that tier imo. I expect him to be in the top 10% of skaters. Not sure what word we want to use "excellent skaters" maybe?

I suspect Savoie and Rohrer are the fastest skaters out of the 2022 draft, but we don't have tests for everyone.

I think it's important to differentiate because there is an effect to the game that comes with elite skaters vs. excellent skaters - a clear differentiation of the number of chances with separation they can create and at what rate of conversion.

We could see Mesar in elite maybe in the future, but he's not in the elite in his draft year.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
McDavid has pushed the definition of elite skating higher and anyway, the definition of the word elite if we are generous with it is, let's say, the top 1% or 2% of skaters (top 20 NHLers). Barzal, Point, MacKinnon, Connor, McDavid, Kyrou, Kreider, Makar, Larkin, Kempe etc. of this world.

Mesar does not look to be in that tier imo. I expect him to be in the top 10% of skaters. Not sure what word we want to use "excellent skaters" maybe?

I suspect Savoie and Rohrer are the fastest skaters out of the 2022 draft, but we don't have tests for everyone.

I think it's important to differentiate because there is an effect to the game that comes with elite skaters vs. excellent skaters - a clear differentiation of the number of chances with separation they can create and at what rate of conversion.

We could see Mesar in elite maybe in the future, but he's not in the elite in his draft year.
Hes elite in his draft class, top 10 is fair. Rohrer, Savoie, Lambert, Hutson, Lindgren and Phillips are the only ones Id clearly have above him.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011

Yeah, I'd put him about there, top 10%-ish. I had him as a 65.

zzoo

Mar 9, 2004
Hes elite in his draft class, top 10 is fair. Rohrer, Savoie, Lambert, Hutson, Lindgren and Phillips are the only ones Id clearly have above him.
According to Pronman of TheAthletic:

Best skaters​

1. Brad Lambert, RW, Pelicans-Liiga
  2. Denton Mateychuk, LHD, Moose Jaw-WHL
  3. Ryan Healey, RHD, Sioux Falls-USHL
  4. Calle Odelius, LHD, Djurgarden-Sweden Jr.
  5. Michael Fisher, RHD, St. Mark’s-US High School
  6. Spencer Sova, LHD, Erie-OHL
  7. Samuel Savoie, LW, Gatineau-QMJHL
  8. Miguel Tourigny, RHD, Acadie-Bathurst-QMJHL
  9. Logan Cooley, C, U.S. NTDP-USHL
  10. Frank Nazar, C, U.S. NTDP-USHL
  11. Filip Mesar, RW, Poprad-Slovakia
  12. Ty Nelson, RHD, North Bay-OHL
  13. Jere Lassila, C, JYP-Finland Jr.
  14. Amadeus Lombardi, C, Flint-OHL
  15. Cedrick Guindon, LW, Owen Sound-OHL
  16. Jake Livanavage, LHD, Chicago-USHL

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
According to Pronman of TheAthletic:

Best skaters​

1. Brad Lambert, RW, Pelicans-Liiga
  2. Denton Mateychuk, LHD, Moose Jaw-WHL
  3. Ryan Healey, RHD, Sioux Falls-USHL
  4. Calle Odelius, LHD, Djurgarden-Sweden Jr.
  5. Michael Fisher, RHD, St. Mark’s-US High School
  6. Spencer Sova, LHD, Erie-OHL
  7. Samuel Savoie, LW, Gatineau-QMJHL
  8. Miguel Tourigny, RHD, Acadie-Bathurst-QMJHL
  9. Logan Cooley, C, U.S. NTDP-USHL
  10. Frank Nazar, C, U.S. NTDP-USHL
  11. Filip Mesar, RW, Poprad-Slovakia
  12. Ty Nelson, RHD, North Bay-OHL
  13. Jere Lassila, C, JYP-Finland Jr.
  14. Amadeus Lombardi, C, Flint-OHL
  15. Cedrick Guindon, LW, Owen Sound-OHL
  16. Jake Livanavage, LHD, Chicago-USHL
Lmao freaking Pronman man.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Slafkovsky has some IQ questions as his off puck reads were really bad and I am not sure what passing you are talking about.....he held the puck to a fault.

Hopefully this is just a case of needing better instruction as he seems to have the right attitude and we have the right people to mould him.

He is an exciting prospect due to his size, strength, hands and agility......if he already had the IQ/vision and passing game as strengths he would have been a borderline generational talent who would have put up much better numbers.

Tomas Tatar actually said that Slafkovsky ''has the body of a man, but the mind of a child.''

Ok. I'm full of dread now.

• Haha
Reactions: Rapala

bopeep

Jan 22, 2004
bc
If Mesar goes to the OHL, I think he along with Beck and Rohrer will make a big jump in our prospect ranking at the end of next season.
Guindon will be another to keep an eye on and hopefully challenge for a contract one day

tooji

Nov 24, 2015
Yeah Firkus is great, most of us loved him.. although Beck looks good so far.

Also that looked half the speed of our camp, lmao.
looks like they were playing 3 on 3, so more room to slow the game down a bit more. 4v4 you have to move the puck a lot faster

Karma Police

Sep 28, 2017
Hi guys. Thats why Im mad about pick 33.

Thats what people in the know call the "Firkus circus".

I mean I do that shit in beer league and it hasn't earned me a contract yet and I actually can put it top corner unlike him

Doc5

Aug 8, 2012
Hi guys. Thats why Im mad about pick 33.

Thats what people in the know call the "Firkus circus".

Not to reiterate what the others have been saying but the first highlight, both moves were sloppy in execution. No way he pulls it off in the NHL.

Reactions: Toene

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Okay lirl

I guess between you being impressed by a little move done at 50% effort by both him and the D, a little pass any good Midget A player could make, and you thinking Shane Wright has great hands, it's me who should be laughing but I'll let you live in your certainties.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
The one pick I don't understand is Nurmi. Will never understand why teams go with vanilla picks like that. There's just no traits that are good enough to even be noticed. Even if the idea is about contract issues, and you want to pick Euros, pick Ratkovic. If not, Gucciardi, Arnsby, Zakary Lavoie, Devine....so many other possibilities. And yet, it's just a 7th rounder. But we discuss the entire draft class.

In the end, it's a good draft class. I would have done differently everywhere except Beck and Hutson. But I like most picks. I like Guindon. But probaby would have gone Furlong. But it's an upgrade on drafts I hated picks..lol

Reactions: Sagikev and bopeep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad