Speculation: Your teams worst player for another teams worst player.

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Will that not shoot the Leafs in the foot? Aren't they off the hook from those two contracts because of LTIR? I'd think burying Alzner would only help them save so much
Ya oddly enough those contracts are worth as much to us a free cap space.....and not a single "bad player" for both would actually make the deal any more beneficial.

Marincin for whom?

Reactions: Bag Headed Hab Fan

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Oilers and Flames should keep going. We are on Manning, who do you got next?

<looks at the depth chart>
Andrew MacDonald on a PTO, so he's not signed.
Now you're starting to hit actual NHL players like Mark Jankowski. Unfortunately, past backup goaltender and worst forward the Flames are actually kind of deep.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Ya oddly enough those contracts are worth as much to us a free cap space.....and not a single "bad player" for both would actually make the deal any more beneficial.

Marincin for whom?

I see your Marincin and raise you a Holl

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Our team's "worst player" is like Matt Irwin? Or maybe Miikka Salomaki up front? I don't propose any "trade" for them. They are serviceable #8D or #13F types. But if you claim them on waivers, great, we have prospects who are better. So why trade for somebody else's spares? :dunno:

SotasicA

Aug 25, 2014
The worst player might be the one with the most potential though. Like an 18-year-old 1st round pick hoping not to get cut.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
This is bizarro world for a Canes fan, but I'm struggling to assess who is the "worst player". It's bizarre because just a few years back were were icing guys like Bellemore, Harrison, Sanguinetti, McBain, Dwyer, Bowman, Terry, Westgarth, etc....

Definitely not: Aho, Nino, Svech, Teravainen, Staal, Dzingel, Haula, Necas; Slavin, Pesce, Hamilton, Faulk; Mrazek
Probably not: Martinook, McGinn, Foegele, TVR,

That leaves: Wallmark (who was an adequate 3C last year on the ECF team), Fleury, Forsling, Reimer or whoever becomes the 13th forward.

I guess if I had to choose, I'd say Reimer or Forlsing. Problem is, I really don't want anybody's trash back for our back-up goalie, #7 defenseman or a 13th forward.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
He has one year left at 2.25m, and he's most likely just gonna be buried so half that goes away... Not as bad as it seems.
paying 2.25 million for a guy that was a healthy scratch in the AHL isn't as bad as it seems? :help:

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Glendening's Expected Plus/Minus was the worst among all NHL forwards last season too.
I feel like I'm afraid to ask, but I'm asking anyway. What the hell is "Expected Plus/Minus" and is that a serious concern or sarcasm?

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
<looks at the depth chart>
Andrew MacDonald on a PTO, so he's not signed.
Now you're starting to hit actual NHL players like Mark Jankowski. Unfortunately, past backup goaltender and worst forward the Flames are actually kind of deep.
The worst Flame after Lucic is probably Austin Czarnik. He just sort of skates around playing "well" but doesn't really contribute offensively or defensively. At least Jankowski is a decent goal scorer and penalty killer.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad