Flyers Untouchables:

Provorov
Konecny
Gostisbehere
Simmonds

Require Serious Overpayment:
Voracek
Giroux
Konechny, Ghost and Simmer are not untouchables. They could go for the right price. Giroux is not tradeable due to his contract. Same with Voracek. But they would be very "touchable" otherwise. So that leaves you with a very short list.

Provorov would not be traded under any circumstances. That's your Flyers untouchable list right there.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
I'm very high on Polak obviously :laugh:. Bibeau, I actually have a lot of time for. I think he has an NHL future. May just be a backup, but I still think he is worth holding onto and seeing how he develops. I am a big believer in him as I have watched him first hand dominate my Mooseheads and winning the QMJHL Playoff MVP/carrying his play over to Memorial cup.

The 1st Round Pick, I think would go into the hard to acquire list. But it needs to be used on a young defender (packaged with a young prospect). I have faith in Mark Hunter in drafting a good player and the Leafs taking their time in developing the kid. But if they can pull off a Dougie Hamilton type of trade, it may be worth discussing. I am just glad the Leafs will not be trading their 1st round picks for veterans (Brian Leetch, Owen Nolan) or some on taking a gamble on a goalie (Toskala) or trading essentially a 1st (Rask) for someone like Andrew Raycroft.

I think Bibeau is playing himself out of an NHL future right now, certainly got jumped on the goalie prospect depth chart by Woll already. He has tools but needs to start getting results soon

I think the 1st rounder could be had for a young defender too, and I have a ton of faith in Hunter but the pick's only as good as the available pool when we go to the podium. Agree that we're not renting players with future assets though, maybe in a few years when we have a real reason to do so

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I kind of tried to do a list of untouchables of each team. I've taken the following factors into account: talent, being a core player, being replaceable, being the face of the franchise, contract (also NMCs), age, direction of the team.

[...]

I think it's fair to only have three absolutely untouchable guys per team (Washington and Pittsburgh are good enough to have four, that's just life for you). If you think I missed someone really obvious, fight me. I see myself being in trouble with Columbus fans... no, I did not forget Wennberg.

No, that's a fair call. Jones and Werenski are in "don't even bother asking, the answer is no" territory. Wennberg, though a major part of our team, remains in that slightly lesser category of "you'd better be offering something really, really ****ing awesome". ;) We've got a few other similarly categorizable folks - basically our All-Stars for the last few seasons, plus (thanks to his season so far) Savard.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
:canes

Slavin
maybe Aho

requires serious overpayment:
Hanifin
Faulk
J Staal
Skinner
Rask
Lindholm
Teravainen

"untouchables":
Ryan Murphy
Eddie Lack

Skobel24

#Ignited
May 23, 2008
Winnipeg
Only guys I'd consider untouchable on the Flames current roster;

Tkachuk
Brodie
Hamilton

Monahan, Gaudreau, and Bennett are very unlikely to be dealt, but I'd consider offers for any of the three.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
:wild

Suter
Dubnyk
Koivu( has NMC contract with one year left, and is playing very well. If we traded him the hockey Gods would surely jinx us, and Finland would declare war on Minnesota)

Tempted to put in Spurgeon. The guy is ridiculously good, but if the right trade came along you move him.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
:sens

UNTOUCHABLE
Erik Karlsson
Mark Stone

LONG TERM CORE PIECES (Aka guys who could be traded, but I don't expect the team to do so)
Kyle Turris (Contract up in the 2018 off season. Guessing Sens try to dump Bobby Ryan to make room to extend Turris.)
Mike Hoffman (Our best goal scorer, still signed for another 3 years. Keeps getting better. No one in the org approaching the NHL level has his skill set at the moment.)
JG Pageau (Probably will raise a few eye brows being on this list to those who don't watch Sens every night. He is very important. The Sens prime PKer who plays a huge matchup role at ES against other team's top lines. Proved last year that he can produce in a top 6 role when needed. Don't see him going anywhere.)
Zack Smith (Seen as a big part of the leadership core which will be important to have around as guys like Neil and Kelly drop off. Just took a hometown discount to stay in Ottawa.)
Cody Ceci (Polarizing player on the Sens board. Has been thrust into a huge role playing big shutdown minutes. Dorion+Boucher seem to view him highly despite him sometimes being shaky in this role.)

Guys like Methot, Anderson, Brassard, and Phaneuf are important as well but are all a bit older and might not be around long term as in 3+ years (well Phaneuf might but that's because of his contract).

Last edited:

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
matthews
marner
nylander
rielly
andersen

borderline are Kadri, Gardiner and Zaitsev IMO.

Only Matthews and Marner and maybe Andersen for me. The rest I would certainly trade if the right offer came along.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
Stamkos (due to his NMC; I'd be in favor of moving him if it were an option)
Hedman
Kucherov
Drouin
Vasilevskiy

Not untouchable but unlikely to be moved:
Stralman
Koekkoek
Johnson

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
For the wings I'd say no one is untouchable. The most value is in Larkin, mantha and our 1st round pick. We have a gm that tries to stay loyal to his drafted players so a trade would be difficult.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad