Speculation: Your Teams Untouchable List

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
I think the Blues are just these 3:

Tarasenko
Pietrangelo
Parayko

Not sure if they like players whose name ends in 'o' or if that just symbolizes how many cups we've won.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Defining "untouchable" as "nobody would offer us what it'd require to say yes":

Provorov
Giroux
Voracek
Gostisbehere
Couturier
Simmonds
Sanheim
Morin
Myers

Obviously, any player in the league can move for the right package, but nobody's offering Hexy enough to justify moving any of these guys.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
Jets:
Scheifele
Laine
Ehlers
Hellebuyck
Connor
Roslovic
Little
Lowry
Copp
Wheeler
Trouba (sort of)
Dano
Myers
Morrissey
Byfuglien
Petan

16 players really? So they are going to stand pat at the deadline? Makes perfect sense.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
Wow, the opinions in this thread are terrible. I'd expect names like Karlsson, Benn, Werenski, McDavid, Parayko, Josi, etc. exclusively. Instead, its a bunch of 1Bs at best.

Anyway, for Detroit, the correct answer is nobody and nothing.

Yes, Mantha, Larkin, Athanasiou and our impending 1st rounder would be tough to trade, but if the cost were Detroit's 1st in '17 (~6th overall), any 1 of Mantha/Athanasiou/Larkin, and any other roster player on the Wings bar none (with retention where needed), I would gladly ship them off for any one of Scheifele, Tavares, Werenski, Matthews, Parayko, Josi, OEL, Hedman, Karlsson, Seguin, Wennberg, Doughty, Risto, Malkin, Jones, Faulk, Subban, Drai, Ekblad, Backstrom, Marner, or Barkov - among others - with add-ons as needed.

As a Wings fan for the past two decades, you really don't understand what is valuable until you have it.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
No offense to anyone, but some of these "untouchables" being listed are pretty tradeable.

For the Oilers:
McDavid
Draisaitl
Puljujarvi
Larsson
Klefbom

Would take a lot to move:
RNH
Maroon
Nurse
Benning
Talbot

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Oilers
McDavid
Larsson
Draisaitl
Sekera
Maroon
Talbot
Puljujarvi
That's my opinion on the untouchables, the near untouchables
RNH
Eberle
Klefbom

I agree for the most part except with a few tweaks.

McDavid
Draisaitl
Nurse
Talbot
Puljujarvi
Larsson
Klefbom

Sekera - imo can be hand if needed to return a true #1D

Not untouchables:
Eberle - no longer a core player..will probably not be an Oiler to start 2017 season.
Maroon - not a core player
RNH - working his way out of the core. See him being dealt for a RHD at the draft/expansion draft.

Klefbom

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
KINGS

I agree with those saying DOUGHTY.

I would have included KOPITAR, QUICK and CARTER if the KINGS were top 3 in the conference. Now I would accept an overpayment for all three or possibly an even or slight underpayment to include dumping BROWN and GABORIK. The KINGS need to fix their cap situation SOON, get younger, faster and quicker, and add more talent to the bottom half of the roster.

I would like to see the KINGS hold on to TOFFOLI, PEARSON, KEMPE, BRODZINSKI, LADUE, FORBORT, GRAVEL, AMADIO and CLAGUE because they would be a good start (with DOUGHTY) to forming a revamped and re-energized KINGS lineup. Also, keep all the first and second round draft choices for at least the next two years.

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
:leafs

Players that are for sure untouchable:
Matthews
Marner
Kadri
Andersen

Players that are probably untouchable (could be had for the right price):
Rielly
Gardiner
Zaitsev
Kapanen
Hyman

Prospects that I think the Leafs highly covet and would never trade:
Bracco
Nielsen
Dermott
Timashov
Dzierkals
Leipsic

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
On the Sabres through most fans and probably Murray's eyes:

Eichel, Risto, R. O'Reilly, Reinhart

For me:

Eichel: is ONLY being moved for McDavid or Matthews and possibly Crosby(Only because of the age difference, seeing as we're in a rebuilding state of the team). For me, there's no legit package someone can offer that I would agree to unless it included the mentioned names. He is the closest thing to untouchable we have.

Risto: is being moved for guys like Malkin, OEL, Karlsson, Burns, Subban. The package it would take to get him would have to include current Elite players or at the least a package to drain the future of teams; for example your top under 25 guy, 1st round picks, and a top prospect.

R. O'Reilly: can be had but his value to the team would have to have a package that includes similar value as Risto.

Reinhart: For me, he's in the same tier as Risto and O'Reilly in terms of what it would take to get him. I look at him like a younger version of Bergeron and IMO, will be looked at as valuable in terms of role and impact on the team.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
I kind of tried to do a list of untouchables of each team. I've taken the following factors into account: talent, being a core player, being replaceable, being the face of the franchise, contract (also NMCs), age, direction of the team.

Anaheim: Perry, Getzlaf, Gibson
Arizona: OEL
Boston: Marchand, Bergeron, Rask
Buffalo: Eichel, Ristolainen
Calgary: Gaudreau, Brodie
Carolina: Slavin
Chicago: Toews, Kane, Keith
Colorado: MacKinnon
Columbus: Jones, Werenski
Dallas: Seguin, Benn
Detroit: Larkin
Edmonton: McDavid, Larsson (the Hall trade is the reasoning here)
Florida: Barkov, Ekblad
Los Angeles: Doughty, Kopitar, Quick
Minnesota: Suter, Dubnyk
Montreal: Price, Weber, Galchenyuk (the latter purely because of the lack of in-house replacements)
Nashville: Josi, Subban, Forsberg
New Jersey: Hall, Schneider
NY Islanders: Tavares
NY Rangers: McDonagh
Ottawa: Karlsson
Philadelphia: Giroux, Provorov
Pittsburgh: Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Murray
San Jose: Pavelski, Burns, Jones
St. Louis: Pietrangelo, Tarasenko
Tampa Bay: Kucherov, Hedman, Stamkos
Toronto: Matthews, Marner, Rielly
Vancouver: Horvat
Washington: Ovechkin, Bäckstrom, Holtby, Carlson
Winnipeg: Scheifele, Laine, Trouba

I think it's fair to only have three absolutely untouchable guys per team (Washington and Pittsburgh are good enough to have four, that's just life for you). If you think I missed someone really obvious, fight me. I see myself being in trouble with Columbus fans... no, I did not forget Wennberg.

Paralyzer

Hyman >>> Matthews
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I kind of tried to do a list of untouchables of each team. I've taken the following factors into account: talent, being a core player, being replaceable, being the face of the franchise, contract (also NMCs), age, direction of the team.

Anaheim: Perry, Getzlaf, Gibson
Arizona: OEL
Boston: Marchand, Bergeron, Rask
Buffalo: Eichel, Ristolainen
Calgary: Gaudreau, Brodie
Carolina: Slavin
Chicago: Toews, Kane, Keith
Colorado: MacKinnon
Columbus: Jones, Werenski
Dallas: Seguin, Benn
Detroit: Larkin
Edmonton: McDavid, Larsson (the Hall trade is the reasoning here)
Florida: Barkov, Ekblad
Los Angeles: Doughty, Kopitar, Quick
Minnesota: Suter, Dubnyk
Montreal: Price, Weber, Galchenyuk (the latter purely because of the lack of in-house replacements)
Nashville: Josi, Subban, Forsberg
New Jersey: Hall, Schneider
NY Islanders: Tavares
NY Rangers: McDonagh
Ottawa: Karlsson
Philadelphia: Giroux, Provorov
Pittsburgh: Crosby, Malkin, Letang, Murray
San Jose: Pavelski, Burns, Jones
St. Louis: Pietrangelo, Tarasenko
Tampa Bay: Kucherov, Hedman, Stamkos
Toronto: Matthews, Marner, Rielly
Vancouver: Horvat
Washington: Ovechkin, Bäckstrom, Holtby, Carlson
Winnipeg: Scheifele, Laine, Trouba

I think it's fair to only have three absolutely untouchable guys per team (Washington and Pittsburgh are good enough to have four, that's just life for you). If you think I missed someone really obvious, fight me. I see myself being in trouble with Columbus fans... no, I did not forget Wennberg.

Are you assuming we have to make him untouchable because we are saving face from the Hall Trade? if that's the case, I disagree wholeheartedly. He's untouchable because he is PLAYING like he's untouchable. He's playing like a Top 10-15 Dman in the NHL.

Edmonton should be - McDavid, Draisaitl, Larsson, Klefbom, Talbot (Maybe)

But that'd be the ones I would put on it.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Are you assuming we have to make him untouchable because we are saving face from the Hall Trade? if that's the case, I disagree wholeheartedly. He's untouchable because he is PLAYING like he's untouchable. He's playing like a Top 10-15 Dman in the NHL.

Edmonton should be - McDavid, Draisaitl, Larsson, Klefbom, Talbot (Maybe)

But that'd be the ones I would put on it.

How can Draisaitl and Klefbom be untouchables, if your own team has both a better centerman and a better defenseman?

The aim wasn't to name all of every fan's favourite players. A maximum of three, in some cases four players from any given team are truly irreplaceable and therefore untouchable. Heck, even naming Larsson as one is pushing it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad