Berggren
Johannson
Hanas
Wallinder
Mazur
Soderblom
Dower Nilsson
Buium

After Johannson, I'm not super excited about any of these guys. Pool will need another injection of talent when Those first four make the NHL soon.
Definitely reason to be excited about all of Wallinder, Söderblom and Mazur.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Why not Söderblom?

Big men who can skate decently well always catch people's eye. Maybe it's just preference/bias on my part, but big guys just seem to have very limited upside to them. I'm certainly willing to join the hype train if he does well in GR, but for now I feel he's an unproven novelty that gets the people talking more than anything.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Definitely reason to be excited about all of Wallinder, Söderblom and Mazur.

Yeah I guess I was trying to not over estimate the value of our pool currently. Any pool might give you 2 or 3 good players and another 1 or 2 you can get a couple seasons out of, but realistically, most of the guys on that list won't be NHLers.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
My guesses for the Blue Jackets

Johnson

6OA

Marchenko

Blankenburg
Tarasov
Voronkov

12OA (could be higher)

Ceulemans
Svozil
Knazko

MBrodeur

Mar 30, 2022
Big men who can skate decently well always catch people's eye. Maybe it's just preference/bias on my part, but big guys just seem to have very limited upside to them. I'm certainly willing to join the hype train if he does well in GR, but for now I feel he's an unproven novelty that gets the people talking more than anything.

Ah I guess I misunderstood your definition of excited.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
1. Johnston
2. Stankoven
3. Bourque
4. Harley
5. Damiani
6. Dellandrea
7. Stranges
8. Martino
9. Back
10. Arcuri

Probably something like that, and you still have guys like Roulette, Sjoberg, Karlstrom, Grushnikov
Really that sour on Dellandrea already? Eye test >> stats for me

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
I’d think Jakub Brabanec certainly cracked the top 10 here. Maybe slots below Korczak for me at least.
Any insight into Brabenec's NHL potential? Was looking forward to the WJC to watch him before the postponement.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Really that sour on Dellandrea already? Eye test >> stats for me

And the eye test puts Dellandrea right around where he ranked him. The top 4 are set imo, maybe an argument could be made to swap him and Harley/Damiani but it's close.

Reactions: Tryamkin

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Lol the SHL is almost as good if not better than the AHL now. 21 goals in 50 some games there is unproven novelty? Yeah okay buddy, complete hater level comment.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Any insight into Brabenec's NHL potential? Was looking forward to the WJC to watch him before the postponement.
Yeah basically he had planned to join Charlottetown for his draft year but COVID ruled that out and he returned to play for his Czech team which didn't plan to have him back and played him in a limited role. This year he played in the QMJHL with Charlottetown like planned before and developed his offensive game along the season starting off slow in the first few months and then playing at a near 1.5 PPG since then. Projects like a safe middle six center unless he can show an extra gear on offense (which is the area of concern in terms of having any sort of elite play)

Reactions: Sticktape

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
My guesses for the Blue Jackets

Johnson

6OA

Marchenko

Blankenburg
Tarasov
Voronkov

12OA (could be higher)

Ceulemans
Svozil
Knazko
Columbus is a tricky one and I think our whole board could have very different lists. For example mine could be:

Johnson
Marchenko
Ceulemans
Blankenburg
Svozil
Voronkov
Foudy
Pyyhtia
Knazko

I agree pick 6 is likely number 2 and 12 is likely top half of the prospects

Reactions: simonedvinsson

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Ok. Call me a hater. I want him to do well. Everybody thinks 10/10 of their guys are gonna be stars. Idk. Temper expectations a bit.
No my expectations are perfectly fine, he may never be a great NHL player. It happens all the time even with guys who are great in lower men’s leagues. But I think to say impress me when he does it in the AHL is a pretty dumb take. His season was very impressive and even if he doesn’t become amazing In the NHL doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be taking note right now of what his potential is.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
But I think to say impress me when he does it in the AHL is a pretty dumb take. His season was very impressive and even if he doesn’t become amazing In the NHL doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be taking note right now of what his potential is.

Most certainly isn’t a dumb take. If he isn’t some high end, obviously won’t miss prospect like Edvinsson, then more likely than not, his potential won’t be realized. I like his potential but lots of guys do well in Europe and then when they come over to NA, they fizzle out. Elmer’s game is much more skill based than his size would suggest. I want to see him do what he did this season with less space. I want to see him use his size more.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Yeah basically he had planned to join Charlottetown for his draft year but COVID ruled that out and he returned to play for his Czech team which didn't plan to have him back and played him in a limited role. This year he played in the QMJHL with Charlottetown like planned before and developed his offensive game along the season starting off slow in the first few months and then playing at a near 1.5 PPG since then. Projects like a safe middle six center unless he can show an extra gear on offense (which is the area of concern in terms of having any sort of elite play)

I still prefer Demek and the slim possibility of him being a 6'4 2C in the NHL btw.

Although Brabanec had a very nice run to the finals and he might be a slick 3rd line forward some day.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Columbus is a tricky one and I think our whole board could have very different lists. For example mine could be:

Johnson
Marchenko
Ceulemans
Blankenburg
Svozil
Voronkov
Foudy
Pyyhtia
Knazko

Damnnnnn Jackets have a very nice list of prospects. And are about to add at least two more studs soon.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017

Johnson
Marchenko
Ceulemans
Blankenburg
Svozil
Voronkov
Foudy
Pyyhtia
Knazko

My boy Trey Fix-Wolansky isn't even top 10?

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
My boy Trey Fix-Wolansky isn't even top 10?
Could easily put him over Knazko but he finally got his shot and was ok but didnt stand out like I had hoped. Health has been his biggest thing, guy needs a good offseason and a healthy season of production in the AHL. Hes already 23 so once you start getting to that age you get judged a lot more as a prospect

Reactions: Sticktape
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad