4.Philipp Kurashev
5.Evan Barratt
6.Chad Krys
7.Alexis Gravel
8.Niklas Nordgren
9.Mackenzie Entwisle
10.Jake Wise
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
(not counting Jokiharju, Delia, or Sikura since they seem to have graduated from prospect status)

I would add Kevin Lankinen who just backstopped Finland to Gold in the WC.

1. #3 overall pick moves to top of prospect list (Byram/Turcotte/Cozens).
2. Boqvist (D)
3. Beaudin (D)
4. Kurashev (C)
5. Entwistle (RW)
6. Mitchell (D)
7. Kubalik (LW)
8. Barratt (C)
9. Gravel (G)
10. Lankinen (G)

Ghetty Green

Apr 7, 2018
My personal Kings top 10:

1. 2019 5th overall pick
2. Gabe Vilardi
3. Jarrett Anderson-Dolan
4. Cal Peterson
5. Mikey Anderson
6. Rasmus Kupari
7. Kale Clague
8. Akil Thomas
9. Nikolai Prohorkin
10. Sean Durzi

Reactions: The Lukeman

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
1. 2nd overall
2. Vitali Kravtsov
3. K’Andre Miller
4. Igor Shestyorkin
5. Adam Fox
6. Nils Lundkvist
7. Libor Hajek
8. Yegor Rykov
9. Morgan Barron
10. Ryan Lindgren

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
How about world-champion Lankinen?

I would add Kevin Lankinen who just backstopped Finland to Gold in the WC.

1. #3 overall pick moves to top of prospect list (Byram/Turcotte/Cozens).
2. Boqvist (D)
3. Beaudin (D)
4. Kurashev (C)
5. Entwistle (RW)
6. Mitchell (D)
7. Kubalik (LW)
8. Barratt (C)
9. Gravel (G)
10. Lankinen (G)
No one would have had Lankinen on this list 24 hours ago. I'm not saying he shouldn't be on it, but I want to see more from him first.

Reactions: Son of Petter

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Kakko/Hughes
Kravtsov
Miller
Fox
Shestyorkin
Hajek
Lundkvist
Rykov
Barron
Lindgren

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
LA KINGS
Gabriel Vilardi
#5 pick
Rasmus Kupari
Mikey Anderson
Kale Clague
Jaret Anderson-Dolan
Akil Thomas
Sean Durzi
Markus Phillips
Bulat Shafigullan

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
:stars

1. Jason Robertson
2. Jake Oettinger
3. Ty Dellandra
4. Denis Gurianov
5. Riley Damiani
6. Albin Eriksson
7. Joseph Cecconi
8. Adam Mascherin
9. Riley Tufte
10. Colton Point

Reactions: Chainshot

Cygnusx1018

Jul 17, 2017
Dobson
Wahlstrom
Sorokin
Wilde
Bellows
Aho
Koivula
Durandeau
Cockerill
Dal Colle (if he counts)/Vande Sompel

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Right before the draft is kind of a weird time to do this sort of thing, but eh. For the Sabres:
1. Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
2. Lawrence Pilut
3. Victor Olofsson
4. Alex Nylander
5. Rasmus Asplund
6. Oskari Laaksonen (I actually think he has the 2nd highest upside of any current Sabres prospect, but there's still a good bit of projecting there, so I have him lower than some guys who are closer to the NHL)
7. William Borgen
8. Mattias Samuelsson
9. CJ Smith
10. Jacob Bryson
HM: Matej Pekar

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Not what it used to be but something like . .

Kristian Vesalainen
Sami Niku
Dylan Samberg
Mason Appleton
Mikhail Berdin
Declan Chisholm
David Gustafsson
Johnny Kovacevic
Leon Gawanke
Giovanni Vallati

* - hypothetical 1st rounder we get for Trouba before the draft.

After the top 4 or 5 there are multiple options to choose from and rank.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Interesting so many fans have best D-man listed as best prospect.

Keeping up the tradition:

1) Lawrence Pilut, LHD; played 33 NHL games and if the criteria is non-NHLers, he wouldn't be there.
2) Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen, G; Tilson Trophy winner for OHL Most Outstanding Player; signed but underwent hip surgery
3) Victor Olofsson, LW; played 4 NHL games and had a great AHL season;
4) Alex Nylander, LW/RW; again has a few NHL games, just 20, needs to take a big step and probably over-ranking him here based on draft status
5) Oskari Laaksonen, RHD; very good pro for Ilves in the Liiga for 1.5 years now even though he's only 19; solid at the U20's
6) Rasmus Asplund, C/LW; AHLer, utility knife guy who should be a couple years out from being an NHL depth guy
7) CJ Smith, LW; UDFA who plays a simple game, didn't get a scoring line look at the NHL level on a call up but his 5-on-5 primary point generation was top notch and should merit a look
8) Matej Pekar, F; jumped to the OHL and was highly productive in an injury shortened season, great P/60 for his age
9) Jacob Bryson, LHD; signed after another do-it-all season with Providence; love his feet, hands and brain, wish he had more primary points but he did everything for them
10) Mattias Samuelsson, LHD; Out of sight, out of mind with WMU but still a guy who some had rated out in the end of the first round, would like to see him take a jump this year but still a few years away. Not the Samuelsson who had big skating question marks (that was Adam), but there is still a bit to how he moves and can he move the puck as the NHL seems to be moving toward puck-moving/fleeter defenders.

HM: Arttu Ruotsalainen, C/LW; Ilves leading scorer, small but fiesty and would like to see him on NA ice burrowing to the net like he did in Liiga. I might have him too low.

Hopeful that 7OA, 30OA, and 67OA can inject some more into that list.

Reactions: Dux917

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Right before the draft is kind of a weird time to do this sort of thing, but eh. For the Sabres:
1. Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen
2. Lawrence Pilut
3. Victor Olofsson
4. Alex Nylander
5. Rasmus Asplund
6. Oskari Laaksonen (I actually think he has the 2nd highest upside of any current Sabres prospect, but there's still a good bit of projecting there, so I have him lower than some guys who are closer to the NHL)
7. William Borgen
8. Mattias Samuelsson
9. CJ Smith
10. Jacob Bryson
HM: Matej Pekar

Funny, I started typing one up about 90 minutes ago, but watching shift vids with my son and lost track of mine. :biglaugh:

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
1. Juuso Valimaki D
2. Dillon Dube C
3. Tyler Parsons G
4. Mathias Emilio-Petersen C
5. Martin Pospisil C
5. Adam Ruzicka C
6. Artyom Zagidulin G
7. Alex Yelesin D
8. Glenn Gawdin C
9. Dmitry Zavgorodniy W
10. Matt Phillips W

Graduated: Kylington, Mangiapane, Andersson, Rittich.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Funny, I started typing one up about 90 minutes ago, but watching shift vids with my son and lost track of mine. :biglaugh:

Looks like we're not too far off from one another. I debated putting Laaksonen, Pekar, and Smith a bit higher on my list than I ultimately did. Also thought about flipping Borgen and Samuelsson. Not that it matters much---those lists are gonna be very different a month from now.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Looks like we're not too far off from one another. I debated putting Laaksonen, Pekar, and Smith a bit higher on my list than I ultimately did. Also thought about flipping Borgen and Samuelsson. Not that it matters much---those lists are gonna be very different a month from now.

Yeah, I am waffling on going all in on Laaksonen and Pekar but they're pretty close to being in my top 4. It's Pekar's points per 60 for his age that really stands out and of course Laaksonen doing some very good things at such a young age in the Liiga.

Samuelsson I'm torn on differently. While big, modestly mobile defensive defenseman appear to be becoming passe, we also see that being able to handle big players low on the forecheck, being effective at pinning those players out or boxing out power wingers is still something that playoff teams seem to need. But how much? How much more will Samuelsson develop offensively, if at all? Can he be a defense-first guy with more mobile breakout guys in place? I'm torn.

Reactions: tsujimoto74

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Yeah, I am waffling on going all in on Laaksonen and Pekar but they're pretty close to being in my top 4. It's Pekar's points per 60 for his age that really stands out and of course Laaksonen doing some very good things at such a young age in the Liiga.

Samuelsson I'm torn on differently. While big, modestly mobile defensive defenseman appear to be becoming passe, we also see that being able to handle big players low on the forecheck, being effective at pinning those players out or boxing out power wingers is still something that playoff teams seem to need. But how much? How much more will Samuelsson develop offensively, if at all? Can he be a defense-first guy with more mobile breakout guys in place? I'm torn.

Yeah, that's the internal debate on both him and Borgen for me. Shutdown D are still important to team success, but the era of guys in the mold of Regher has passed. To be successful in today's game, you need guys more in the mold of Slavin or Brodin who can skate and pass. I'm not entirely sure either has those tools at the level needed for NHL success, though Samuelsson is obviously younger and probably has more room to grow into it.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
1. Juuso Valimaki D
2. Dillon Dube C
3. Tyler Parsons G
4. Mathias Emilio-Petersen C
5. Martin Pospisil C
5. Adam Ruzicka C
6. Artyom Zagidulin G
7. Alex Yelesin D
8. Glenn Gawdin C
9. Dmitry Zavgorodniy W
10. Matt Phillips W

Graduated: Kylington, Mangiapane, Andersson, Rittich.
He may only have bottom 6 potential, but I like Milos Roman. Seems like the kind of guy teams like to have as a role player.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
:wild

1- Kaprizov
2- 5 - a bunch of interchangeable forwards from the CHL in Khovanov, Dewar, Lodnia, Shaw. :huh:
6- Nico Sturm
7- Belpedio
8- Kappo Kahkonen
9- Sokolov
10-Menell

HM- Svetlakov(probably a better player than half of those listed above), Robson (G), Soucy, Bitten, McBain, Giroux.

Wild have a ton of question marks after Kaprizov. I am excited about the signing of Robson, but the path from standout NCAA goalie to NHL goalie is not an easy one.

Last edited:

PullHard

Jul 18, 2007
:wings

It really all depends on what you consider a prospect. Hronek has 46 GP. Cholowski has 52. My cutoff is usually 50 NHL games. Do Taro Hirose and Oliwer Kaski count as prospects? If you count those three:

1. Filip Zadina
2. Filip Hronek
3. Joe Veleno
4. Jared McIsaac
5. Taro Hirose
6. Evgeny Svechnikov
7. Oliwer Kaski
8. Jonatan Berggren
9. Filip Larsson
10. Gustav Lindstrom

If you don't count those guys:

1. Filip Zadina
2. Joe Veleno
3. Jared McIsaac
4. Evgeny Svechnikov
5. Jonatan Berggren
6. Filip Larsson
7. Gustav Lindstrom
8. Vili Saarijarvi
9. Givani Smith
10. Kasper Kotkansalo, maybe?

I know he's already played a full season but I'd argue Rasmussen be included on our list. His NHL games played are mostly due to the awkwardness of the CHL/AHL/NHL age restrictions, and I'd bet he spends most/all of next season in the AHL.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
1. Dobson
2. Sorokin
3. Wahlstrom
4. Wilde
5. Aho
6. Koivula
7. Bellows
8. Ishkakov
9. Dal Colle
10. Vande Sompel

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
I know he's already played a full season but I'd argue Rasmussen be included on our list. His NHL games played are mostly due to the awkwardness of the CHL/AHL/NHL age restrictions, and I'd bet he spends most/all of next season in the AHL.

Agree, personally like to use 82 NHL games (1 full season) or 25+ years old as prospect cutoff

1. Filip Zadina
2. Filip Hronek
3. Joe Veleno
4. Jared McIsaac
5. Dennis Cholowski
6. Michael Rasmussen
7. Evgeny Svechnikov
8. Gustav Lindstrom
9. Taro Hirose
10. Filip Larsson / Oliwer Kaski / Jonatan Berggren

Last edited:
Status