Your team's rivalries

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The Panthers have "rivalries" with everyone else in the NFC South. They used to have nasty battles with the Buccaneers in the 00s, players got injured on both teams a lot in those days.

A lot of Panthers fans despise the Cowboys. Yeah I know so does everyone else but keep in mind pre 1995, this was Washington Redskins territory, still kinda is in pockets throughout the state.

Kinda have one with the Seahawks, several playoff battles and many close games.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
1. Giants
2. Eagles/WFT
Niners
Everyone else

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Growing up, Seattle was part of the AFC West along with the current teams still there and I absolutely loathed the broncos and that #7.
I would have paid good money to throw the switch on the Kingdome. I can see why the suicide rate is so high in Seattle.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Who isn't rivals with the Steelers? Maybe the Texans...but I'm sure old Oilers fans still hate us.

Baltimore is our biggest rival. Cleveland has been relevant about twice ever in my life, so...sorry not sorry, it's the one that has actually won something and deserves a begrudging iota of respect.

ecemleafs

Jan 4, 2009
New York
giants. cowboys and eagles equally. washington is a fair bit lower, they just havent been competitive for so long and u dont run into washington fans like u do eagles and cowboys fans in the NYC metro area.

edit: although im sure if the washington team were consistently good we'd start to hate them again. really the way the nfl sets up divisions, the whole division is an arch rival.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
2015 in the Broncos case.:naughty:
That was terrible but before the Brady years, the Broncos just crushed the Pats at every turn. Even during the sporadic decent years in the late 70s and 80s when the Pats maybe had a chance, they would run into those great Bronco or Raider teams. Then came the Elway years.

I think at one point there was some sort of record of like 15 or 20 years of losing at Mile High. I know it changed under Brady, but there was a time I hated everything about the Broncos.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
That was terrible but before the Brady years, the Broncos just crushed the Pats at every turn. Even during the sporadic decent years in the late 70s and 80s when the Pats maybe had a chance, they would run into those great Bronco or Raider teams. Then came the Elway years.

I think at one point there was some sort of record of like 15 or 20 years of losing at Mile High. I know it changed under Brady, but there was a time I hated everything about the Broncos.
Up until Manning retired I believe the Broncos were the only team Brady or Belichek had a losing record too. The Pats only playoff win versus the Broncos came versus Tebow. They lost the other four. The first AFL game was the Broncos beating the Pats.

I remember the Monday Night the year after the Jaguars upset the Broncos and the Pats went to the Super Bowl versus Green Bay and the Broncos just hammered the Pats and all the Boston columnists were like "Yep the wrong team went to the Super Bowl".

It's why I scoff when any Pats fan attributes my dislike to "envy".

Reactions: Barnum

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Who isn't rivals with the Steelers? Maybe the Texans...but I'm sure old Oilers fans still hate us.

Baltimore is our biggest rival. Cleveland has been relevant about twice ever in my life, so...sorry not sorry, it's the one that has actually won something and deserves a begrudging iota of respect.

I liken Pittsburgh's relationship to Cleveland and Cincinnati to basically this:

9e8.gif

I wonder what it's like to be a fan of a consistently well-run and respected franchise that treats players well and is dedicated both to winning and to representing their community as well as possible. It sounds pretty good?

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Up until Manning retired I believe the Broncos were the only team Brady or Belichek had a losing record too. The Pats only playoff win versus the Broncos came versus Tebow. They lost the other four. The first AFL game was the Broncos beating the Pats.

I remember the Monday Night the year after the Jaguars upset the Broncos and the Pats went to the Super Bowl versus Green Bay and the Broncos just hammered the Pats and all the Boston columnists were like "Yep the wrong team went to the Super Bowl".

It's why I scoff when any Pats fan attributes my dislike to "envy".
A lot of Pats fans are young and spoiled and don’t remember how shitty the Pats were, I remember the bad days. Probably why I didn't care last year when the Pats sucked under Cam and why if things go badly this year if it happens again. We had our glory and it was an impressive amount of years.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Green Bay's Rivals:

1. Bears at GB
2. Bears at Chicago
3. Bears at Milwaukee
4. Bears at Champaign

5. Vikings

6. Detroit

7. Dallas

8. Seattle

9. Giants

10. All other NFC teams.

11. All AFC teams.

Scandale du Jour

JordanStaal#1Fan
Mar 11, 2002
Asbestos, Qc
www.angelfire.com
It’s always the J-E-T-S suck suck suck The Wide Right Bills and Fish first followed by the Dolts, Steelers and Ravens. Not really going to make an order for either group because it’s whoever The Pats are playing that day.

I'd say that the Jets are always considered a rival.

Bills and Dolphins, we only care about them when they are good. If not, they are a footnote.

Colts, it was hot up to deflategate. Now, they are mostly irrelevant.

Steelers and Ravens, yup, because we played them so many times in important games. I hate the Ravens way more, but it is mostly because I cannot stand Harbaugh. Once he leaves, I guess I won't really care about the Ravens.

I'd add the Giants to your list. We play them in the preseason every year + those two SB defeats...

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
Actually it’s the Raiders/Steelers tied with Broncos/Browns and Patriots/Steelers.
I think that’s AFC Championships.

The only time the Broncos faced the Browns in the playoffs were the three AFC Championships in the 80’s. They’ve had 8 playoff games versus the Steelers.

Reactions: Barnum

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
I think that’s AFC Championships.

The only time the Broncos faced the Browns in the playoffs were the three AFC Championships in the 80’s. They’ve had 8 playoff games versus the Steelers.
Whoops, sorry I misread your post. The Pats/Broncos have met 5 times in the POs making it tied for the 2nd most AFC (only) opponents after the Broncos/Steelers. Anyways, the Broncos own the Patriots.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad