Your team's rivalries

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
As an Eagles' fan, I was thinking about what teams our fans hate the most, and of course, they were divisional opponents, Dallas being one, and the Giants being 2.

It made me wonder though, who are other team's greatest rivals? I figure for most teams it will be divisional, but for example, who do the Chargers hate the most? Raiders? Rams because of location? Who do the Broncos hate the most? Etc.

Anyway, I was just wondering who you see as your team's most hated opponents in order.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
After Dallas, I dont really care for the Giants and WFT. The Eagles have beat the Giants up so much the past 15 years or so, that I dont have much animosity towards them. WFT just isnt relevant enough for me to care about. But it would be Dallas, then the Giants, then Im not sure.

solventless710

Jan 5, 2005
In the past decade, I’d say Baltimore for the Pats. Colts-Pats was an awesome rivalry during the Manning days, I miss that shit. Wish I could call the Jets a rival but they’re more so Bill’s personal punching bag. Absolutely hated the Jets when I was younger and when Rex was around, but I just feel truly sorry for them at this point lol.

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
In the past decade, I’d say Baltimore for the Pats. Colts-Pats was an awesome rivalry during the Manning days, I miss that shit. Wish I could call the Jets a rival but they’re more so Bill’s personal punching bag. Absolutely hated the Jets when I was younger and when Rex was around, but I just feel truly sorry for them at this point lol.
Us bills absolutely despise Brady , fan threw dildos on his sideline..random but hilarious,
I'd love nothing more than a Tampa v Buffalo superbowl with Brady getting fed his teeth.
He just terrorized the east for ever.

Reactions: Barnum

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The Saints top rivals are the Falcons, Falcons again and Vikings. 49ers are in the mix historically. I don’t know how much they care about the Panthers and Bucs, like they do as division rivals, but it’s only that much.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK

It’s always the J-E-T-S suck suck suck The Wide Right Bills and Fish first followed by the Dolts, Steelers and Ravens. Not really going to make an order for either group because it’s whoever The Pats are playing that day.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Even the Lions

We have a longer playoff win drought, but technically they've won ONE playoff game in the Super Bowl era which is far beyond any level of suffering any fanbase deserves. Technically, what I really meant is that rather than the Bengals hating other teams in particular, they definitely hate playoff success more.

If I would answer the question in a non-shitposting manner, the answer for Bengals fans is the Steelers and it's not even remotely close.

It’s always the J-E-T-S suck suck suck The Wide Right Bills and Fish first followed by the Dolts, Steelers and Ravens. Not really going to make an order for either group because it’s whoever The Pats are playing that day.

Do the Patriots really have a division rival? I live in New England and no one I know around here really cares about any of those teams anymore.

the steelers

f*** the steelers

Amen.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Do the Patriots really have a division rival? I live in New England and no one I know around here really cares about any of those teams anymore.
Connecticut? I’m going to guess here, what part of NE?

I suppose you could break up the eras. The traditional/historic rivalries like Fish, Bills, Jets, Dolts and lesser so with Broncos/Raiders and the Tom Brady era rivals like Steelers, Dolts, Ravens and Giants. I grew up with the historic ones and I still hate them to this day but I suppose the younger Tom Brady Era fans would find the others more to their hated rivals.

Last edited:

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
Connecticut? I’m going to guess here, what part of NE?

Somewhere in Massachusetts, not very willing to get more specific than that.

I suppose you could break up the eras. The traditional/historic rivalries like Fish, Bills, Jets, Dolts and lesser so with Broncos/Raiders and the Tom Brady era rivals like Steelers, Dolts, Ravens and Giants. I grew up with the historic ones and I still hate them to this day but I suppose the younger Tom Brady Era fans would find the others more to their hated rivals.

This all makes sense to me. I'm a transplant here, so I definitely don't want to speak for Patriots fans and I appreciate the feedback.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Growing up, Seattle was part of the AFC West along with the current teams still there and I absolutely loathed the broncos and that #7. The Raiders were up there, too but I hated the Donks with the white hot fire of a hundred suns. The Chiefs and Chargers didn't bother me much, even when they were the better team. (In the 90's they were all better.)

Switched to the NFC west in 2002 and that made SF our most natural and geographic rival. The PDX area actually has a lot of Niner fans too, making those games fun to watch at bars or whatever. By 2010 both teams were really good, and felt to me like a proper rivalry, like Pens/ Flyers used to. Really though it's the whole division. Hated the Rams since changing conferences, that was during the Warner era after all.

AZ can f*** off as well.

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Somewhere in Massachusetts, not very willing to get more specific than that.

That’s where I am from but south of Boston. You had the Marino plus Shula eras and Jim Kelly era which created a lot of rival hatred. New York will always be New York to a Bostonian, you hate them by default in anything and everything. The Raiders and Broncos hatred had more to due with playoff losses and overall domination from 1960 to 2000. There’s not many fans left because they have mostly died off but the Giants used to be New England’s team before the Boston Patriots formed. You’ll still find pockets of Giants fans especially in places like Maine passed on by the generations but it is dying off.

Obviously the Tom Brady era Pats do not need much explanation.

This all makes sense to me. I'm a transplant here, so I definitely don't want to speak for Patriots fans and I appreciate the feedback.
Enjoy it, it’s a great place.

Reactions: TheGreenTBer

AceKing21

Oct 19, 2021
Central NY
As an Eagles' fan, I was thinking about what teams our fans hate the most, and of course, they were divisional opponents, Dallas being one, and the Giants being 2.

It made me wonder though, who are other team's greatest rivals? I figure for most teams it will be divisional, but for example, who do the Chargers hate the most? Raiders? Rams because of location? Who do the Broncos hate the most? Etc.

Anyway, I was just wondering who you see as your team's most hated opponents in order.

I would almost guarantee that the Eagles biggest rival historically is the Giants. I would rank it as, 1. NYG. 2. DAL. 3. WFT

AceKing21

Oct 19, 2021
Central NY
As a Cowboys fan, it'll always be WFT. Even though the matchups have swayed towards DAL in the recent years, it's 100% WFT.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Panthers is probably the Falcons, but really we haven't had many tense rivalries because the franchise has been mostly bad to mediocre with a few double digit win seasons sprinkled in every few seasons. Hard to develop any serious rivalries like that.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
Really hard to say as a Bucs fan. All the South teams have been pretty annoying at various times, but probably the Saints the most so overall. It feels weird to say it since the geography/division isn't really a factor and they've moved twice, but the Rams have always popped up randomly as a nemesis, ending their first deep playoff run back in the orange creamsicle days, beating Dungy's peak defense with the Bucs in the NFC championship game in 1999, and even now continually being a tough out in the regular season. Would be nice to be the thorn in their side for a change. Also hated the Eagles back in the day until we got over that hump as well. There's been bad blood over the years with the Packers, too. Not sure anyone really sees the Bucs as a rival though?

Babe Ruth

Don't leave me hangin' on the telephone..
Feb 2, 2016
As a Cowboys fan, it'll always be WFT. Even though the matchups have swayed towards DAL in the recent years, it's 100% WFT.

Yeah, it's currently become an almost meaningless rivalry.. especially with Washington being a nameless franchise. A shell of the good ol' days when the guy dressed like a cowboy would famously argue in the stands with the fan dressed like an Indian. I also remember when Cowboys & Redskins played an annual off-season basketball game in Virginia. Rivalry was a big deal..

AceKing21

Oct 19, 2021
Central NY
Yeah, it's currently become an almost meaningless rivalry.. especially with Washington being a nameless franchise. A shell of the good ol' days when the guy dressed like a cowboy would famously argue in the stands with the fan dressed like an Indian. I also remember when Cowboys & Redskins played an annual off-season basketball game in Virginia. Rivalry was a big deal..

I miss those days for sure. The good ole days!

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
The Miami Dolphins VS winning more than 7 games in a season

The Miami Dolphins VS hiring competent people

The Miami Dolphins vs the concept of being a competent football team.

Reactions: Pantokrator

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad