Speculation: your team's needs this offseason

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
I finally like what the Flyers are doing. It'd be great if they could move up to 3 or 4OA but I don't see that happening so basically, they gotta hit on that 7OA pick. Can't afford to botch that selection

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Rangers need depth bottom 6

Hathaway for wing
Nosek or Kampf at 4th line C
That type of stuff

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Habs could use him to help with our young D player development. He’s aso a rhd I believe.

League minimum contract

EK392000

Mar 9, 2020
Sens

- A new coach with an actual system, specifically someone that can coach inside the D Zone
- Goaltender. It’s been forever or never since we have had a solid true #1 goalie. Critical need this offseason
- Figure out the Debrincat situation.
- Fill out the bottom 6 with cheaper options
- One bottom pair D that’s maybe capable of moving into the top 4 when needed for injuries
Scott Mayfield might by your guy on D. And once you trade DeBrincat, maybe you could use the return to acquire Hart?

Reactions: DJB

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
Too 4 D and Goalie.

Same as it was in the thread from three years ago bumped in the first place

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
:sabres

Top of the heap - another top four defenseman. Preferences are for one who is excellent in his own zone, shading RD over LD but either will work.

Second on the list - a vet goalie who can handle Buffalo's porous HDCA while they figure out their team defense.

Third - Probably a depth defenseman to make sure that Clague and Bryson are pushed even further down the depth chart so that they more 7/8/9 instead of 5/6/7 in their role.

Reactions: neelynugs

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
:sabres

Top of the heap - another top four defenseman. Preferences are for one who is excellent in his own zone, shading RD over LD but either will work.

Second on the list - a vet goalie who can handle Buffalo's porous HDCA while they figure out their team defense.

Third - Probably a depth defenseman to make sure that Clague and Bryson are pushed even further down the depth chart so that they more 7/8/9 instead of 5/6/7 in their role.

I'd add onto the list a bottom 6 centerman who can win more than half of his draws and PK/play defense well. Probably make it #3 on the list as I think right now Stillman clearly has an edge on Clague and Bryson....making them our 7/8 guys currently.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I'd add onto the list a bottom 6 centerman who can win more than half of his draws and PK/play defense well. Probably make it #3 on the list as I think right now Stillman clearly has an edge on Clague and Bryson....making them our 7/8 guys currently.

Yeah, that's closer to four for me, I have the top-4 defenseman as tops and as much as a utility checking center would be nice, I want them to groom one from within with Cozens or Krebs instead of bringing one in from outside. The blueline and goalies though, that I know they need to improve upon.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Boston needs to buyout/move out Reilly and Forbort.

And then they need to move around 5 million more using Ullmark (5), Hall (6), DeBrusk (4), Frederic (2-3m), Gryz (3.7) as most likely bait, and guys like Coyle (5.25) or Swayman (4ish) less likely (for very different reasons).

Reactions: Shroud of Orrin

Limeyjim

Jan 4, 2017
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I would love to see the Flyers put up for sale. Comcast has destroyed that franchise and there is little hope for their future under their ownership. Comcast needs to put the Flyers up for sale, then hopefully a new group of people who understand how the NHL runs in the 21st century can take it over.
I'd love to see Snoop buy the team!

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
:bolts
  1. Cap Space
  2. Bottom Pair LHD
  3. Bottom 6 Forwards
  4. Back-up Goalie
  5. 2C for Syracuse
  6. AHL Depth

canuckslover10

Apr 10, 2014
Canucks by order of priority
1. Top 4 LHD preferably a player like Ryan Graves
2. Top 4 RHD a partner for Hughes like Tanev but younger
3. A 3C Scott Laughton would be ideal but 3M/yr we are probably priced out if we want to fix issues 1 and 2
4. A veteran backup goalie we have Spencer Martin who wasn't good last year and we have Arthur Silovs who was good at the world championship but idk if he's ready ATM, ideally a goalie like Stalock would be welcomed.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
1. Draft Bedard and a bunch of other high end players at 19/35/44/51/55/67/93/99.
2. Get prospects into the NHL lineup - Bedard and Reichel at forward and Kaiser, Vlassic and Phillips on the blue line.
3. Weaponize cap space as much as possible to acquire picks/prospects.
4. Do not sign any free agents to contracts longer than 3 years.
5. Lose a lot to get top-5 draft pick in 2024.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
CBJ

1. Top six center
2. Relieve the glut of bottom 6 forwards
3. Maybe trade a defenseman
4. Veteran backup goalie? Or Veteran AHL goalie that can play in NHL if needed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad