Proposal: Your team's hypothetical "All-In" scenario

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
From the very first post in this thread.

Two rules:
1- Pretend your team can spend to the cap. That's fair for all teams.
2- Trades should be something the other team would clearly accept. Go for overpayments, if possible. Don't just say "1st for Pettersson" or some garbage.[/QUOTE]

What are we even discussing?

This thread isn’t about making realistic trades it’s about over-paying to make the best team you can. Who the hell cares about what the cap situation is for either team. The Leafs have a ridiculous amount of available cap space this season and that’s what we’re discussing.

Nashville's contending, they don't have any interest in trading a Norris caliber defenseman for a prospect who can play on the third pairing now and draft picks. Your deal is one that the other team would not clearly accept.

Reactions: c3z4r and zaqq

indigobuffalo

Portage and Main
Feb 10, 2011
Winnipeg MB
From the very first post in this thread.

Nashville's contending, they don't have any interest in trading a Norris caliber defenseman for a prospect who can play on the third pairing now and draft picks. Your deal is one that the other team would not clearly accept.

You’re overthinking it. He means what he said in the example. No 1st for Pettersson. This is 4x 1st round picks for Subban.

If you’re suggesting that it’s not enough value for Subban then let’s part ways because you’re wasting everyone’s time here.

You could literally say every trade is nixed by the other GM for whatever dumb reason you want. Who cares??

It’s overpayment for Subban. Move on with your life...

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
For the Leafs (Within the realm of possibility)

Sign Nylander to cheap 2 year bridge deal
Sign Nash to one year deal
Trade 1st round pick+Liljergren+Leivo for Martinez
Trade mid round pick for a good 3rd string goalie

Marleau-Matthews-Nylander
Hyman-Tavares-Marner
Nash-Kadri-Kapanen
Johnsson-Lindholm-Brown
Gauthier

Rielly-Martinez
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Ozhiganov
Hainsey-Holl

Andersen-Sparks

Last edited:

Cygnusx1018

Jul 17, 2017
I don't know who to pursue, but here are the assets.

COACHING: No changes

PROSPECTS TO SELL: Wahlstrom, Dobson, Bellows, Ho-Sang, Aho, Vande Sompel, Dal Colle, Sorokin, Skarek, Wilde, Toews, Golyshev, Cockerill, Koivula, Soderstrom, Gibson, Quenneville, Wotherspoon, Rathgeb, Iskhakov, Jenkins, Hitchcock, Eansor

ON THE BLOCK: Filppula, Komarov, Kuhnhackl, Boychuk, Leddy, Pelech, Beauvillier, Johnston, Nelson, Fritz

Obviously I normally wouldn't deal many of these pieces, but given the scenario this is what's on the table. Any ideas?

pettersson

Oct 8, 2018
William Nylander, 1st
For
Steven Stamkos

Timothy Liljegren
For
Wayne Simmonds, 2nd

Rasmus Sandin, Connor Brown
For
Chris Tanev

2020 1st, 2nd and Borgman
For
Hjalmarsson

Flyers 2nd & Leivo for Reaves

Simmonds - Matthews - Marner
Stamkos - - Tavares - - Hyman
Marleau - - Kadri - - Kapanen
Johnsson - Lindholm - Reaves

Rielly - Tanev
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Hjalmarsson - Dermott

what.

Zal

Jan 12, 2009
OP should do an “all out” thread next. This was a good idea.

Reactions: zaqq

nucksauce

Oct 30, 2013
Dump Eriksson, MDZ somehow

Trade Q. Hughes + Gadjovich + D. Pouliot + 1st 2020 for D. Doughty

2019 2nd + 2020 2nd for N. Leddy

Gaudette + Gudbransson for Saad

2019 1st + Demko + Lind for Panarin

Panarin Petterson Boeser
Baerstchi Horvat Saad
Virtanen Sutter Granlund
Motte Beagle Roussel

Edler Doughty
Leddy Tanev
Hutton Stecher

Markstrom
Nilsson

Reactions: Cogburn

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I don't see many of those teams agreeing to those deals.

The Lightning deal alone means paying Nylander 8 million to ensure his services, where as Stamkos makes 8.5.

We're moving along from the tank part of our rebuild, and Sandin and Brown don't really fix anything for Vancouver, we have a lot of players that are predicted to be similar in terms of play and upside, and even young roster players that are stepping up with similar projections when they were younger. Plus our management has said they want to resign Tanev as soon as they are able to.

I think the Flyers could get better for Simmonds without adding a second (a lot of it is fit not simply value), as they have a number of young D with high upside.

Depending on Arizona's and Vegas' directions, I suppose those could be done, but I honestly have no idea how they see themselves at the moment.

That is a hell of a line up though, that center depth would be nuts.

I'd happily trade Simmons for Lil.

That being said, the lineup is flawed. If Simmonds is on your LW, you're going to be severely disappointed.

Reactions: Cogburn

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Kaprizov, Nino for Stone
Foligno, Eriksson Ek, Kunin for Getzlaf
Picks and salary retention added to make fair.

Zucker-Getzlaf-Granlund
Parise-Staal-Stone
Greenway-Koivu-Coyle
XXX-Fehr-Brown

Suter-Dumba
Brodin-Spurgeon
Seeler-Pateryn

Dubynk
Stalock

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
LA's All in for best Draft odds:

-Trade Toffoli + Muzzin + conditional 3rd to Toronto for Nylander's rights (conditions on pic are 3rd round pick becomes 4th if Toronto makes Eastern Finals and 5th if they reach cup finals)
-Don't re-sign nylander till offseason
-Pearson to whomever for 2nd round pick
-Carter ++ for Necas

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
That is br
Not a Leafs fan, but thinking out loud

Nylander to Montreal for Weber 2.8m retained, Scherbak, Montreal 2019 2nd, Columbus 2019 2nd

Toronto 2019 2nd, Toronto 2019 4th, Montreal 2019 2nd, Columbus 2019 2nd to Columbus for Panarin 50% retained

Gardiner, Kadri, Borgman, Timashov, Toronto 2019 1st, Toronto 2020 1st, Toronto 2020 2nd to LA for Pearson (say 1m retained), Muzzin and Carter

Leafs have just barely squeeze under the cap with this roster, and would surely have to sell off pieces at the draft (Pearson and Carter being the prime candidates)

Panarin/Tavares/Marner
Marleau/Matthews/Kapanen
Pearson/Carter/Hyman
Johnsson/Lindholm/Brown

Rielly/Weber
Muzzin/Zaitsev
Dermott/Hainsey

That team is actually terrifying. Defensively they get much better with the addition of Weber and Muzzin, and offensively they get a 70 point guy in Panarin, as well as cup winning, two-way players in Carter and Pearson.

Leafs get to keep their defensive prospects, and with this roster they become an immediate cup favourite.

Montreal would never do that. Weber retain and 2 2nds for Nylander? Brutal.

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Flyers:

Wayne Simmonds+Joel Farabee+Isaac Ratcliffe+Jori Lehtera for Panarin

Jay O’Brien+Phil Myers+German Rubstov+2019 1st+2019 2nd+MacDonald+Weise for Carter+Muzzin

Carter Hart+Brian Elliott for Devan Dubnyk

—————

Not saying I’d do all these, but it would make the Flyers contenders for sure. Pretty sure it would fit cap wise as well and all the contracts sent away expire within the next year or two.

Giroux-Couturier-Konecny
Panarin-Carter-JVR
Lindblom-Patrick-Voracek
Raffl-Vorobyev+Laughton

Provorov-Ghost
Sanheim-Muzzin
Hägg-Gudas

Dubnyk
Neuvirth/Lyon/Pickard

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
1st round pick (2019), Dylan Samberg, and Mason Appleton, and Dimiti Kulikov's IR cap hit for Nick Leddy.

Reactions: Catch22

threeVo

Jan 5, 2010
Tampa
I would trade 2 first round picks in 2019 for Panarin.

I would then trade another 2 firsts 2019+2020 plus an asset like Guhle for Trouba.

Skinner - Eichel - Reinhart
Panarin - Mittelstadt - Rodrigues

Would be a young but fun top 6. Panarin could carry that line and our power play would be unreal.

Dahlin - Trouba is a legit top pair
Pilut - Ristolainen can play against better QoC better suited to Risto and eat up offensive minutes.

We do have a solid amount of other prospects I’m sure we could move to improve the bottom pair or bottom 6 but I’m lazy. If I had to pick 2 players that would alter the team most it would be another top winger and a top RD for Dahlin

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
All in from the Avs would probably something along the lines of:

Makar + for William Nylander
Ottawa 1st for Mark Stone
Tyson Jost + 2nd for Alex Edler

Landeskog - Mackinnon - Rantanen
Nylander - Kerfoot - Stone
Compher - Soderberg - Andrighetto

Girard - Johnson
Edler - Barrie
Zadorov - Cole

Varlamov
Grubauer

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I've been racking my brain about what the Jets' all-in move would be. It would be a fun thing to say our standing pat is us all-in, but that doesn't satisfy the terms of this experiment, and it's *a bit removed from reality. We could make a cup a greater than 51% chance with a better 2C than Bryan Little.

But the requirement is that I'm making an offer I know the other party won't refuse. I can't think of any team that has a 1-2c to part with at any price. I'll pay it, but who is it?

That's the missing link for the Jets. One more mid-high level C and everyone's going to hate us. Not only is that a tricky thing to find on the market, I feel like we'd have to pay more than some other teams, because it's readily apparent that's what's stopping us from taking the next step.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Sure, I'll give it a try. This year the Coyotes will aim for 90% PK the entire season and score the highest amount of SHG ever recorded We'll also play a few known penalty getters to ensure we're on the Power Kill every game.

Keller + 1st + 1st + 1st + 1st for Marchand
Galchenyuk + 1st + 1st + 1st + 1st + 1st for Bergeron (who somehow comes back from injury miraculously)
Fischer + Chychrun + Perlini + 1st + 1st for Wheeler
1st for Martinook
1st + 1st for Tierney
1st + 2nd + 2nd for Hagelin
1st + Capobianco for Frolik (no idea what his value is so add in more 1sts or whatever)
Hinostroza + 1st + 1st + Dvorak for Simmonds
1st + Strome + 2nd for Tom Wilson
1st + Dineen + Panik + Cousins + Crouse + 1st + 1st + 1st for Byfuglien
1st + Mermis + 2nd + Connaughton for Gudas

Marchand / Bergeron / Wheeler
Hagelin / Stepan / Simmonds
Grabner / Richardson / Frolik
Martinook / Tierney / Wilson

OEL - Hammer
Goligoski - Byfuglien
Demers / Gudas

Raanta
Kuemper

Inject Raanta with supersoldier serum so he never gets injured again. Bribe the referees, every piece of contact = another penalty to make it so all games are 5 on 4 as much as possible.

Alternatively we somehow find a way to clone 11 copies of Grabner and 5 copies of OEL and just play them all night.

Combined for about 100 points shorthanded in the last 2 years, and with how Godner is performing this season, the Coyotes let in 8 goals all season, score 150 shorthanded goals, and win every game either 1-0 or 2-0 and then progress through the playoffs the same way. Don Cherry says they have "lots of heart" and that the refs are just "doing their jobs".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad