Proposal: Your team's hypothetical "All-In" scenario

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Imagine this situation:

You are somehow the Gm of your favourite team. But you overhear the owner telling Bettman that the team is being sold at the end of the season, you will be fired and the team will be relocated. So, with no future in the job anyway, you decide to go out with a bang. You're going to sell the farm, and try to win one glorious Stanley cup for your fans before their team (and your job) is gone.

Show me your crazy, no holds barred, "i'll be fired tomorrow", all in trade moves. Show me your trade proposals. Go nuts. How good could you make your team for this season, and this season only? Would you be a contender? What trades could/would you make?

Two rules:
1- Pretend your team can spend to the cap. That's fair for all teams.
2- Trades should be something the other team would clearly accept. Go for overpayments, if possible. Don't just say "1st for Pettersson" or some garbage.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
:blues

Hire Q at whatever the cost, fire Mike Yeo.

Buyout Jake Allen

Trade Ville Husso, Alex Steen, Jordan Kyrou, Jay Bouwmeester, and as many draft picks as it takes to Anaheim for John Gibson

Trade Klim Kostin to Carolina for Justin Williams

Fabbri-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Sanford-Bozak-Williams
Barbashev-Thomas-Maroon

Edmundson-Pietrangelo
Dunn-Parayko
Gunnarsson-Schmaltz

Gibson
Johnson

Think that just fits under the cap.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
:blues

Hire Q at whatever the cost, fire Mike Yeo.

Buyout Jake Allen

Trade Ville Husso, Alex Steen, Jordan Kyrou, Jay Bouwmeester, and as many draft picks as it takes to Anaheim for John Gibson

Trade Klim Kostin to Carolina for Justin Williams

Fabbri-O’Reilly-Tarasenko
Schwartz-Schenn-Perron
Sanford-Bozak-Williams
Barbashev-Thomas-Maroon

Edmundson-Pietrangelo
Dunn-Parayko
Gunnarsson-Schmaltz

Gibson
Johnson

Think that just fits under the cap.

That's all in for St Louis and All out for anaheim, lol.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
For the Preds in my mind it would be acquiring Stone to slot on our 2nd line. Then acquiring a defenseman to play on our 3rd pair with Hamhuis. I don't want a 3rd liner, just someone to play on the 3rd line.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Three first rounders and Jordan Kyrou doesn't get Gibson? I think it's close enough for this thread.

Value is probably there, but Gibson is the only thing keeping the ducks afloat right now. Its probably time to sell off the older guys, But Gibson is a borderline elite #1 and is signed for dirt cheap (comparatively speaking). He should be untouchable, despite the package the blues are offering. My comment was less about the value and more about what that does to the ducks, who have been atrocious aside from Gibson saving them every night.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeah it’s not realistic that they’d move him for anything so best goalie prospect, best forward prospect, literally all the draft picks, and then a decent winger and a cap dump.

Yeah, I didnt mean it as though the package wasnt valuable - just that trading Gibson would be a tank commander-esque move for Anaheim, thats all. No disrespect intended to the blues pieces in the proposal.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
:avs

1) OTT 1st + Bowers + Jost <—> Draisaitl
2) COL 1st + Kaut + COL 2nd <—> Radulov (or Panarin)
3) Sign Makar to ELC after NCAA season ends

Hit the postseason with:

Landy - MacK - Rantanen
Kerfoot - Draisaitl - Radulov
Calvert - Soderberg - Wilson
Nieto - Kamenev - Compher
Andrighetto / Greer / Bourque

Girard - Johnson
Zadorov - Barrie
Ian Cole - Makar
Nemeth / Barberio / Meloche

Varlamov
Grubauer
Francouz

PP
Landeskog
MacK - Drae* - Mikko
Girard

Kamenev
Makar - Kerf - Radu*
Barrie

PK
Soda - Calvert
Cole - Johnson

Nieto - Compher
Zadorov - Girard

Last edited:

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
That kind of sounds like the point. OP said to make overpayments. So he picked a number TOR clearly wouldn't match.

Avalanche could honestly win the Cup with Nylander and Panarin on line 2!
Ya until you have to sign Rantanen to a 10M contract

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Ill play along i suppose, since i already polluted the thread:

Felix Sandstrom + for Corey Crawford (when healthy) or Carter Hart + for Ben Gibson. Assumes both Hawks and Ducks pack it in. Holtby would be another option here assuming Samsonov makes the jump, but i tried to stick to teams i could see rebuilding- scorched earth style)

Phillipe Myers + Morgan Frost for Jacob Trouba - Not sure how this one would work. Jets shouldnt be rebuilding or re-tooling, but who knows what Trouba wants. Should be enough value here to convince them if Trouba says he wont re-sign.

Whatever the Preds need for Nick bonino - Ive seen in lots of Preds threads that the Preds could replace Bonino with Sissons, and save on the cap. Could be a win/win, but i dont know what the actual need is from the preds other than maybe another top 6 F, which we couldnt provide. .

Maybe if we do the Gibson deal, Sandstrom + pick for for Martinez/Muzzin from LA? Quicks age and injury history is racking up quickly. Not sure what the Kings have in the system for G prospects, either. If a G prospect isnt needed, someone like Rubstov/Allison+ ?. Another tough one cause im not sure the Kings should be packing it in yet.

there might be another deal somewhere that sees us trade Patrick + for someone further along - like a Trochek/Monahan - again assumption being that we're all in.

Giroux - Couturier - Konecny
JVR - Patrick/Trochek - Voracek
Lindblom - Bonino - Simmonds
Laughton - Weal - Aube-Kubel

Provorov - Ghost
Sanheim - Trouba
Hagg - Martinez/Muzzin
AMac :(

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Can the Habs just be all in without having to sell our team?

Trade Price to Edmonton for Drai

Trade 1st (unprotected) + Scherbak + Romanov for Nylander

Drouin - Domi - Gally
Lehk-Drai-Nylander
Armia - Kotka - Byron

Romkey

Jul 24, 2011
I get going all in, especially if it's for a one year run. I'm just saying, if you go all in, there's a way to make it sustainable. Having Panarin, Nylander and Rantanen is all in for sure, but it's a one year run. I guess I didn't read the OP well enough. My apologies, I was looking at it both short term and long term.

Last edited by a moderator:

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I get going all in, especially if it's for a one year run. I'm just saying, if you go all in, there's a way to make it sustainable. Having Panarin, Nylander and Rantanen is all in for sure, but it's a one year run. I guess I didn't read the OP well enough. My apologies, I was looking at it both short term and long term.

So that's a no then?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Can the Habs just be all in without having to sell our team?

Trade Price to Edmonton for Drai

Trade 1st (unprotected) + Scherbak + Romanov for Nylander

Drouin - Domi - Gally
Lehk-Drai-Nylander
Armia - Kotka - Byron

Trading Price for Drai with the idea being to go "all-in" for this year is a HORRIBLE idea lol.

Price's play is somewhat worrisome - but if you want a serious chance at the cup, pray Price plays well and rely on him this year, don't trade him for future. Provides a ton more value than Drai this season.

Reactions: BabyPanda

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
:panthers

Huberdeau + Gildon + Malgin for Trouba

Sign Panarin as UFA

2019 1st + Denisenko + 2020 1st + 2020 2nd + Reimer for Quick + Carter

Dadonov - Barkov - Panarin
Hoffman - Carter - Trocheck
Borgstrom - Bjugstad - Tippett
Vatrano - McCann - Sceviour

Yandle - Trouba
Matheson - Ekblad
Kiselevich - Weegar

Quick
Luongo

At work, dont know if it works cap wise but let a man dream

Last edited:
Reactions: Starat327

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
all the posts in here kind of suck so far and ignore the OP's premise.
Why does anyone here still have their 1st and 2nd round picks in the next 3-5 drafts? Going all-in means going all-in =/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad