Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
Just for fun, here we go.

To LA: Nylander (signed) + Liljegren + Gardiner + 2019 1st

To TO: Drew Doughty

To Ottawa: Marleau + Sandin + 2019 2nd + 2020 1st

TO TO: Mark Stone

It guts our 2 best D prospects, and 3 half decent picks, but YOLO 4 CUP baby.

No idea if that even fits in the cap, I suspect not after Stone signs, but whatever.
Sue me.

Signed, a Delusional leaf fan :)

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I think the Oilers have too many holes to realistically do an "All - In" scenario. We need a top 4 defenseman (ideally a true #1) and one or two top six forwards, and don't have the salary cap to get there, so any "All In" would need to include dumping salary as well, so it would need to be something like:

1) Milan Lucic, 2 first round picks, a 2nd round pick and a good prospect (Tyler Benson?) to Ottawa for Mark Stone and Ryan Dzingel(Ottawa still probably says no because Melnyk wouldn't take Lucic - alternatively, Lucic and a 1st to anyone for a 7th round could take him out of the deal, which would make it a first, a 2nd and a good prospect for Stone and Dzingel.

2) Pulujarvi,, Kassian and a 1st for Brett Pesce

3) Ryan Strome for a steady, proven bottom pair RD. No idea who that is.

Nugent-Hopkins - McDavid - Stone
Dzingel - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Reider - Khaira- Chiasson
Cagguila - Brodziak - Rattie
Rattie

Klefbom - Larsson
Nurse - Pesce
Russell - ??? (from Strome trade)
Gravel

We can't make those trades though because we can't give up that much future. And of course it all hinges on Lucic being moved, and that's not happening.

We could go all in but we need to think bigger on the back end.

Fire Chiarelli and Hire Mark hunter as Gm

Trade Evan Bouchard, Puljujarvi, unprotected 2019-1st, 2020-2nd Sekera and Kassian to LA

For Doughty

Trade Lucic , Bear a 1st and 3rd-2020 to Ottawa for Stone

Trade 2019-2nd for Robbi Fabbri

Fire The coach and Hire Quenville

Fabbri. McDavid. Draisaitl
Spooner. RNH. Stone
Chaisson. Marody Rattie
Khaira. Brodziak. Reider

Nurse. Doughty
Klefbom. Larsson
Russel. Banning

Talbot
Koskinen

Fabbri is good friends with McDavid and is lost in the shuffle in St. Louis. The Sens get a great young demand a 1st a 3rd and a cap dump for Stone. Their owner will love an actual cash cost of only 4.5 million instead of 6 for Lucic during the rebuild.

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
All-In Scenario is interesting, because I think if you thought about it, basically every NHL player 24 and under should be traded in this scenario. If you don't think Edmonton could get a return for McDavid better than McDavid for JUST THIS YEAR, you're kidding yourself. Same with Toronto and Matthews, Buffalo with Eichel/Dahlin, etc.

Reactions: DarthProbert

untouchable21

I am not the guy you want to be wrong about.
Aug 12, 2007
The Outer Limits.
I've been racking my brain about what the Jets' all-in move would be. It would be a fun thing to say our standing pat is us all-in, but that doesn't satisfy the terms of this experiment, and it's *a bit removed from reality. We could make a cup a greater than 51% chance with a better 2C than Bryan Little.

But the requirement is that I'm making an offer I know the other party won't refuse. I can't think of any team that has a 1-2c to part with at any price. I'll pay it, but who is it?

That's the missing link for the Jets. One more mid-high level C and everyone's going to hate us. Not only is that a tricky thing to find on the market, I feel like we'd have to pay more than some other teams, because it's readily apparent that's what's stopping us from taking the next step.

Agree with everything you said here. If only there were a way. Someone like Jeff Carter would be a huge game changer for this roster, but alas the salary cap is a real hurdle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad