Value of: Your Team's Best Offer For Bedard

Status
Not open for further replies.

HugeInTheShire

You may not like me but, I'm Huge in the Shire
Mar 8, 2021
Alberta
Funny, I'd would want Matthews and Knies, though. And probably some retention on Matthews. And even then, why trade an ELC that is expected to be a phenomenal talent (called even years out), when he will have more team control?

I'd would makes my eyes bleed LOL.

This entire thread is pointless, whoever gets him is obviously going to build around him therefore they ain't trading him.

Reactions: Cogburn

Andy Dufresne

Jun 17, 2009
I think Vancouvers offer would be along the lines of: Whatever players and picks you want + a lifetime supply of blueberries (hey those things aren't cheap)

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I'd would makes my eyes bleed LOL.

This entire thread is pointless, whoever gets him is obviously going to build around him therefore they ain't trading him.
Precisely. More time to build a team that will work around him, three years of almost negligible cap hit, it would take a whole, completely functional team to replace what Bedard could be viewed as.

Meaning trading him isn't happening.

Reactions: HugeInTheShire

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
If my team was lucky enough to win the lottery, the only scenario I would think about is a Fantilli Bedard trade with significant assets coming back with Fantilli, seriously lopsided.

Golden Gophers 4649

Minnesota Hockey Fan
Jun 15, 2015
Minneapolis
Figure this would be an interesting thread.

From the Leafs I offer (assuming we get BTFO'd in the playoffs which we 99.9% will)

Nylander
Marner
Liljegren
Engvall
Kerfoot
1st
All prospects not Knies
If you were a GM and offered that my guess is you'd be fired immediately. Even Crosby has shown you don't win cups with one or two players.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
One of Suzuki or Caufield
1st 2023 Montréal (could be top 5)
1st 2023 Florida
One of Guhle or Hutson
Any other prospect

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
I mean it's a tough thing. The closest comparable is the Lindros trade. That was a top 4 defenseman (Duchesne) Hall of fame elite 2 way center (Forsberg), starting goalie (Hextall), good middle 6 player (Ricci), bottom 6 powerforward (Simon), 2 1st round picks and 15M in cash.

So Buffalo could offer Cozens, Tuch, Peterka, Power, maybe Mittlestaedt, 2 1sts and take $15 M in bad contracts. The question is why would the Sabres do that? Why would any team do it? Bedard is amazing but I think the Nordiques won that trade.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Caufield
Suzuki
Montreal 1st (obviously if its not Bedard ;) )

And like, whoever else you like?

I dont think I can do better than that.

And here's hoping that Bedard is McDavid 2.0 because that team will look AWFUL after

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
So Buffalo could offer Cozens, Tuch, Peterka, Power, maybe Mittlestaedt, 2 1sts and take $15 M in bad contracts. The question is why would the Sabres do that? Why would any team do it? Bedard is amazing but I think the Nordiques won that trade.

I don't think anyone really disputes that the Nordiques/Avs won that deal. Forsberg was a pretty special player and those picks ended up being good players too. That trade tree is still with the Avs. Even with Lindros being everything he was expected to be until the injuries that was half a team worth of good players.

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Figure this would be an interesting thread.

From the Leafs I offer (assuming we get BTFO'd in the playoffs which we 99.9% will)

Nylander
Marner
Liljegren
Engvall
Kerfoot
1st
All prospects not Knies
So basically a bunch of trash for bedard nice

RandomJetsFan

Apr 19, 2014
manitoba
If that was the case I'd probably be fired as the jets gm by opening the cupboard and handing the other guy a shopping cart for his picks of prospects for Bedard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad