Your team wins the Cup. Who gets to skate with it first after the captain?

FoxyClean

Gets The Tough Pucks Out
Sep 19, 2016
Brooklyn
Kreider -> Mika -> Bread -> Igor -> Fil -> Foxy -> Lindy -> Troch -> Kakko -> Laf -> Miller -> Vesey -> Gus -> Schneids

Quick and Goodrow have won enough, they can wait til the end.

Reactions: haveandare

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
Some of it might depend on how the playoffs go. A team-carrying performance can change things up. And most years the order is a bit jumbled from what you'd expect because the ice is a mele with cameras and family so players are scattered around.

My guess from Toronto is that Tavares would pass to Morgan Rielly, as the team's longest tenured player and a leader, or Giordano as a long time vet without a Cup. But it could be one of the big 3 forwards.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Should be McDavid to Nugent-Hopkins but it might be McDavid to Draisaitl.

McDavid
Nuge
Draisaitl
Nurse
Ekholm

Tavares is still the captain, so I guess he lifts it first. I am guessing Matthews is 2nd, especially if he hits 70 goals

As a fan I hate when the cup is handed off to a nobody player, just because he's older....

If Edmonton wins - Drai should 100% get the cup. Toronto - Matthews. (assuming they both perform well in the playoffs, which you'd expect).

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Pretty self-explanatory. Who does your team’s captain hand the off Cup to? An OGWAC? The likely Conn Smythe winner? A player who came back from a career threatening injury?

For the Rangers, unless someone really runs away with the Smythe, I think it’s either:

Jonathan Quick- Old vet who played a key role in the NYR winning the Presidents trophy
Filip Chytil (if he plays in the playoffs)- Coming back from potentially career-threatening concussion issues

Kreider 100%

1. Jacob Trouba
2. Chris Kreider
3. Mika Zibanejad
4. Filip Chytil
5. Artemi Panarin
6. Igor Shesterkin
7. Jonathan Quick
8. Vincent Trocheck
9. Barclay Goodrow
10. Jimmy Vesey
11. Erik Gustafsson
12. Alex Wennberg
13. Adam Fox
14. Ryan Lindgren
15. K'Andre Miller
16. Jack Roslovic
17. Johnny Brodzinski
18. Kaapo Kakko
19. Alexis Lafreniere
20. Braden Schneider
21. Will Cuylle
22. Matt Rempe

Used a mix of age, length of Rangers tenure, not winning a cup yet & friends passing it off to each other

Rempe last?

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Lightning's Glendening might, and deserving so, could receive that honor after captain & assistant captains skated. But..... could see Lightning bypassing usual order of things since they've done this recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad