Your team wins the Cup. Who gets to skate with it first after the captain?

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Pretty self-explanatory. Who does your team’s captain hand the off Cup to? An OGWAC? The likely Conn Smythe winner? A player who came back from a career threatening injury?

For the Rangers, unless someone really runs away with the Smythe, I think it’s either:

Jonathan Quick- Old vet who played a key role in the NYR winning the Presidents trophy
Filip Chytil (if he plays in the playoffs)- Coming back from potentially career-threatening concussion issues

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
1. Jacob Trouba
2. Chris Kreider
3. Mika Zibanejad
4. Filip Chytil
5. Artemi Panarin
6. Igor Shesterkin
7. Jonathan Quick
8. Vincent Trocheck
9. Barclay Goodrow
10. Jimmy Vesey
11. Erik Gustafsson
12. Alex Wennberg
13. Adam Fox
14. Ryan Lindgren
15. K'Andre Miller
16. Jack Roslovic
17. Johnny Brodzinski
18. Kaapo Kakko
19. Alexis Lafreniere
20. Braden Schneider
21. Will Cuylle
22. Matt Rempe

Used a mix of age, length of Rangers tenure, not winning a cup yet & friends passing it off to each other

GreatSaveEssensa

The Dark Side Of The Goon
Feb 16, 2016
Manitoba
Scheifele for the Jets after Lowry accepts it. He’s the Jets 2.0 very first draft pick, has been a part of the team since they’ve been back, is assistant captain and # 1 centre and is by all accounts the face of the franchise around Winnipeg. Hellebuyck and Morrissey would be 3rd and 4th in no particular order.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
The top 5 for Dallas I think would be..

Benn to Seguin to Pavelski to Suter to Duchene.

(All the 1000+ guys plus Seguin who has been by Benns side for more than 10 years)

Then guys like Faksa, Lindell, Hintz and Heiskanen who have all been there a while.

Reactions: Sports2

Crosby2010

Mar 4, 2023
Tavares is still the captain, so I guess he lifts it first. I am guessing Matthews is 2nd, especially if he hits 70 goals

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad