Speculation: Your team: Sell the farm for a Cup next season

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Tampa: This is fun.

Raddysh+1st+Koekkoek+Killorn+Stephens+Yan+Hajek for Ekman-Larsson (retained)
Foote+2019 1st+Joseph+Erne for Duchene (retained) and Greer
Greer+Callahan for Hurricanes 7th
Coburn+Cernak+2nd for Montour
Sergachev for Drouin ;)
Cirelli+2019 2nd+2020 2nd for Galchenyuk
Lipanov+Volkov+Howden for Trouba

Drouin-Stamkos-Kucherov
Galchenyuk-Duchene-Point
Palat-Johnson-Namestnikov
Kunitz-Gourde-Conacher

Hedman-Dotchin
OEL-Stralman
Montour-Trouba

Vasilevskiy
Budaj

idk

Perhaps you didn't read the "no ridiculous trades" part of the OP. Not a single GM would agree with Yzerman to those deals. The closest one is Sergachev for Drouin straight up, and we know for a fact Bergevin wouldn't do that!

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Perhaps you didn't read the "no ridiculous trades" part of the OP. Not a single GM would agree with Yzerman to those deals. The closest one is Sergachev for Drouin straight up, and we know for a fact Bergevin wouldn't do that!

What's ridiculous about 6 players and a first for 1 player? Seems pretty normal to me.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
From a Habs fan.

Juulsen + scherbak + lindgren + ikonen + 2018 1st and 2nd

Poeling + Hudon + 2019 1st for Jake Muzzin

i wouldn't do the first trade... not feeling it helps our team to win the cup if we trade a couple of prospects and picks for air

and kings won't touch the second offer. we could use muzzin though

major major

Feb 18, 2013
What's ridiculous about 6 players and a first for 1 player? Seems pretty normal to me.

You can't trade for OEL and have Killorn be the best player going back the other way. Absolutely not normal.

Jackets would outbid for Duchene.

Galchenyuk, Trouba, Montour are all worth substantially more than those weak packages for them. Three B prospects =/= a good established RFA aged player.

Trouba is especially worth more. As a Jets fan, would you trade him for Lipanov, Volkov, and Howden? No? How about Lipanov, Volkov, Howden, Erne, Yan, and Hajek? It's still terrible! The Moose would be great but the Jets much worse.

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Steel, Jones, Larsson, Vatanen, 1st, 2nd. Bieska (cap). maybe more idk.

Landeskog 1mil retained, Johnson and Duchene

Eaves-Getzlaf-Perry
Landeskog-Kesler-Silfverberg
Cogliano-Duchene-Rakell
Ritchie-Vermette-Kase

Fowler-Johnson
Lindholm-Manson
Megna-Montour

Gibson
Miller

Last edited:

migi

Feb 25, 2015
who the heck are those guys, never heard of them...and you patches for them lol

Chicago literally has nothing that Winnipeg would accept 1 for 1 or as a piece in a trade for Trouba.

We'd say no to Kane and Toews' contracts for sure. And btw, Trouba would be ahead of Murphy on your depth chart.

I hope your school teachers are proud of your reading comprehension skills. I mean come on.

And that line-up wasn't really a depth chart.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Eriksson Ek + Kunin + Greenway + 2018 1st for Barkov

(Sign Cullen)

Niederreiter - Barkov - Coyle
Zucker - Koivu - Granlund
Parise - Staal - Ennis
Stewart - Cullen - Foligno

TorstenFrings

lebenslang gruenweiss
Apr 25, 2012
Bremen
Perhaps you didn't read the "no ridiculous trades" part of the OP.

Did anyone though? Half the thread consists of 3 randos + 1st for star player, the other half is overpaid meh players + 1st for star player.

The only thing that makes that post stand out is that the first trade is literally for OEL, whom OP used as an example in the no rando + 1st for OEL rule.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Dubois + Carlsson + whatever else from our "farm" for Tavares

Panarin-Tavares-Bjorkstrand
Foligno-Wennberg-Atkinson
Jenner-Dubinsky-Anderson
Calvert-Sedlak-Motte

Werenski-Jones
Johnson-Savard
Murray-Nutivaara

Bobrovsky

I don't see any holes in that roster whatsoever.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Not sure the Oilers should sell the farm yet . But here a crack at it

RNH + Puljujarvi +1st 2018 + Yamamoto + Benson + Russell . Kills our all of our future depth so very doubtful it would happen + we just resign Russell for too much for too long with a no trade

For a PMD PPQB also needs to be RD and a true 3rd C + RW . Someone in the Simmonds mode for the right side , Couturier for 3rd C . D ?

Mention the Flyers as I think the have what we need . Doubtful they trade any of them to us let alone 3 of them

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
For the Leafs, it would be Marner/Nylander (+) for a big D upgrade....although i still don't think that makes us a true contender.

namttebih

Dec 11, 2010
East York
Pure fantasy right?

Ok

Doughty and Taveres as rentals at the trade deadline. Would a 1st, 2nd and prospect to each work? Plus cap dumps and possibly some retention.

Marleau Matthews Nylander
JVR Taveres Marner
Kappanen Kadri Brown
Martin Moore Hyman

Rielly Doughty
Gardiner Zaitsev
Hainsey Carrick

Andersen
McBackup

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
Not a Montreal fan but they might as well consider selling off any young pieces so they can try to win with Price and Weber.

H. Sedin+ D. Sedin(50%)

For

Nikita Scherbak
Noah Julssen
2018 1st
2019 2nd
Tomas Plekanec
--------------

Alex Galchenyuk

For

Sami Vatanen
---------------
2018 2nd+2018 3rd

For

Tyler Bozak
------------------

Brendan Gallagher+Michael McCarron

For

Ryan Nugent Hopkins
-----------------
2019 1st

For

Gustav Nyquist

Drouin-RNH-Pacioretty
Sedin-Sedin-Lehkonnen
Shaw-Bozak-Nyquist
Byron-Danault-Mitchell

Weber-Petry
Alzner-Vatanen
Benn-Schlemko
Davidson-Streit

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Alex DeBrincat, Lucas Carlsson and 1st for Jacob Trouba.

Jokiharju, Snuggerud, Sikura and 2nd for Max Pacioretty.

Nelther of those isn't happening, Chevy or Bergevin wouldn't do it. But that is the best I can think right now which would put us over the top.

Saad - Toews - Panik
Pacioretty - Schmaltz - Kane
Sharp - Anisimov - Hartman
Kero - Dauphin - Wingels

Keith - Murphy
Forsling - Trouba
Kempny - Seabrook

Chicago literally has nothing that Winnipeg would accept 1 for 1 or as a piece in a trade for Trouba.

We'd say no to Kane and Toews' contracts for sure. And btw, Trouba would be ahead of Murphy on your depth chart.

I hope your school teachers are proud of your reading comprehension skills. I mean come on.

And that line-up wasn't really a depth chart.
I'm guessing you're not talking to me when you're attacking people's reading comprehension. Full disclosure, I own an English training center and we specialize in assisting adult students with preparation for the IELTS exam. Based on your first post I wouldn't have high hopes for your success on that test. It doesn't seem like you're in a position to attack another person's language skills.

To prevent confusion in the future when you quote multiple posts, you can simply write after each (/QUOTE) tag. Separating your responses this way will prevent snarky messages from people like me who originally think you're talking to them and are still offended when they figure out you aren't.

TLDR; leave him alone, your English isn't perfect either. Also, Trouba is WAY out of your price range.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
Pure fantasy right?

Ok

Doughty and Taveres as rentals at the trade deadline. Would a 1st, 2nd and prospect to each work? Plus cap dumps and possibly some retention.

Marleau Matthews Nylander
JVR Taveres Marner
Kappanen Kadri Brown
Martin Moore Hyman

Rielly Doughty
Gardiner Zaitsev
Hainsey Carrick

Andersen
McBackup

It's a huge relief as a Leafs hater that those players are likely to cost a lot more than that. That would be a terrifying lineup, and I'm very glad that it will never happen.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Well, New Jersey's farm kinda is our team. Nico, McLeod, Santini, Quenneville, Speers, and a bunch of other rookies are going to make up a significant portion of our talent next season.

I guess the most aggressive thing would be to trade Zacha for a defenseman, Henrique for another defenseman, and then prospects like Bastian and Anderson for scoring depth.

migi

Feb 25, 2015
I'm guessing you're not talking to me when you're attacking people's reading comprehension. Full disclosure, I own an English training center and we specialize in assisting adult students with preparation for the IELTS exam. Based on your first post I wouldn't have high hopes for your success on that test. It doesn't seem like you're in a position to attack another person's language skills.

To prevent confusion in the future when you quote multiple posts, you can simply write after each (/QUOTE) tag. Separating your responses this way will prevent snarky messages from people like me who originally think you're talking to them and are still offended when they figure out you aren't.

TLDR; leave him alone, your English isn't perfect either. Also, Trouba is WAY out of your price range.

Well first of all, I'm from Finland and yes, Finnish is my native tongue.

But please, read my first post again, and read it carefully please. Hint: the part after both trade proposals.

I really don't want to read about what you think is possible or impossible if I already made that clear after proposals. Reading comprehension. So the "attack" was also for you to read, coach.

I'll clarify: that was the best offer that Blackhawks could make for Trouba and Pacioretty which are the players I think would put the Blackhawks over the top. But yes, the paragraph after those proposals. Yes.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
]Leafs - Kings​

Connor Brown, Jeremy Bracco, Travis Dermott,1st (2018), 2nd (2018), 2nd (2020)
for
Drew Doughty

Leafs - Blue Jackets

Tyler Bozak, Adam Brooks, 3rd, 2nd 2019
for
Boone Jenner

Leafs - Canucks

2019 1st, Carl Grundstrom, Andrew Nielson
for
Chris Tanev (25% ret)

Sign John Tavares as a FA next summer

Jenner - Matthews - Marner
VanRiemsdyk - Tavares - Nylander
Marleau - Kadri - Kappanen
Martin - Komarov - Hyman/Leivo

Rielly - Doughty
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Hainsey/Carrick - Tanev

Anderson

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
Steel, Jones, Larsson, Vatanen, 1st, 2nd. Bieska (cap). maybe more idk.

Landeskog 1mil retained, Johnson and Duchene

Eaves-Getzlaf-Perry
Landeskog-Kesler-Silfverberg
Cogliano-Duchene-Rakell
Ritchie-Vermette-Kase

Fowler-Johnson
Lindholm-Manson
Megna-Montour

Gibson
Miller

That is an absolute garbage deal for Colorado

Anyway from a leafs POV it all really depends on how good of an RHD we could get for a package involving Kapanen + Liljegren + 2018 1st

If we got someone who could handle top pairing minutes on the right side I think the Leafs could at least make a run to the conference finals. The have the forward depth to go already.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Not a Montreal fan but they might as well consider selling off any young pieces so they can try to win with Price and Weber.

H. Sedin+ D. Sedin(50%)

For

Nikita Scherbak
Noah Julssen
2018 1st
2019 2nd
Tomas Plekanec
--------------

Alex Galchenyuk

For

Sami Vatanen
---------------
2018 2nd+2018 3rd

For

Tyler Bozak
------------------

Brendan Gallagher+Michael McCarron

For

Ryan Nugent Hopkins
-----------------
2019 1st

For

Gustav Nyquist

Drouin-RNH-Pacioretty
Sedin-Sedin-Lehkonnen
Shaw-Bozak-Nyquist
Byron-Danault-Mitchell

Weber-Petry
Alzner-Vatanen
Benn-Schlemko
Davidson-Streit

this doesn't fit under our cap in any way, change the following and i'd be all over this:

1. remove the bozak trade, simply for cap reasons (maybe use either of the picks for acquiring nyquist if the 1st isn't enough)
2. we could have a better and more fitting player for galchenyuk than vatanen (i don't wanna force weber to play LHD), i'd target a LHD instead, muzzin or gostisbehere perhaps
3. too much LW, remove mccarron and gallagher from the RNH trade and do a drouin-RNH 1-for-1

pacioretty - RNH - gallagher
sedin - sedin - lehkonen
shaw - danault - nyquist
byron - mitchell - mccarron

muzzin/gostisbehere - weber
alzner - petry
benn - schlemko

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011

you wouldnt trade trouba for kane LOLOL

Algernop Kreider

Ant strength
Mar 9, 2014
New York
Rangers don't have enough farm talent to push them into a cup favorite, let alone a guarantee.

To sort of answer your question - winning the cup is pretty special and never a guarantee, if selling the farm resulted in the Rangers winning the cup, I'd sell the entire farm and any roster player standing on it.

We just traded Stepan for futures, and he left behind our biggest hole. Add Chytil to the package of Andersson and DeAngelo and that brings back Duchene at the very least.

Notwithstanding the super teams in this thread, the Rangers would be instant contenders if not favorites if they added a star center this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad