Your team is on the clock! PICK #12 (Fan Base Mock Entry Draft)

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Hey Stars fans ! I have been hosting a fan base 2015 entry level draft the past few days! You fans have until 2pm EST time tonight to get your picks in on who you want the Stars to draft with the 12th overall pick of the 2015 entry draft.

Please check the draft board below on who has been drafted, once a player is drafted they are no longer available. As a fan base you guys will be making your pick. So please leave behind the player you want to draft the most with your pick. Once your time is up I will be counting all the players chosen, and who ever has the most votes, is the player selected. If a tiebreaker is needed, I will be flipping a coin to decide that haha.

Rules:
-You as a voter, can only vote once.
-You can only select one player.
-Of course like a real draft, once a player is selected they can not be drafted again.

Players taken so far:

1. Edmonton Oilers:Connor McDavid, Center.

2. Buffalo Sabres: Jack Eichel, Center.

3 Arizona Coyotes: Dylan Strome (2nd Hanifin, 3rd Marner)

4. Toronto Maple Leafs: Mitchell Marner (2nd Hanifin, 3rd Barzal/Provorov)

5. Carolina Hurricanes: Noah Hanifin (2nd Crouse, 3rd Tsujimoto)

6. New Jersey Devils: Matthew Barzal (2nd Rantenen, 3rd Zacha)

7. Philadelphia Flyers: Ivan Provorov (2nd Rantenen, 2nd Zacha)

8. Columbus Blue Jackets: Mikko Rantenen (2nd Weresnki, 3rd Mieir)

9. San Jose Sharks: Werenski (2nd Zacha, 3rd McCool)

10. Colorado Avalanche: Lawson Crouse (2nd Meir, 3rd Zacha)

11. Florida Panthers: Pavel Zacha (2nd Meir, 3rd Konecky)

12. Dallas Stars

Click this link below to follow the draft/main thread.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1878727

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
*Mike Modano walks up to the podium* First off I would like to thank the Florida Panthers and the city of Sunrise for hosting a great event. With the 12th pick in the 2015 NHL entry draft, the Dallas Stars are proud to select from Chelyabinsk Ruska er um.. the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles, Evgeny Svechnikov.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
:laugh: I see Carolina fans were creative and gave Taro Tsujimoto some love as their 3rd choice.

But seriously though, I guess Carolina has to be creative when there are no Staals available :sarcasm:

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
1st choice - Timo Meier
2nd choice - Evgeny Svechnikov
3rd choice - Kyle Connor

Kyle Connor is going to be super underrated on the boards similar to Dylan Larkin last year.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
It's honestly super ****ed how deep this draft is... I'd love to see us acquire another pick.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Dallas on the Clock

Dallas Needs ... Offensive puck moving defenseman

Jakub Zboril ... IMO ;low risk high reward D still available.

CS final had Zboril ahead of Chabot and Roy, ISS has Zboril ahead of Kylington , Larson , Carlsson, Roy but 1 behind Chabot

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Dallas Needs ... Offensive puck moving defenseman

Jakub Zboril ... IMO ;low risk high reward D still available.

CS final had Zboril ahead of Chabot and Roy, ISS has Zboril ahead of Kylington , Larson , Carlsson, Roy but 1 behind Chabot

Not sure how much you follow the Stars but with Klingberg emerging and Julius Honka having a solid year in the AHL, they won't be drafting a defenseman with their first round pick.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Not sure how much you follow the Stars but with Klingberg emerging and Julius Honka having a solid year in the AHL, they won't be drafting a defenseman with their first round pick.

IMO ... preceeds my statement on their need for a D. :)
The more I watch playoff hocky the need for fast , puck moving, defensively responsible defensemen that can pitch in offensively cannot be overstated by any team.

FYI ... for what its worth.
From Hockey's Future Dallas Stars site.

Strengths
Upper-echelon forwards are progressing nicely.
Copious amounts of sizeable, defensive defensemen.
Tremendous amount of overall depth.

Weaknesses
Few prospects expected to reach "elite" or "gamebreaker" status.
Recent grabs for offensive d-men came up short.
Goaltending depth is limited in quantity and quality

Klingberg is a mobile offensive-minded defenseman that displays good on-ice awareness. He rushes the puck well and makes quality passes. Klingberg has very good vision and hockey sense. and likes to join the offensive rush. He needs to add bulk as he is light on his skates and is easily knocked off the puck. He skates very well with a good stride and plays with determination. Klingberg needs to improve his defensive game and his ability to handle physicality.

Honka is a slick, puck-moving defenseman. With a hard, accurate right-handed shot he is a threat from the point and is masterful on the power play unit. Honka can dominate in offensive situations, but also understands positional play. He handles physical play despite his lack of bulk and stature...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Elite Prospects
Jakub Zboril is a smart, fleet-footed two-way defenseman that plays to his strengths in all three areas of the ice. While he doesn't aim to impress, he does all of the little things right and plays with an edge. The neutral zone is his launching pad: he is able to take off into the offensive end, or backcheck quickly into his own end. Very sound positionally. Smooth skater with lots of energy to burn. Not afraid to lay the body, or take a hit to make the play; can and will stand up for teammates. Possesses good hands and awareness on the ice, as well as a hard shot that is quite accurate. All-in-all, a complete defenseman that is relied upon to offset any oncoming attacks, as well as create chances in the opposing end. (Curtis Joe, EP 2015)

Could end up being that home-run pick in the 2015 NHL Draft. Few holes in his game. A low-risk, high-reward type of player. Reminiscent style of play to that of NHL D-man Keith Yandle. [EP]

---------------------
That all said Meier would be a great pick at 12 as well. But Depth at D is awesome and virtually every team is always looking for a top 4 D. Zboril has that in him (IMO).

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
IMO ... preceeds my statement on their need for a D. :)
The more I watch playoff hocky the need for fast , puck moving, defensively responsible defensemen that can pitch in offensively cannot be overstated by any team.

FYI ... for what its worth.
From Hockey's Future Dallas Stars site.

Strengths
Upper-echelon forwards are progressing nicely.
Copious amounts of sizeable, defensive defensemen.
Tremendous amount of overall depth.

Weaknesses
Few prospects expected to reach "elite" or "gamebreaker" status.
Recent grabs for offensive d-men came up short.
Goaltending depth is limited in quantity and quality

Klingberg is a mobile offensive-minded defenseman that displays good on-ice awareness. He rushes the puck well and makes quality passes. Klingberg has very good vision and hockey sense. and likes to join the offensive rush. He needs to add bulk as he is light on his skates and is easily knocked off the puck. He skates very well with a good stride and plays with determination. Klingberg needs to improve his defensive game and his ability to handle physicality.

Honka is a slick, puck-moving defenseman. With a hard, accurate right-handed shot he is a threat from the point and is masterful on the power play unit. Honka can dominate in offensive situations, but also understands positional play. He handles physical play despite his lack of bulk and stature...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
From Elite Prospects
Jakub Zboril is a smart, fleet-footed two-way defenseman that plays to his strengths in all three areas of the ice. While he doesn't aim to impress, he does all of the little things right and plays with an edge. The neutral zone is his launching pad: he is able to take off into the offensive end, or backcheck quickly into his own end. Very sound positionally. Smooth skater with lots of energy to burn. Not afraid to lay the body, or take a hit to make the play; can and will stand up for teammates. Possesses good hands and awareness on the ice, as well as a hard shot that is quite accurate. All-in-all, a complete defenseman that is relied upon to offset any oncoming attacks, as well as create chances in the opposing end. (Curtis Joe, EP 2015)

Could end up being that home-run pick in the 2015 NHL Draft. Few holes in his game. A low-risk, high-reward type of player. Reminiscent style of play to that of NHL D-man Keith Yandle. [EP]

---------------------
That all said Meier would be a great pick at 12 as well. But Depth at D is awesome and virtually every team is always looking for a top 4 D. Zboril has that in him (IMO).

Depth at D is awesome, that's why this team used 7 of their 9 picks in last year's draft on defenseman.

This is one thing I never understand about this forum, you can certainly read into a team's situation as much as you wish, but unless you actually follow the team you really don't understand what they need. You can only abuse Google so much.

That said, with Werenski off the board, in my opinion, Zboril doesn't become BPA until around #16. Dallas won't be drafting based on need, it'll be based on the best prospect available, which is Meier, Connor or Svechnikov.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Depth at D is awesome, that's why this team used 7 of their 9 picks in last year's draft on defenseman.

This is one thing I never understand about this forum, you can certainly read into a team's situation as much as you wish, but unless you actually follow the team you really don't understand what they need. You can only abuse Google so much.

That said, with Werenski off the board, in my opinion, Zboril doesn't become BPA until around #16. Dallas won't be drafting based on need, it'll be based on the best prospect available, which is Meier, Connor or Svechnikov.

Its hard to argue with a simple opinion against Facts like that.

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Notice how it says goaltending is limited in quality and quantity? It's said that for years, during which time we drafted a goalie in the 1st and in the 2nd rounds. That stuff doesn't get updated, it is a mistake to take your cues from there.

For fun, is Vishnevsky the recent grab for defensemen that came up short? It couldn't be Larsen, he was a 5th rounder.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
I have no idea who we would choose but for me this is my current order. Ask me again tomorrow and it will probably change.

Connor
Svechnikov
Konecny
Meier

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
- Those strengths/weaknesses, woo, sorry to say, I haven't updated them in some time. I will after this draft. Part of the mindset for that bolded thing about offensive defensemen was referring to Ivan Vishnevisky...yoi...

- Timo Meier can barely standup on the rink. I wouldn't recommend any team draft him in the first round...

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
- Those strengths/weaknesses, woo, sorry to say, I haven't updated them in some time. I will after this draft. Part of the mindset for that bolded thing about offensive defensemen was referring to Ivan Vishnevisky...yoi...

- Timo Meier can barely standup on the rink. I wouldn't recommend any team draft him in the first round...

Timo definitely has his shortcomings, don't get me wrong, but the guy potted 40+ goals in large part because he's got a nose for the net and one of the best shots in the draft. I get that he's falling on lists...he's falling on mine, and I have my concerns as to how he will do without Ehlers (he really drives the offense on that team...at least that's what it looked like from my extremely limited viewing of the Mooseheads). I also have concerns that he's one of the older players in the draft, but to say that he's not worth a 1st Round pick?...I disagree. Skating is the easiest thing to improve...improve to at least a passing grade. I have more concerns projecting the guys who aren't producing yet, than I do a guy like Meier who pots 44 goals or whatever he put up. Size, hockey sense, effort, a good shot, and intangibles....I can overlook the skating to a large degree. He's never gonna be Trevor Daley out there, but neither will Jason Spezza.

Michael Farkas

Celebrate 68
Jun 28, 2006
NYC
www.hockeyprospect.com
I generally agree with your thoughts. In my currently-forming rankings, it's unlikely he slots into my top 30 though. I just don't like enough about his game to warrant using a high pick on. If you have an extra 1, ok, you can take the home run sniper type...we're talking 12? No dice for me. I can do better high and take a similar project later on. Maybe not with as much pedigree. Maybe can't score from 35 feet, but maybe 30, 32 though. I'm confident I can duplicate Meier down the line. But that's me, everyone has their own eyes and can make their own call certainly...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad