Your team is on the clock! PICK #10 (Fan Base Mock Entry Draft)

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I'd love to draft Crouse and every time he scores or makes a good play we can say Awesome Lawson.

I want him to become a truly fearsome presence so that every time he comes on for a shift a loud booming voice will be heard over the loudspeakers stating "The Law Has Entered The Game", and then the opposition will freak out and hide in a corner.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Ive watched him many times live in Kingston and hes a beast...He has skill also guys, when bennett came back he finally played with a real centre and he was scoring goal per game the last month of season...but what a beast and the boy can skate...dominant presence

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Ive watched him many times live in Kingston and hes a beast...He has skill also guys, when bennett came back he finally played with a real centre and he was scoring goal per game the last month of season...but what a beast and the boy can skate...dominant presence

That's encouraging. If New Jersey takes Barzal, as it would seem in their self interest, Its likely Crouse slides to 10. Rantanen and Provorenski will go 7, 8, 9. A choice between Crouse and Zacha seems destined from where I stand.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Crouse would be awesome for the avs. Even if we keep ROR imagine a future that has Crouse Duchene McLeod and lando ror Mack as top 6!

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
I really dislike Crouse, I see him as being a high bust potential. By bust potential, I mean I think he will be an NHLer but I envision him as a 3rd liner which when picking 10th is not what you should be looking for. If you are picking top 15 you should be looking for potential top 6 forwards and/or top 4 capable dmen. I just don't think Crouse will ever fit into that category. I think people/scouts are getting to caught up on his size, because there are more talented players than Crouse, yet he is getting rated really high. I mean his numbers aren't eye popping, so I just do see the fascination with him. Usually the top rated guys are the ones with mind boggling numbers.

I'd be really bummed if the drafted played out the way it has in this mock draft because none of the players left really intrigue me and all the guys I want are gone (Provorov, Werenski or Rantenen). If I had to pick I'd probably go with Zacha, and my second pick would be Meier. Both have the top 6 skill I'd be looking for.

3rd line grinder?
sounds vaguely familiar... :sarcasm:

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
That's encouraging. If New Jersey takes Barzal, as it would seem in their self interest, Its likely Crouse slides to 10. Rantanen and Provorenski will go 7, 8, 9. A choice between Crouse and Zacha seems destined from where I stand.

I dont think it'll be that simple.

Every year, someone projected to go high falls back, and every year teams seem to go off the board with at least 1 pick in the 7-12 range.

I could absolutely see someone like Meier, Zacha, or Connor end up being one of those guys that gets taken in the Top 10 as a "surprise" pick. And if its not us, that would likely mean at least 2 of Crouse/Rantanen/Provorenski(Awesome btw) are still on the board when we pick.

And if that happens, than it becomes much more difficult. I like Crouse a lot, but I think it'd be really hard to pass on Rantanen if he's still on the board as well when we pick, and obviously the teams biggest weakness right now is Defense which makes Provorenski very appealing as well.

For me, if we end up with one of Provorov/Werenski/Rantanen/Crouse I would be very happy with our pick(Obviously would be ecstatic if Strome/Marner/Hanifin fell all the way to 10 as well but highly unlikely).

If we end up taking Barzal/Meier/Connor/Zacha I'll still be happy with the pick, but I feel those guys are a step below the others in this draft.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
I could absolutely see someone like Meier, Zacha, or Connor end up being one of those guys that gets taken in the Top 10 as a "surprise" pick. And if its not us, that would likely mean at least 2 of Crouse/Rantanen/Provorenski(Awesome btw) are still on the board when we pick.

It totally would be us though.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
As I said in the draft thread, this notion that there's only a top 9 isn't the consensus everyone seems to think it is. It's at least an 11 with Barzal and Zacha. It's been a nice dream but Crouse won't fall to 10 and if he did I'm certain there's no way we'd pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad