Your team is on the clock! PICK #10 (Fan Base Mock Entry Draft)

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Crouse, Lawson.

And i'm with Hench. I think he's a more talented Ladd, not less talented.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I really dislike Crouse, I see him as being a high bust potential. By bust potential, I mean I think he will be an NHLer but I envision him as a 3rd liner which when picking 10th is not what you should be looking for. If you are picking top 15 you should be looking for potential top 6 forwards and/or top 4 capable dmen. I just don't think Crouse will ever fit into that category. I think people/scouts are getting to caught up on his size, because there are more talented players than Crouse, yet he is getting rated really high. I mean his numbers aren't eye popping, so I just do see the fascination with him. Usually the top rated guys are the ones with mind boggling numbers.

I'd be really bummed if the drafted played out the way it has in this mock draft because none of the players left really intrigue me and all the guys I want are gone (Provorov, Werenski or Rantenen). If I had to pick I'd probably go with Zacha, and my second pick would be Meier. Both have the top 6 skill I'd be looking for.

Honestly I think a lot of people are really under estimating Crouse. The guy plays like Milan Lucic, and I think Crouse has the potential to be a bit more skilled than him. (Pretty sure I heard him in a interview he models his game as being a more skilled Lucic) Guy throws the body every shift, he is incredible defensively, he fights, has a pretty nice skill set for the NHL game, he basically has a bit of everything that you look for in a hockey player.

I think at worst he is a 3rd liner that logs a crap ton of PK minutes, and can be a great enforcer whether is be to leave some big hits or to fight someone. He projects to be a very valuable top 6 forward though in my mind, he is easily one of the best defensive forwards in this draft. I don't think you will expect Crouse to score 40 goals and 40 assists, but you can expect/hope for him to do something around 25 goals 35 assists in his prime while being your best defensive forward on the team. A guy that can be either your best defensive forward, or one of your best defensive forwards is definitely worth the shot at pick #10 in my opinion.

Zacha & Meier are also both great selections there at #10 also. But with Zacha & Meier you are getting potential elite scorers, but are missing out on a player that can bring incredible physical presence to a team, and have a forward that plays an incredible two way game.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Another thing with Crouse is that his defensive play makes you worry a little less about the loss of ROR. Crouse would fit very well with Duchene. My hope is that ROR is here long term but if we have Crouse we know that for the next many years we will have two duo's of Crouse-Dutchy and Landy-Mack.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Crouse is exactly the type of forward Roy would love to add to this team. I'm not enamored with high end offensive potential as difficult as this league has become in terms of scoring.

The team with two of the best offensive threats in the league just almost missed the playoffs (PiT).

Crouse would make our team look much more like a BOS/LA type of setup than a CHI/PIT type, but still somewhere in between since we have high end offense and speed in MacKinnon.

Avs fans should know this all too well already after the debate between RNH & Landeskog, and I don't think many Avs fans (if any) would choose RNH over Landeskog at this point.

Crouse, easy choice and I wouldn't be remotely sad about it.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I really dislike Crouse, I see him as being a high bust potential. By bust potential, I mean I think he will be an NHLer but I envision him as a 3rd liner which when picking 10th is not what you should be looking for. If you are picking top 15 you should be looking for potential top 6 forwards and/or top 4 capable dmen. I just don't think Crouse will ever fit into that category. I think people/scouts are getting to caught up on his size, because there are more talented players than Crouse, yet he is getting rated really high. I mean his numbers aren't eye popping, so I just do see the fascination with him. Usually the top rated guys are the ones with mind boggling numbers.

I'd be really bummed if the drafted played out the way it has in this mock draft because none of the players left really intrigue me and all the guys I want are gone (Provorov, Werenski or Rantenen). If I had to pick I'd probably go with Zacha, and my second pick would be Meier. Both have the top 6 skill I'd be looking for.

Every single one of those arguments was used against us drafting Landy over Huberdeau. Lawson's numbers don't pop because of the team that surrounded him. And the only reason you are doubting his skills is because he's big and his numbers don't pop. Kid's going to be a beaut.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Every single one of those arguments was used against us drafting Landy over Huberdeau. Lawson's numbers don't pop because of the team that surrounded him. And the only reason you are doubting his skills is because he's big and his numbers don't pop. Kid's going to be a beaut.

In the words of Joe Sacco, this team would be 'Hard to play against' :yo:

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Can you guys honestly say you think Crouse and Duchene would make a good tandem? I just see Crouse as somebody who would gel with Mack or O'Reilly, not Duchene.

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
Crouse is exactly the type of forward Roy would love to add to this team. I'm not enamored with high end offensive potential as difficult as this league has become in terms of scoring.

The team with two of the best offensive threats in the league just almost missed the playoffs (PiT).

Crouse would make our team look much more like a BOS/LA type of setup than a CHI/PIT type, but still somewhere in between since we have high end offense and speed in MacKinnon.

Avs fans should know this all too well already after the debate between RNH & Landeskog, and I don't think many Avs fans (if any) would choose RNH over Landeskog at this point.

Crouse, easy choice and I wouldn't be remotely sad about it.

Both of the bolded teams missed the playoffs, while the others made it. :sarcasm:

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Can you guys honestly say you think Crouse and Duchene would make a good tandem? I just see Crouse as somebody who would gel with Mack or O'Reilly, not Duchene.

Crouse is fantastic defensively, hard on the forecheck, cycles the puck well and despite having a lot of talent plays a real simple game. I think he's ideal for Duchene. Crouse is a skilled Jamie Mcginn.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012

Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but this line especially intrigues me when Crouse is talked about as a bust right before it. Zacha has a pretty good chance at busting, much more so than Crouse. Then Meier isn't as skilled as Crouse.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but this line especially intrigues me when Crouse is talked about as a bust right before it. Zacha has a pretty good chance at busting, much more so than Crouse. Then Meier isn't as skilled as Crouse.

Yeah, but look at their numbers...

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Both of the bolded teams missed the playoffs, while the others made it. :sarcasm:

LOL yeah crazy especially since one of them won the cup last year... Boston lost Boychuk and Chara in the same season pretty much.

I think Boston should regret trading Boychuk even more than trading Seguin lol.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I'd take Crouse. I don't think he falls that far though.

Off topic, how many spots do you think we'd have to trade up to have a sincere shot at Provorov? I want that player pretty bad.

I'll honestly be happy with almost anyone in the top 10, but I think we will be making a big mistake if we pick Zach Werenski.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site

Yes, I can see him working well with Dutch. Crouse reads the play well and gets in good positions to support, either by making space or getting himself open. Dutch needs a guy that can do that.

BaconNater

Jul 4, 2011
CO
I'd love to draft Crouse and every time he scores or makes a good play we can say Awesome Lawson.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad