Your Team Canada Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
why thrust fehr onto a different line so he would have to learn a new linemate altogether, if they both make it, why not just play them together, can't you see the advantage

to be honest, i hope neither makes it

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
So hey, Brent Seabrook gets shaken in the first day of camp, doesn't play at all in the second, and I don't know if he played today. So he misses many practices, can't show if he's better than the other D-Men trying out (Picard for example ;) ).

And yet, there's still no doubt he will make the team.
I'm gonna wait until it's announced he indeed makes the team to post my comments.. but I'm ready to bet Sutter will keep him.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
rahan said:
So hey, Brent Seabrook gets shaken in the first day of camp, doesn't play at all in the second, and I don't know if he played today. So he misses many practices, can't show if he's better than the other D-Men trying out (Picard for example ;) ).

I'm gonna wait until it's announced he indeed makes the team to post my comments.. but I'm ready to bet Sutter will keep him.

He doesn't need to prove what his game is, Sutter coaches against him in the WHL and has seen what he can do for several years now. I'm pretty sure Sutter has a good assessment of Seabrook's game at this point.

It's the players that Sutter isn't familiar with that will have to prove what their game is all about.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
rahan said:

That is a Pejorative Slured comment. Of course Seabrook will make it and he should. If me and Gretzky were on the ice at a camp and Gretzky got hurt day one there is still no reason to take me over Gretzky. I wouldn't be at the same skill level and neither are some of the d-men at camp with Seabrook.

The west has the most talented guys this year. You didn't hear us crying over the last 10 years when only one dub goalie made the team. The goalies in Q and Ontario were superior. This year the talent in the west is all around better. Give your head a shake for all of us and support a team of Canadian players.

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
JasonMacIsaac said:
Actually that isn't all to it. Just because they have good checmistry doesn't mean Sutter wouldn't use them with other players. I think Fehr would be more effective on a line with Crosby or Carter as the center. I don't even think Stone will make the team.

Agreed... Stone is on the bubble for sure... although I wouldn't be upset if he made it

I doubt they'll be playing together if the tournament is on... Crosby and Fehr would be nice together for sure

GO CANADA

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Rumpy said:
That is a Pejorative Slured comment. Of course Seabrook will make it and he should. If me and Gretzky were on the ice at a camp and Gretzky got hurt day one there is still no reason to take me over Gretzky. I wouldn't be at the same skill level and neither are some of the d-men at camp with Seabrook.

The west has the most talented guys this year. You didn't hear us crying over the last 10 years when only one dub goalie made the team. The goalies in Q and Ontario were superior. This year the talent in the west is all around better. Give your head a shake for all of us and support a team of Canadian players.

There goes my "Rumpy is Lemieux Theory". :D

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
Rumpy said:

You just don't get it. I'm not crying about the dub having all the players at all. The thing is, Horton wouldn't have made the team because he wouldn't play in camp. Now, Seabrook doesn't because he's injured, and he would make the team? Double standards don't cut it for me. Give the other guys their chance, too bad for him that this incident happened but that's hockey.

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
rahan said:
You just don't get it. I'm not crying about the dub having all the players at all. The thing is, Horton wouldn't have made the team because he wouldn't play in camp. Now, Seabrook doesn't because he's injured, and he would make the team? Double standards don't cut it for me. Give the other guys their chance, too bad for him that this incident happened but that's hockey.

Huh? There's no double standard.

Seabrook is at the camp.

Horton is not at the camp.

They have a policy of not allowing players to play for Canada if they don't attend the camp.

Seabrook is at the camp.

I have absolutely no idea how you think that's a double standard. Someone sustaining a minor injury at the camp is not comparable to someone skipping the camp completely. The two do not equate. Your point makes no sense.

Bully73

Jul 22, 2004
Brandon
Flames Draft Watcher said:
Huh? There's no double standard.

Seabrook is at the camp.

Horton is not at the camp.

They have a policy of not allowing players to play for Canada if they don't attend the camp.

Seabrook is at the camp.

I have absolutely no idea how you think that's a double standard. Someone sustaining a minor injury at the camp is not comparable to someone skipping the camp completely. The two do not equate. Your point makes no sense.
I agree completely - there is no double standard (completely different situations) and there are likely many cases of precedence for situations such as Seabrook's. Off the top of my head I remember one from just a couple of years ago with Tootoo - sustained an injury early on in camp; missed most of camp, but still made the team.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
rahan said:

Flames Draft Watcher summed it up quite nicely. It is a rule that all players on the team must attend camp. It doesn't say anything about a guy being hurt and hanging out with the boys during camp. Ian White would have made the team last year if he was healthy enough to play in the tournament without practicing with the team once. He attended camp with the intentions of playing but couldn't due to injury. I think this rule has been in effect since 92 or something when Canada made special exeptions. I think it might have been different rules for Lindros???? Anyway they had a terrible performance that year and since then they made it a mandate that all players must attend the training camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad