Your Team Canada Lineup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
In the end, here's how I think things should stack up, obviously not taking into consideration the fact that camp performances will have an effect.

Line 1: Stewart/Dawes/Richards
Line 2: Bergeron/Crosby/Fehr
Line 3: Perry/Carter/Getzlaf
Line 4: Dixon/Colliton/Stone
13th forward: Bolland

Defense 1: Phaneuf/Weber
Defense 2: Seabrooke/Belle
Defense 3: Coburn/Barker
7th D-man: Green

Goalies:
Kevin Nastiuk
Devan Dubnyk

what do you guys think?

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Bergeron/Crosby/Carter
Dawes/Richards/Stewart
Getzlaf/Fehr/Dixon
Fraser/Colliton/Ladd
Bolland

Weber/Phaneuf
Seabrook/Coburn
Belle/Barker
Syvret

Nastiuk
Beauchemin

Locks are bolded

Sabes

Feb 27, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Line 3: Perry/Carter/Stone
Line 4: Ladd/Colliton/Getzlaf

D 1: Phaneuf/Weber
D 2: Seabrook/Coburn
D 3: Belle/Barker
7th D-man: Green

Goalies:
Nastiuk
Dubnyk

Last edited:

Pedrostallion1

Jun 29, 2004
As posted in another thread...here is my guess.......

Crosby Carter Bergeron
Dawes Richards Stewart
Getzlaf Stone Fehr
Meyer Colliton Dixon

Extra: Fraser

Weber Phaneuf
Barker Coburn
Seabrook Belle

Extra: Syvret

Glass
Dubnyk

I remember Bob McKenzie saying something about Crosby playing wing and am going to go with that and move Carter to center between Sidney and Bergeron. These three are all pretty slick and allows for some versatility in other line combo's.

Dawes Richards & Stewart have played together in the Under 18 and last year at the WJC. It will be the 3rd time in 3 years they play as a line and the way they dominated I can't see this line being broken up - it's perfect...your perfect 2 way center, your big, skilled powerforward and your smaller evasive sniper.

I figured it was either going to be the Wheatkings pair or the Hitmen pair that play together and overall, chemistry wise I will take Stone & Fehr and throw Getzlaf on the wing. Big line with a defensively responsible center. These three have the potential to dominate.

Last combo is an energy, checking type line as usual....I like the way Meyer plays and he can be one of those offensive threat defensive shut down guys, similar to how Stoll was, maybe not quite as defensively responsible but with a little more offensive upside and a little more spunk. Colliton is a player, a leader and a team guy...can't say I remember Dixon all that much but people say he is also an energy player that is good on the PK so he keeps his spot.

My extra guy is tough...really would have liked to see Brule there as with his versatility he could have fit on any line combo in the case of an injury. I am not sure but take Fraser based on the familiarity and the fact he is a Sutter player with his tenacious, energy, team at all costs style of play. In case of injury, Meyer moves up to fill the spot and Fraser takes his 4th line role.

As for the defence...it's self explanatory - Syvret makes the team as a PP guy similar to how Ian White was used and Gorges at the beginning of the tourney last year. Would love to have Mike Green on there but we are just too deep this year on D.

Goalies are another tough one....I originally didn't think they would take Dubnyk but now that he is there I think he has a spot as he will be the "guy" next year. Other goalie is going to be who plays best in camp. Honestly, I am not comfortable with any of them as a starter compared to the comfort of a Fleury (final game last year not withstanding). Actually, they all give me the same feeling as the time Leneveau started in Halifax....like an unsure, uneasy tingle. In any case, I will go with Glass - he has been great this year and has moved ahead statistically of Nastiuk lately....Glass is coming in hot and Nastiuk a little cold due to the Hats sub par play lately. Just a guess though.

Anyways, those are my thoughts...am looking forward to this tourney, the most enjoyable hockey to watch on earth year after year and glad to see TSN is going to air a couple of the exhibition games in Winnipeg starting on the 20th.

TRask

Dec 8, 2003
Halifax
Pedrostallion1 said:
As posted in another thread...here is my guess.......

Crosby Carter Bergeron
Dawes Richards Stewart
Getzlaf Stone Fehr
Meyer Colliton Dixon

Extra: Fraser

Weber Phaneuf
Barker Coburn
Seabrook Belle

Perfect lineup, id just switch stone and colliton

Meat Wave

Apr 4, 2003
Canada
Patrice Bergeron - Sidney Crosby - Jeff Carter
Anthony Stewart - Mike Richards - Nigel Dawes
Ryan Stone - Ryan Getzlaf - Eric Fehr
Stefen Meyer - Jeremy Colliton - Stefan Dixon

Shea Weber - Dion Phaneuf
Cam Barker - Braydon Coburn
Brent Seabrook - Shawn Belle

Jeff Glass
Devan Dubnyk

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Line 1A: Richards-Stewart-Dawes
Line 1B: Crosby-Bergeron-Perry
Line 1C: Carter-Getzlaf-Fehr
Checking line: Stone-Colliton-Dixon
Extra: Clarke McArthur. (Can play offensive role, can play on 4th line, more well-rounded than Meyer or Ladd).

Not a difficult job to pick most of the forwards. Richards, Stewart and Dawes return from last year, when they were Canada's best unit. Carter and Getzlaf get an even better linemate than last year in Eric Fehr. Bergeron and Perry are skilled wingers for Crosby. Stone is an excellent two-way force, and Colliton and Dixon provide good leadership.

Blueline
D1: Phaneuf-Weber
D2: Seabrook-Coburn (Back from last year)
D3: Belle-Barker
7: Mike Green

The all-WHL tandem. Each pair has an elite prospect. (Phaneuf, Coburn and Barker). Will be capable of shutting down any opponent, including Alexander Ovechkin.

Goalie
Nastiuk
Beauchemin

Canada's question mark. If Nastiuk plays in the WJC like he has in the Dub, goaltending shouldn't be a problem. If he struggles, look out. The good news is the defence is excellent, and the coaching hasn't been this good in a decade. Canada didn't get good goaltending from Fleury last year and still won silver. This is a better team than last year, with better coaching, so Canada should get a medal of some sort. If they get even average to good goaltending, it'll be a golden moment for the first time in eight years.

Captain Conservative

Apr 1, 2004
My Blue Heaven
HiggsFan said:
Patrice Bergeron - Sidney Crosby - Jeff Carter
Anthony Stewart - Mike Richards - Nigel Dawes
Ryan Stone - Ryan Getzlaf - Eric Fehr
Stefen Meyer - Jeremy Colliton - Stefan Dixon

Shea Weber - Dion Phaneuf
Cam Barker - Braydon Coburn
Brent Seabrook - Shawn Belle

Jeff Glass
Devan Dubnyk

Put Green in place of Belle and switch Crosby and Carter and thats the lineup i'd ice.

Big Deaner

Mar 6, 2003
Calgary
Visit site
Line 3: Perry/Carter/Getzlaf
Line 4: Colliton/Stone/Dixon

Defense 1: Phaneuf/Weber
Defense 2: Coburn/Green
Defense 3: Barker/Seabrook
7th D-man: Syrvet

Goalies:
Kevin Nastiuk
Jeff Glass

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
jcpenny said:
Since when? They sure didnt last year...

Yeah, I can't say I can ever remember Canada having two checking lines. We sure as hell won't have two this year, or we'll have to cut some guys like Jeff Carter or Ryan Getzlaf to make room for guys like Colin Fraser and Dustin Boyd.

UltimoRoger

Nov 2, 2004
I don't really have that great an idea, but here's just a guess. It's not that different from a lot of other people.

Crosby-Carter-Bergeron
Dawes-Richards-Stewart
Fehr-Stone-Getzlaf
Bolland-Colliton-Dixon
ex: Ladd

Meyer or Fraser might slip in there somewhere, I don't really know. I really like Bolland and I hope he makes it, but I have my doubts.

Weber-Phaneuf
Seabrook-Belle
Coburn-Barker
ex: Green

Syvret might slip in there instead of Green but again, I'm not too sure.

As for the goalies, I'm not that familiar with the WHL, so I have no idea how they rank amoungst each other, so I'll skip them.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
In international tournaments, forwards often don't play their natural position. Centres will often shift to the wings. RWs will switch to LW, and vice versa. Wingers generally don't switch to centre, but that's due to faceoffs. Therefore, Bergeron could easily wind up on LW.

BuppY

xGoodwillx
Dec 24, 2003
relatednews.net
UltimoRoger said:
I don't really have that great an idea, but here's just a guess. It's not that different from a lot of other people.

Crosby-Carter-Bergeron
Dawes-Richards-Stewart
Fehr-Stone-Getzlaf
Bolland-Colliton-Dixon
ex: Ladd

Meyer or Fraser might slip in there somewhere, I don't really know. I really like Bolland and I hope he makes it, but I have my doubts.

Weber-Phaneuf
Seabrook-Belle
Coburn-Barker
ex: Green

Syvret might slip in there instead of Green but again, I'm not too sure.

As for the goalies, I'm not that familiar with the WHL, so I have no idea how they rank amoungst each other, so I'll skip them.

I like this line up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad