Line Combos: Your Regular Season Starting Line up

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
I need some quick help for something totally off topic. I know Sportsnet does, but does TSN have regional broadcasts of regular season games or are they all televised nationally?

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Does Dalpe have the game to be a fourth line center?

They'll probably try him on the 3rd line and go from there. Not as the 'traditional' 3C role, however.

Corrado continues to look like the real deal; making Gillis decision to not to deal Edler and convert his cap into an offensive forward/another prospect like another trademark 'non-winner'...

Why would we deal Edler? They're going to play different sides anyway.

Vankiller Whale

Fire Benning
May 12, 2012
Toronto
Sedins-Hansen
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Dalpe/Richardson-Hansen
Santorelli-Richardson/Welsh-Weise

At least for the 1st game vs the Sharks, the Sharks don't have a heavyweight, making dressing Sestito useless. The Sharks aren't the big physical team they used to be, they've moved more towards a speed game.

I totally forgot we signed Jannik's brother.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com
I totally forgot we signed Jannik's brother.

homer-simpson-doh.jpg

Sedins-Hansen
Booth-Kesler-Burrows
Higgins-Richardson-Dalpe
Sestito-Santorelli-Weise

WELP, we're stuck with Sestito in the lineup...

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Sharks fan coming in peace. I'm making the GDT for the opener and was hoping you guys could confirm your expected line-up. My GDTs tend to take a long time so I can't wait til things are confirmed.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Booth-Santorelli-Richardson
Weise-Dalpe-Sestito

Does that look right? Hope you guys will like my GDT!

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
Sharks fan coming in peace. I'm making the GDT for the opener and was hoping you guys could confirm your expected line-up. My GDTs tend to take a long time so I can't wait til things are confirmed.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Weise-Dalpe-Sestito

who knows! :laugh: just go with it. always appreciate your fan base's work. (i love your work too TPM)

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Weise-Dalpe-Sestito

The first two lines look about right, though I think the bottom two will turn out to be:

Booth-Dalpe-Santorelli
Sestito-Richardson-Weise

As for your GDT, well, your board doesn't get its reputation for nothing so I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Hi-wayman

Feb 28, 2002
Surrey
Visit site
My revised starting lineup for first official game of this season:

LW --- C --- RW
D Sedin - H Sedin – Hansen
Higgins – Kesler - Burrows
Booth – Santorelli – Dalpe
Sestito – Richardson - Weise

LD --- RD
Hamhuis – Bieksa
Edger – Tanev
Garrison – Weber

G
Luongo

Backup Goalie: Lack

Spares not dressed(Team now limited to 22 man roster for 5 games): Alberts, Stanton.

Suspended: Kassian

Injured reserve: Schroeder

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
My revised starting lineup for first official game of this season:

LW --- C --- RW
Higgins – Kesler - Burrows
Booth – Santorelli – Dalpe
Sestito – Richardson - Weise

LD --- RD
Hamhuis – Bieksa
Edger – Tanev
Garrison – Weber

G
Luongo

Backup Goalie: Lack

Spares not dressed(Team now limited to 22 man roster for 5 games): Alberts, Stanton.

Suspended: Kassian

Injured reserve: Schroeder

It more likely Dalpe at the center position and Santorelli on the wing

TheyHave2Goaltenders

Sep 21, 2013
Detroit
Booth – Schroeder – Kesler <----- wtf??
Burrows – Santorelli – Kassian
Higgins – Gaunce - Richardson
Archibald Weise

Hamhuis – Bieksa
Edger – Tanev
Garrison – Weber
Alberts

Luongo
Lack

Hansen's hustle and always moving suits the Sedins just like Burrows did a couple of years ago.

Schroeder and Santorelli are excellent playmakers who can feed our secondary scorers.

Gaunce earns a spot on the 4th line, but Richarson is also there as an extra back up to the centre position if needed

The three defence pairing are so close skill wise that 1st, 2nd and 3rd pairing is determined by who they are playing that night.

Lack and Erikson are both going to flourish over the coming seasons as Luongo is a far better mentor than Schnieder would have been. I personally always wanted to keep Luongo over Schnieder. Luongo will now be able to set league goalie records in the next couple of years and enter the Hockey Hall of Fame as a Canuck

Do you realize you've lost all credit by putting Kesler on the wing in your lineup? Watch hockey much??

Aqualung

Nov 16, 2007
Sedin Sedin Burrows/Hansen
Higgins Kesler Hansen/Burrows
Booth Schroeder Kassian
Richardson/Santorelli/Dalpe/Weise/Sestito

Edler Garrison
Hamhuis Bieksa
Weber/Stanton Tanev

Ozone

Jan 19, 2013
This mornings PP combos:

Stu Walters‏@StuWalters9801m
#canucks practice: PP units remain the same, 1st -Garrison, Edler, Sedins, Kesler. 2nd- Bieksa, Hamhuis, Higgins, Burrows, Hansen.

sdbullet

Dec 19, 2002
San Diego
Visit site
Here is what I would like to see once Kassian Returns from his suspension:

Sedin Sedin Kassian
Higgins Kesler Hansen
Booth Santorelli/Dalpe Burrows
Richardson Dalpe/Santorelli Weise
Sestito

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
Team 1040 said earlier that Dalpe would start as our #4C on Thursday. As such, I project Richardson will likely be our #3C.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Booth-Richardson-Santorelli
Sestito-Dalpe-Weise

I'm not sure what we'll see on defense, I'm hoping he doesn't try to balance the pairings now that Corrado has been sent down.

Garrison-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Hamhuis-Weber

I have a feeling we'll see something like that, Torts seems to want all defensemen playing their natural side. I'm not sure which pairing would be designated as what, but I imagine Edler will lead in minutes, with Hamhuis and Garrison not far behind.

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Edler Garrison
Hamhuis Bieksa
Weber/Stanton Tanev

This is pretty much a lock, in my opinion. Unless Corrado stuck it was inevitable the top four would be stacked. Weber is a right-side defenseman I believe ... I dunno if he can play the left. I hope to God this Stanton guy is better than Alberts or that bottom pairing could be a freaking disaster all year. I'm not overly confident with any combination of Tanev, Alberts, Weber ... so hopefully Stanton can bring some stability down there. Nothing against Tanev, his partner options just suck.

Outside99*

This is pretty much a lock, in my opinion. Unless Corrado stuck it was inevitable the top four would be stacked. Weber is a right-side defenseman I believe ... I dunno if he can play the left. I hope to God this Stanton guy is better than Alberts or that bottom pairing could be a freaking disaster all year. I'm not overly confident with any combination of Tanev, Alberts, Weber ... so hopefully Stanton can bring some stability down there. Nothing against Tanev, his partner options just suck.

Tanev has the least goals against of any Canucks D during his tenure here. As long as he's on the 3rd pairing, there's nothing to worry about. Its not that he's good of course, he's just lucky. ;)

nuckleheadtoo

May 14, 2011
Fraser Valley
Sedin-Sedin-Kessler
Booth-Santorelli/Shroeder-Kassian(Hansen)
Burrows-Dalpe-Higgins
Wiese-Richardson-Hansen(Sestito)

Tired of watching Henrich getting tossed out of half his faces-offs and our gifted puck possession line chase the puck for the first 30 seconds of their shift.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad