Line Combos: Your Regular Season Starting Line up

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Higgins - Kesler - Hansen
Booth - Richardson - Santorelli
Sestito - Dalpe - Weise

I just don't see Dalpe being the 3C when Torts hasn't seen him play, and especially when he hasn't even played a preseason game with the Canucks yet. I feel like Torts is going to want to go with more reliable players he has seen in the preseason and practice so far. The fourth line will get limited minutes.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
powerplay units: kesler with sedins garry/eagle on the point.

2nd unit: santerolli/higgins/booth. :bieska/hamhuis *not a powerplay guy*

nuckleheadtoo

May 14, 2011
Fraser Valley
Hansen, Higgins and to an extent Burrows are defensively responsible wingers who can be trusted in a top six roll temporarily but can't be used in a primary scoring role if you want you want more scoring than last year.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Hansen, Higgins and to an extent Burrows are defensively responsible wingers who can be trusted in a top six roll temporarily but can't be used in a primary scoring role if you want you want more scoring than last year.

Higgins is better suited as a third liner, but Hansen and Burrows are very good complimentary wingers. Hansen may just be able to take a new/next step in becoming a top six player - I mean, he was one of the better 5v5 scoring wingers in the NHL last season. Burrows does better with the Sedins than anyone on the roster can do, so he's a good complimentary player for them.

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
torts said on team 1040, he doesnt know who the 6th dman will be come opening night. alberts/weber/stanton? maybe an audition for all 3. give them 10 games and see if one is good enough to stick in the lineup on a nightly basis.

Tables of Stats

Nov 1, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Sestito - Dalpe - Weise

I just don't see Dalpe being the 3C when Torts hasn't seen him play, and especially when he hasn't even played a preseason game with the Canucks yet. I feel like Torts is going to want to go with more reliable players he has seen in the preseason and practice so far. The fourth line will get limited minutes.

This looks like a likely setup, with a lot of movement among the bottom six and maybe the second line wingers while Torts finds what he's looking for combo wise.

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
I do not like Hansen with Kesler with Higgins at all. Put him with the Sedins for the time being and have Burrows as the second winger.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
I do not like Hansen with Kesler with Higgins at all. Put him with the Sedins for the time being and have Burrows as the second winger.

Not sure why? Hansen or Burrows seem pretty interchangeable at this point, but at least we know Burrows has chemistry with the twins. This by default leaves Hansen with Kesler.

I don't mind that top6 configuration. The team can play either line with relative security. It's beyond them that things get interesting.

Alflives*

Not sure why? Hansen or Burrows seem pretty interchangeable at this point, but at least we know Burrows has chemistry with the twins. This by default leaves Hansen with Kesler.

I don't mind that top6 configuration. The team can play either line with relative security. It's beyond them that things get interesting.

If you say they are "interchangeable", that's your opinion, but I must differ. They are similar in their puck-retrieval skills, but (beyond that) they are much different players. Burrows has 'soft' hands and 'skill' that Hansen does not have. Hansen is a third line player, who can (for short periods) move up the line-up. Burrows fits nicely on the top line, or the second line (where he should play, in my opinion).

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
If you say they are "interchangeable", that's your opinion, but I must differ. They are similar in their puck-retrieval skills, but (beyond that) they are much different players. Burrows has 'soft' hands and 'skill' that Hansen does not have. Hansen is a third line player, who can (for short periods) move up the line-up. Burrows fits nicely on the top line, or the second line (where he should play, in my opinion).

Yet Hansen produced at a better rate at ES than Burrows last year... You can call him a third liner if you want, but it would be inaccurate.

------

My line-up to start would be:

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Booth-Dalpe-Santorelli
Sestito-Richardson-Weise
*Kassian *Schroeder

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Stanton-Garrison
Alberts-Weber

Luongo-Lack

When Schroeder comes back Alberts is waived.

earl grey

all the best posts
Apr 21, 2013
Seems to me that this team has less depth than last season, I don't see them being a contender this year; probably on the fringe of the playoffs.

Gillis didn't get the job done, didn't make any impact player additions or alterations, added some plugs and changed the coach.

BeardyCanuck03

@BeardyCanuck03
Jun 19, 2006
twitter.com

The reason I would put Hansen with the twins is that we know the twins will still be productive with him on their wing and we want to create a 2nd line, and with the plan to play Kassian with the twins when he comes back why not give Burrows and Kesler more time to gel as a 2nd line unit.

King of the ES*

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Sestito - Dalpe - Weise

Absolutely horrendous bottom-six, especially the third line, which needs to be counted on to at least produce something. Does anybody have any confidence in that 3rd line?! Just awful.

Dalpe's got some intrigue, but so did Oreskovich, so did Pinizzotto, etc. Basically, it's a giant leap of faith giving this guy a spot.

Some very serious disaster potential exists for this team, this year, IMO.

HalfPastDan

Registered Schmoozer
Feb 7, 2010
We need to convert Hansen to a center.

Hank
Kesler
Hansen
Richardson/Santorelli/Dalpe

down the middle would be excellent. We have the excess wingers to supplement this kind of set-up, and it gives us an ideal third line center - excellent 5 on 5, excellent defensively, gritty, point producing. Just get his faceoffs and positioning down - his speed could do the rest.

Fill in the blanks and...

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Higgins - Hansen - Dalpe
Richardson - Santorelli - Weise

Then the next few years see Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce and Jensen taking the place of Booth, Higgins, Dalpe, and Santorelli.

Won't happen, but one can dream.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Seems to me that this team has less depth than last season, I don't see them being a contender this year; probably on the fringe of the playoffs.

Gillis didn't get the job done, didn't make any impact player additions or alterations, added some plugs and changed the coach.

We had Burrows and Raymond playing center at times last year due to the lack of C depth. This year there shouldn't be anyone playing out of position. The new acquisitions are all versatile and can play multiple positions (3 in the case of Richardson and Santorelli).

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity

no cap space say hi plus there was no UFA worth going after unless you want to overpaid

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
3C will not be filled with any sort of long-term solution this year. MG wants that spot for Horvat next year. It is basically a given, unless he seriously regresses with London this year.

In the mean time, we will likely have to make due with a platoon of Dalpe, Santorelli, Schroeder and Richardson. I could feasibly see MG go after a short-term veteran option for the spot around the deadline if it looks like we have a real shot at the Cup. However, as getting to that echelon requires a legitimate 3C to begin with, I doubt he will need to worry about it.

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
my lineup would look like:

d sedin l h sedin l hansen
higgins l kesler l burrows
booth l dalpe l santorelli
sestito l richardson l weise
(s) kassian l (i) schroeder

hamhuis l garrison
edler l tanev
stanton l bieksa
alberts l weber

luongo l lack

i would ride a hamhuis-garrison pairing into the top 3-4 minutes played pairings league-wide, waive alberts when schroeder returns and install schroeder as 3c, and bench either santorelli or sestito for kassian depending on the opponent

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
How much production could you expect from Higgy-Kesler-Hansen over a full season? I don't think much, thats one of the weaker 2nd lines on paper.

Depends on who they go up against, really. If they - and not Trois Kronor - play head-to-head vs. top lines then 50 to 60 points for Kesler isn't out of the question, and maybe 40 to 50 for Higgins and Hansen.

King of the ES*

We had Burrows and Raymond playing center at times last year due to the lack of C depth. This year there shouldn't be anyone playing out of position. The new acquisitions are all versatile and can play multiple positions (3 in the case of Richardson and Santorelli).

"Can" is not the same as "can do it at a high level".

Richardson played in only 16 games with the Kings last year, Santorelli only 10 with the Jets. Not sure how anybody can be remotely excited about the way that our bottom-six looks. Hell, anything but the top line, really, IMO.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
Going to have to rotate third line center until one is solid......I pretty sure Hawks did not have a solid second line center until trade deadline...they were using Sharp and Bolland

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad