Garrison – Weber
Alberts

Luongo
Lack

Diamonddog01

Diamond in the rough
Jul 18, 2007
Vancouver
Yet Hansen produced at a better rate at ES than Burrows last year... You can call him a third liner if you want, but it would be inaccurate.

------

My line-up to start would be:

D.Sedin-H.Sedin-Burrows
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Booth-Dalpe-Santorelli
Sestito-Richardson-Weise
*Kassian *Schroeder

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Tanev
Stanton-Garrison
Alberts-Weber

Luongo-Lack

When Schroeder comes back Alberts is waived.

And your lineup when Kassian and Schroeder return?

I foresee something along the lines of

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows (while Kassian may get a stint hard to pass on this)
Higgins - Kesler - Hansen
Booth - Schroeder - Kassian (Booth and Schroeder have had some chemistry)
Richardson - Santorelli - Weise
Sestito / Dalpe

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Tanev
Stanton - Garrison
Weber

Lundface*

With injuries/suspensions our lineup will soon look something like this:

Higgins Sedin Burrows
Santorelli Dalpe Hansen
Jensen Richardson Weise
Sesitito Hamill Welsh

Hamhuis Tanev
Garrison Weber
Stanton Alberts

Luongo
Eriksson

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011
Not sure why? Hansen or Burrows seem pretty interchangeable at this point, but at least we know Burrows has chemistry with the twins. This by default leaves Hansen with Kesler.

I don't mind that top6 configuration. The team can play either line with relative security. It's beyond them that things get interesting.
I just do not like what I've seen with Hansen with Kesler. Hansen can play very well with the Sedins with his puck retrieval skills and tenacity but with Kesler? I just haven't seen that chemistry.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
I just do not like what I've seen with Hansen with Kesler. Hansen can play very well with the Sedins with his puck retrieval skills and tenacity but with Kesler? I just haven't seen that chemistry.

I actually think the opposite, that Hansen does better with Kesler than with the Twins chemistry-wise. But that's just me. Not to mention Jank's passing abilities are a good fit alongside Kes too though.

Jumex

Dec 17, 2009
Salisbury, UK
their answer was micheal handzus

I remember the TD last year, many thought handzus was washed up. Even some Hawks fans were mad we got Roy for a 2nd+.

In terms of rentals, Handzus worked out better. Not sold on him being a 2nd line centre this season though.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I remember the TD last year, many thought handzus was washed up. Even some Hawks fans were mad we got Roy for a 2nd+.

In terms of rentals, Handzus worked out better. Not sold on him being a 2nd line centre this season though.

quite effective in playoff unlike Roy. If we had gotten Handzus instead of Roy....people would complaining we give too much for old slow center......

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
I'll revise my earlier post with:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Horvat-Hodgson-Booth
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Richardson-Lapierre-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Ehrhoff
Stanton-Tanev

Louballs.
Lack.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
I'll revise my earlier post with:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Horvat-Hodgson-Booth
Higgins-Kesler-Hansen
Richardson-Lapierre-Weise

Hamhuis-Bieksa
Edler-Ehrhoff
Stanton-Tanev

Louballs.
Lack.

If Mr. Michael D Gillis gave the term to some players (like Torres extra 1 year), maybe we could've had this team. Sometimes you have to let the players get what they want to remain competitive.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Hodgson - Kadri
Torres - Lappiere - Weise

Edler - Ehrhoff
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Stanton - Tanev

Schneider
Lack

Luongo traded for Kadri, Bozak and 2nd (Bozak signs elsewhere in 2013/2014)

But that's why fans can use hindsight

Lundface*

If Mr. Michael D Gillis gave the term to some players (like Torres extra 1 year), maybe we could've had this team. Sometimes you have to let the players get what they want to remain competitive.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Booth - Hodgson - Kadri
Torres - Lappiere - Weise

Edler - Ehrhoff
Hamhuis - Bieksa
Stanton - Tanev

Schneider
Lack

Luongo traded for Kadri, Bozak and 2nd (Bozak signs elsewhere in 2013/2014)

But that's why fans can use hindsight
Hodgson makes 4.25, Kadri makes 2.9, Ehrhoff was going to make over 5 million, Torres makes 2 million. Not sure where you're going to come up with all the cash for this lineup, all you did was save Luongo's 1.3 million extra compared to Schneider.

The team as it is needs Kassian and Booth to produce desperately. It simply hasn't happened as of yet. Acquiring these guys with size so far has backfired, we'll see if they can turn it around.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
Hodgson makes 4.25, Kadri makes 2.9, Ehrhoff was going to make over 5 million, Torres makes 2 million. Not sure where you're going to come up with all the cash for this lineup, all you did was save Luongo's 1.3 million extra compared to Schneider.

The team as it is needs Kassian and Booth to produce desperately. It simply hasn't happened as of yet. Acquiring these guys with size so far has backfired, we'll see if they can turn it around.

That's what they get paid in their respective teams.

Ehrhoff takes Garrison's contract with an extra 400k at 5 million
Hodgson takes a 1 year deal at 3 million
Kadri takes a 1 year deal at 2 million
Torres takes the 1.5 million at 3 years before the contract raise

I would not have signed Higgins to 2.5, but maybe he scores a goal tonight)

Then in 2014/2015, you'll really have a youth movement

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Shinkaruk - Hodgson - Kadri
Torres - Kesler - Hansen
Archibald - Mallet - Weise

No Horvat, but you keep Schnieder without trading him.
Pull the trigger on the Kadri deal 1 year ago.

Imagine Hodgson flanked by skilled snipers. That would be a top line in a year.

Lundface*

That's what they get paid in their respective teams.

Ehrhoff takes Garrison's contract with an extra 400k at 5 million
Hodgson takes a 1 year deal at 3 million
Kadri takes a 1 year deal at 2 million
Torres takes the 1.5 million at 3 years before the contract raise

I would not have signed Higgins to 2.5, but maybe he scores a goal tonight)

Then in 2014/2015, you'll really have a youth movement

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows
Shinkaruk - Hodgson - Kadri
Torres - Kesler - Hansen
Archibald - Mallet - Weise

No Horvat, but you keep Schnieder without trading him.
Pull the trigger on the Kadri deal 1 year ago.

Imagine Hodgson flanked by skilled snipers. That would be a top line in a year.
If you sign Ehrhoff to a higher contract (he wanted more than 5 apparently) then its very unlikely Edler signs his current deal.

Good luck getting the biggest ego on the team to play 3rd line, behind another egomaniac haha

A full year mopping up behind the twins and you think Hodgson and Kadri wouldn't get serious pay raises on the deal you gave them?

-All of this is fun in practice, but you can't come even close to predicting any of those contracts. I would have re-signed Ehrhoff (even at the time) and let Bieksa go. The Garrison signing IMO is a very good one.
- It also seems as though trading Hodgson was required since he wasn't reportedly happy with his role here. Didn't like the return we got then and I personally would have tried to package him with Schneider instead for something better.
- Then again I would have died trying to keep Schneider and we have no idea how trade talks with Roberto really were.

fancouver

Jan 15, 2009
Vancouver
If you sign Ehrhoff to a higher contract (he wanted more than 5 apparently) then its very unlikely Edler signs his current deal.

Good luck getting the biggest ego on the team to play 3rd line, behind another egomaniac haha

A full year mopping up behind the twins and you think Hodgson and Kadri wouldn't get serious pay raises on the deal you gave them?

-All of this is fun in practice, but you can't come even close to predicting any of those contracts. I would have re-signed Ehrhoff (even at the time) and let Bieksa go. The Garrison signing IMO is a very good one.
- It also seems as though trading Hodgson was required since he wasn't reportedly happy with his role here. Didn't like the return we got then and I personally would have tried to package him with Schneider instead for something better.
- Then again I would have died trying to keep Schneider and we have no idea how trade talks with Roberto really were.

I think Kesler being egomaniac is being overblown. At the end of the day, he wants to win and if that's what gives the team a chance to win, I don't think he'd complain.

As far as Ehrhoff getting $5 mill, Edler may have signed for 5.1 more than Ehrhoff similar to Bieksa signing 4.6 over Hamhuis 4.5.

It's a really strong roster though.

Squall

Mar 22, 2013
I always liked the idea of having pairs in the forward group (with the 3rd man as complementary), but it never seems to stick on this team.

Sedin-Sedin- X
X - Kesler-Burrows
Higgins- X -Hansen

Fill in the X's and adjust accordingly to injuries while trying to maintain those pairs to develop chemistry but also so you can rely on 3 lines rather than 2.

canuck4life16

It what it is-mccann
May 29, 2008
Vancity
I always liked the idea of having pairs in the forward group (with the 3rd man as complementary), but it never seems to stick on this team.

Sedin-Sedin- X
X - Kesler-Burrows
Higgins- X -Hansen

Fill in the X's and adjust accordingly to injuries while trying to maintain those pairs to develop chemistry but also so you can rely on 3 lines rather than 2.

have to fill those line with

kassasin
Schroeder
Booth
Dalpe

plus some new player if possible

Squall

Mar 22, 2013
have to fill those line with

kassasin
Schroeder
Booth
Dalpe

plus some new player if possible

Yeah, Which isn't bad if you consider the first three you listed. But with injuries, that's when I'd like to see rookies like Shinkaruk take those empty (X) spots.

HalfPastDan

Registered Schmoozer
Feb 7, 2010
In honour of our glorious summer acquisitions: :naughty:

Sedin Sedin Burr
Richardson Kesler Santeria
Higgins Schroeder Hansen
Booth Dalpe Kassian

Edler Garrison
Ham Juice
Stanton Tanev

Or not... But they've both been clutch and better than the hot garbage we've seen in top 6 so far. Won't last, but I wouldn't mind seeing them rewarded with top six minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad