Equipment: Your recent purchases

I Am Score*

Stopped by Pro Hockey Life today. It's amazing how many Bauer X:50's they still have left.

Picked one up. $135 after sales tax, which isn't that bad in my opinion. The one I purchased was a 77 flex senior. Next pay check I definitely think I'll buy a 67 flex X:50. Great sticks.

img0026kk.jpg

Very cool

Congrats

robmneilson

Aug 27, 2009
www.robmneilson.com
I just got one of those rocket sport equipment dryer trees....and I'm very happy. Works great, though I'm sure I could build one myself with a bit of elbow grease, but I'm lazy.

Also picked up a Mako M5 off ebay for very very cheap, and it's a very nice stick. I was concerned about it being the "lower end" Mako but feels nice compared to the RBK sickick iii that I use.

RJK

Feb 25, 2010
NC
just got a visor from a site called tron hockey. doesn't fog and is scratch resistant. with a promo code it was like 15 bucks and works great. no need to drop 50+ on a oakley or bauer visor.

Lonny Bohonos

Apr 4, 2010
Middle East
Thanks man helps alot haha

Yeah they look like a solid company. I've had issues with Total Hockey employees as major douches and have no idea what they're talking about sometimes.

If you're right they are a keeper.

The customer service is great from HM as far as my experiences.

They call me to my middle east mobile number when theres issue and are always helpful to resolve them.

Issues Ive had is something out of stock and some items they dont ship to the middle east. Nothing major and nothing their fault.

Hank4Hart

Apr 10, 2007
Pads are 34+2.

Glove is the 997, the blocker is a Matrix. Glove feels just awesome and has a new lining in it to help prevent slippage.

Matrix blocker is lighter and great for paddle down.

nice buy. good call on the blocker too

neksys

Jun 24, 2009
Just a heads up that some (all?) Sports Mart locations in Canada are closing as of March 31. They have everything in the store at 40% off the last ticketed price.

Today I picked up (rough prices):

- Stick - Easton EQ30 w/ Hall curve for $25 (orig. $100)
- Gloves - Sherwood T90 Pros for $50
- Helmet - Bauer 7500 w/ cage for $75
- Visor - Bauer X100 for $50
- Bag - Easton EQ40 for $30

Plus some odds and ends (tape, new jock shorts, a few pucks, etc).

Sport Mart doesn't carry much high end stuff, but the stuff I picked up fits squarely in the intermediate range - for damn near half off (or more in some cases)

neksys

Jun 24, 2009
All Sport Mart. That banner is done.

Sport Chek is a Canadian Tire property, right?

I guess they want streamline, let the CT carry the low- to mid- level equipment, and higher end stuff at Sport Chek?

izzy3

Dec 3, 2009
Since my Easton 85S glove friggin died on me in less than 2 months (I got a huge hole in the palm of my top hand), I went for some shopping again.

Found this deal on those Warrior Bonafide X SE gloves, and bought one in the Endmonton colors, cause it matches good with our team's uniform. Also got the Tampa Bay away socks from Reebok, and the 9K padded shirt for my summer roller league.

Yay, I am addicted. :D

MJAYK

Jan 19, 2010
Dances with the wolves
Yesterday i ordered:

CCM U+ Crazy Light 13" gloves black.

Easton Stealth S19 Chest protector.

Oakley Pro Cut visor.

Can't wait to see if there's a difference between my Bauer One75 chest protector and the Easton. I hate the One75 because of the lower straps.

I think the Oakley visor will be a good upgrade from my CCM visor, which seems to have some distortion.

Clemmer

Feb 6, 2013
Ontario
Last weekend I picked up a pair of Easton EQ4 skates to replace my beloved old Bauer Supreme 1000's. I bought the Supremes back in 1988 when they were the "king of the hill" so to speak. Funny part is I was able to get the Eastons on clearance and paid less for them than I did the Supremes back in '88.

Attachments

• hseq4.jpg
    hseq4.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 7

OpenIceHit42

May 27, 2011
STL
Last week I purchased two Bauer Supreme ONE60 sticks, supposed to arrive Wednesday (I'm hoping, I have one stick left that's pretty nicked up and a game tomorrow night).

macgyverthatshiz

Apr 3, 2010
North Carolina
-Warrior Bonafide gloves

-Phoenix Coyote pro stock pants for $40.00. The padding is ridiculous, so I took the top half off and just use the bottom half for shells over my girdle. I didn't buy them for the protection, I bought them because they are badass looking!

-Used white Bauer 4500 lid to alternate between my black 4500.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Got my E600 helmet in. Very nice, very light weight, not QUITE as light as E700 but maybe halfway between the E700 and most other helmets. Had to find some new nylon straps because the old cage straps were too short. The fit is incredible, I think the best helmet fitting system I've seen yet. Tech from Giro bike helmets, you can adjust them front to back for a more snug fit, then occipital adjustment...very nice.

adaminnj

Leafs out = SPRING!
Feb 6, 2009
NJ
custom made Sher-Wood T-100 34" + 4" pads, Glove, and Blocker pro spec. all white with the undercover graphic. SWEET!

TUCKER 06

May 22, 2012
Bauer Vapor X4.0 skates. Things of beauty.

I had these. Traded up to one.9s very shortly after.

I recently purchased a CCM U+CL 65 flex crazy ovi as a replacement for my CCM U+10 65 Flex Crazy Ovi.

The U+10 was such a deadly stick and scored me a TON of goals, I can't wait to use the U+CL in a game.

Canadian Chris

Feb 28, 2002
Nanaimo, BC
Visit site
Bought the 9k pants....a very different cut and feel compared to my old Takla 951's....They're sleeker, but feel as though there's a ton more padding. Very comfortable overall, can't wait for them to break in a bit! and at $80 I figured I couldn't go wrong haha

9k_pants__jpg_800x680_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

The Devil In I

Jun 28, 2005
Chicago
Bought a Dynasty shaft on clearance at hockeymonkey. Figured I'd give the 75 flex rating a try...I'm 6' and a pretty muscular 185 lbs, so I'm hoping I don't snap the stick in my first game. I mean I figured NHLers use really whippy sticks, and they sure as **** put more into their shots than I do so...

bojaffa

Feb 23, 2013
New Jersey
Picked up a Sherwood T90 at my LHS for $88.00 plus tax..That's a great price and they threw in a roll of tape.I really like the feel of the stick and can't wait to try it out.Stasny pattern.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
Bought a Dynasty shaft on clearance at hockeymonkey. Figured I'd give the 75 flex rating a try...I'm 6' and a pretty muscular 185 lbs, so I'm hoping I don't snap the stick in my first game. I mean I figured NHLers use really whippy sticks, and they sure as **** put more into their shots than I do so...

im 5'11 190 and i switched to the 75 flex earlier this season and it has been awesome for me, i could always shoot but now it has this extra feel and velocity on it. i realize all flexes effect people different but i guaratee you wont snap it. the first few shots will feel flimsy though, its not the stick just you needing to adjust your shot a bit.

AIREAYE

Jun 7, 2009
Bought the 9k pants....a very different cut and feel compared to my old Takla 951's....They're sleeker, but feel as though there's a ton more padding. Very comfortable overall, can't wait for them to break in a bit! and at $80 I figured I couldn't go wrong haha

9k_pants__jpg_800x680_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

Great deal, the zipper feature is really nice as well. May I ask where you got them?

Haha, extremely common misconception. A whippier stick is going to load more if you put the same amount of force into it. If I gave you two twigs and one was wet and soggy (like a whippy stick) while the other was dry (stiff) and ask you to apply the same amount of force in bending them, which will snap first?

Probably not the best analogy, but that's all I could think of right now lol

If anything, you are more likely going to break a stiffer stick than a whippier one (I'm not talking extremes like 100 flex vs 40 flex of course)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad