Your (Projected) '17-'18 Lineup

kacz

Jul 1, 2003
www.youtube.com
Not a line-up, but a few predictions:

• Vegas selects Brossoit in the expansion draft.
  • Russell returns to the Oilers in light of his end of season comments + Sekera injury. Need some familiarity back there.
  • Nugent-Hopkins will get traded before Eberle.
  • Puljujarvi will not be in the Oilers opening day line-up.
  • Nurse will be used as a chip to bring in something significant via trade.
  • Nick Ellis is the Oilers back-up on opening night.
  • Oilers will add a big name RW'er to play with McDavid.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
Not a line-up, but a few predictions:

• Vegas selects Brossoit in the expansion draft.
  • Russell returns to the Oilers in light of his end of season comments + Sekera injury. Need some familiarity back there.
  • Nugent-Hopkins will get traded before Eberle.
  • Puljujarvi will not be in the Oilers opening day line-up.
  • Nurse will be used as a chip to bring in something significant via trade.
  • Nick Ellis is the Oilers back-up on opening night.
  • Oilers will add a big name RW'er to play with McDavid.

Disagree with the bolded. ;)

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
When did we see the Nurse Larsson pairing during season? Was it when Russell got hurt? My memory says yes?

Mid season Klef/Larsson had a rough stretch and got split up. Russell was injured and Nurse played with Larsson and Klefbom with Benning IIRC

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
RNH - McDavid - Maroon
Lucic - Drasailt - Williams
Caggiula - Lestestu - Kassian
Slepyshev - Thompson - Pitlick

Nurse - Larsson
Klefbom - Benning
Russel - Pulock
Gryba/Reinhart

Eberle for Pulock and Grabovski
Sign Justin Williams for 2 years 4 Millions per
Sign Nate Thompson for 2 year 1.75 Millions per
Resign Kris Russel for 1 year 3 Millions

:handclap:

Last edited:

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
RNH - McDavid - Maroon
Lucic - Drasailt - Williams
Caggiula - Lestestu - Kassian
Slepyshev - Thompson - Pitlick

Nurse - Larsson
Klefbom - Benning
Russel - Pulock
Gryba/Reinhart

Eberle for Pulock and Grabovski
Sign Justin Williams for 2 years 4 Millions per
Sign Nate Thompson for 2 year 1.75 Millions per
Resign Kris Russel for 1 year 3 Millions

:handclap:

I like it a lot, except why is Thompson playing over Grabovski? Grabo might be the type of guy who could come in and redeem himself in the 3C role. Letestu is a 4th liner, a good one, but only a 4th liner.

LMFAO

May 20, 2010
I like it a lot, except why is Thompson playing over Grabovski? Grabo might be the type of guy who could come in and redeem himself in the 3C role. Letestu is a 4th liner, a good one, but only a 4th liner.

Grabo has one year left on his contract and he is pretty much retired at this point, he would be LTIL all year. I threw him into the deal to balance the salaries a bit

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton

Grabovski is effectively retired is he not? Due to some severe post concussion issues. Pretty sure he's been exempted from the expansion draft because of it.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I think we should honestly give a shot to Broissot as a defenseman if not goeler. He's that good that could do that until ready to start.

Red-Forman-Gets-High-In-The-Circle-That-70s-Show.gif

hong57

Nov 9, 2008
Hong Kong
hi.. congrats to the oilers playoff run this year!
just wondering it seems half of you don't slot pitlick into the lineup next year... is he ready? realistically will he get a slot? he seems quite good before the injury

thanks for your info

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
hi.. congrats to the oilers playoff run this year!
just wondering it seems half of you don't slot pitlick into the lineup next year... is he ready? realistically will he get a slot? he seems quite good before the injury

thanks for your info

Pitlick's a really good player, but injury prone. If he is resigned (I would resign him), then he should be in the opening day lineup. But we don't know if he'll be resigned.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
Pitlick's a really good player, but injury prone. If he is resigned (I would resign him), then he should be in the opening day lineup. But we don't know if he'll be resigned.

He's a UFA so it's going to have to be mutual. I wouldn't be surprised to see him head home to Minny. They will need cheap depth forwards because of their cap situation and average prospect base.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Cagguila McDavid Radulov

Lucic Draisaitl Puljujarvi

Maroon RNH Kassian

Pouliot Letestu Pitlick

Kharia Pakarinen

Klefbom Larsson

Russell Brodin

Nurse Benning
Oesterle Sekera*

Talbot
Brossoit

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Line 1: Maroon - McDavid - Pitlick

Line 2: Lucic - RNH - Slepyshev

Line 3: Cagguila - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi

Line 4: Khaira - Letestu - Kassian

D1: Klefbom - Larsson

D2: Sekera - Hamonic

D3: Nurse - Benning

G1: Talbot

G2: Brossoit

Extra's: 7th D Reinhart/Gryba, 13th Forward = Paka.

This would be a trade of Eberle and our third this year for Harmonic and our second round pick from next years draft for Vegas to take Pouliot.

This would just barely give Chiarelli enough room to work with McDavids and Leons contracts moving forward, even if they sign extremely generously. Ideally we sign one more center/winger to push some guys down the line-up/provide flexibility. Someone willing to take a one year term because once McDavids contract kicks in we are in cap hell.

EDIT: I think a lot of people are thinking only in terms of cap space for next year without thinking about 2 years out how trading away Eberle and bringing in someone like Kov would put us in a impossible position.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Line 1: Maroon - McDavid - Pitlick

Line 2: Lucic - RNH - Slepyshev

Line 3: Cagguila - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi

Line 4: Khaira - Letestu - Kassian

D1: Klefbom - Larsson

D2: Sekera - Hamonic

D3: Nurse - Benning

G1: Talbot

G2: Brossoit

Extra's: 7th D Reinhart/Gryba, 13th Forward = Paka.

This would be a trade of Eberle and our third this year for Harmonic and our second round pick from next years draft for Vegas to take Pouliot.

This would just barely give Chiarelli enough room to work with McDavids and Leons contracts moving forward, even if they sign extremely generously. Ideally we sign one more center/winger to push some guys down the line-up/provide flexibility. Someone willing to take a one year term because once McDavids contract kicks in we are in cap hell.

EDIT: I think a lot of people are thinking only in terms of cap space for next year without thinking about 2 years out how trading away Eberle and bringing in someone like Kov would put us in a impossible position.

Pitlick on the top line? Slepyshev on the 2nd line? Huh? That forward group is awful.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Pitlick on the top line? Slepyshev on the 2nd line? Huh? That forward group is awful.

Get used to it. Once we have McD and Leon signed even those guys will be hard to fit under the cap. That line up is around 77 mill not this year coming up but the following one when McD contract kicks in. We just have to pray that the cap goes up by at least that much.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Get used to it. Once we have McD and Leon signed even those guys will be hard to fit under the cap. That line up is around 77 mill not this year coming up but the following one when McD contract kicks in. We just have to pray that the cap goes up by at least that much.

77 mill as a cap in 2018-19 is pretty realistic. The NHLPA is voting on applying the escalator this season. That should pass which means a $75M cap this season.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Opening night? My guesses

Maroon McDavid Vanek
Lucic Draisaitl Strome
Caggiula RNH Puljujarvi
Slepyshev Letestu Kassian
Pitlick

Klefbom Larsson
Russell Benning
Beaucheman Nurse

Sekera (IR)

Talbot
Halak

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Maroon-McDavid-Caggiula
Lucic-Draisaitl-Slepyshev
Pouliot-RNH-Kassian
Khaira-Letestu-Pitlick
Foo/Pulju

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Barrie
Nurse-Benning
Oesterle

Talbot
Brossoit

Stud Muffin

Jan 2, 2014
Manitoba
Maroon-McDavid-???
Lucic-RNH-Draisaitl
Caggiula-Hanzal-Slepyshev
Khaira-Letestu-Kassian

Klefbom-Larsson
Sekera-Hamonic
Nurse-Benning

Talbot
Brossoit

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
IMHO Nuge is on this team for several more years.
GO ask the Habs what the market is for top 2 Centers (Not a single one available for good reason).
Notice how not a single 2C was exposed to Vegas?

IMHO Nuge will be a pivotal part of any longterm success this team has.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
IMHO Nuge is on this team for several more years.
GO ask the Habs what the market is for top 2 Centers (Not a single one available for good reason).
Notice how not a single 2C was exposed to Vegas?

IMHO Nuge will be a pivotal part of any longterm success this team has.

I agree that Nuge will stick around, but I don't think he's the Oilers 2C anymore. Drai should be the 2C going forward.

McTedi

Jul 16, 2008
Edmonton
I agree that Nuge will stick around, but I don't think he's the Oilers 2C anymore. Drai should be the 2C going forward.
Drai and McD are so good together though. They were downright dominant in a lot of games this year going up against the other teams top lines.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Drai and McD are so good together though. They were downright dominant in a lot of games this year going up against the other teams top lines.

2Cs are more valuable than 1RWs. Best interest of the team to find McDavid a new dance partner and play Drai in the more valuable role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad