Votes: 48 16.3%

Votes: 35 11.9%

Votes: 43 14.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
Well first off, and obviously, you can't win the cup if you don't make the playoffs. Also the way the NHL is going the big bruising teams are not the ones winning the cups. Look at Vegas, I mean clearly they fell short, but they were the team not built for the playoffs. I don't think Chia's formula for winning a cup is up to date at all.

i'm not talking about big bruisers, i'm talking about guys with jam and consistency that can play the harder game that the playoffs are.

why was vegas not built for the playoffs? they had a lot of speed, guys who compete hard. good depth as far as skill (not highend skill but somewhat deep). they had good team chemistry with guys who bought in to a team game.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
The correlation of regular season win success to playoff success is not much: Can the Regular Season Predict the Playoffs?

"After a lengthy analysis, we get another result saying the regular season has minimal bearing on which teams go far in the postseason. The good news in all this? It means the Stanley Cup playoffs remain as unpredictable as ever."

I'm curious to know why it is that, if regular season results don't matter, 6 out of the last 10 Cup winners have been top 3 seeds?

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
I just changed my vote from a 3 to a 2. I can't believe that with cap room this tight, and Nurse's contract up in the air, that cap space would just be thrown away on buying Gryba out, even if it's not for that much. Every bit counts in the oilers' situation, and it's completely 'ludacris' to do anything other than conserve cap space, imo.

Aug 10, 2015
Nope, in the eyes of every one. It was a terrible trade.

If this thread and poll have proven nothing else to you, it should have proven you do not speak for "every one". I believe it was the right trade to make at the time, and while it clearly has not worked out in the favour of the Oilers, I still firmly believe that at the time (before Sekera had signed, before Nurse had made the team, before we knew who would be playing D in 2015-2016) that defense was a need.....Chia was trying to address that need with this trade.

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
If this thread and poll have proven nothing else to you, it should have proven you do not speak for "every one". I believe it was the right trade to make at the time, and while it clearly has not worked out in the favour of the Oilers, I still firmly believe that at the time (before Sekera had signed, before Nurse had made the team, before we knew who would be playing D in 2015-2016) that defense was a need.....Chia was trying to address that need with this trade.

lol, ok, sure, I shouldn't have said every one. Let me rephrase that, "in the eyes of 99% of people in hockey it was a terrible trade".

It was, a few folks on the oilers board like it still...... the rest of hockey admits it was a bad trade.

Also, really this poll has proven me wrong???? Seems like most are pretty distasteful of Chia.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
This thread is past 1K replies, time for a new one.

It would be fairly interesting I suppose to find a mean response to this poll and record it. If the next Chia thread has the same poll, we could see if public opinion (on HFOil) is rising or falling.

Anyways, closed. Someone start the next one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad