Your offseason moves

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
ED Draft: Seattle will follow Vegas' blueprint of taking guys on reasonable contracts who are valuable enough to get flipped at any time and provide optimal future cap room maneuverability to sign and trade for high end players like Stone, Alex Pietrangelo and Martinez. I can see them taking Braun over our high priced forwards. Secondarily, perhaps Ghost as a reclamation project for Hakstol and PP QB.

Trade: I tend to prefer to see how things play out with our youth and overvalue keeping our own guys, particularly those we drafted. Don't like many-for-one trades unless the "many" come our way. To mix things up in hopes of a win win trade: SJ: Voracek, Patrick, Ghost and a low A/high B prospect; PHI: Burns, Hertl and Labanc , SJ retains some of Burns' salary and swap 1st round picks in 2021. I don't get the sense SJ isn't happy with any of the three guys that would go to the Flyers and a fan poll identified Patrick as a top trade candidate for the team. The Flyers get a big, RH D and a big, fast pivot and a fast scrappy W. I think SJ does that trade. The question is, do the Flyers?

FA signings: We need size. Sanhiem gets manhandled as does Ghost. Meyers is not physical enough yet. Would like to see mid-level guys come in. Depending on how trades and the ED impact The Flyers, defensemen like Larssson, Savard and Oleksiak fit the dynamic. Suter for sure if we can get him. Cringeworthy, but a guy the Flyers hate to play against and do not have an answer for is Ristolainen. For forwards, multidimensional guys like Coleman, Foligno and maybe Palmieri. As for goalie: I really liked what Khudobin did in the bubble playoffs. He's old enough to mentor but not threaten Hart.

I'd be happy and enthused about the upcoming season with some or all of these moves including sticking with what we have and adding a few complimentary, non-crippling FA signings to help our youth turn the corner.
As a Sharks fan..... I think not

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012

tenor.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad