Your offseason moves

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Lots of chatter about what the Flyers shouldn't do. So this is your moment to see what they should do.

We did this is the roster thread but it didn't get a lot of coverage. The rules are simple

You must lose a player in the ED
You must make at least one trade
You must make at least two FA signings

The trades and FA signings must be realistic

Player to lose in ED - JVR

Flyers trade -
Konecny , 13th overall + Bobby Brink
Blues - Parayko

Flyers -
2022 2nd round 2022 3rd round
Dallas - Denis Gurianov

Flyers -
Jake Voracek, Ghost
Cgy - Sean Monahan, 3rd 2022

Flyers -
Braun
Anyone - 3rd round pick

Flyers sign
Tukka Rask 1 year 1 mil
Flyers sign Zendeno Chara 1 year 1 mil
Flyers sign Adam Larsson 3 years 3.5 mil

Giroux - Couturier - Gurianov
Farabee - Monahan - Allison
Frost - Hayes - Lindblom
Laughton - Patrick - NAK

Provorov - Parayko
Sanheim - Myers
York/Zamula - Larsson
Chara

Hart
Rask

Reasonings
I went full EA NHL 21

Just something a bit more light hearted while we watch Tampa steam roll another cup. What have others got.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I feel like these aren’t realistic. Especially the signings. No chance in hell Tuuka is taking 1 million. He probably won’t be back into game shape until the new year I thought I saw anyway. Larsson is getting more than 3.5. If that was his price he would have been locked up already by the Oilers.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I cleanse the organization of Scott, Clarke, Barber, Holmgren, Flutcher, Flahr, Hanrahan, Lombardi, Lappy, and anyone related to those people. Then we can begin doing work, which starts with the acquisition of McDavid.

He said realistic.

Also we are crashing the Coors Party Train into MSG to steal Fox in a hostile trade.

This seems more plausible.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Lose in Expansion Draft: James Van Riemsdyk

Trade: Travis Konecny, Travis Sanheim, and 2021 13th overall to Buffalo for Jack Eichel

Free Agents: Riley Sheahan for $750k, Alec Martinez for $4 mil, Jonathan Bernier for $3.25 mil

Housekeeping: Hart re-signed for $2.75, Nolan Patrick for $1 mil

Cap space: $2.9 mil

Giroux - Eichel - Voracek
Farabee - Couturier - Allison
Laughton - Hayes - Lindblom
Sheahan - Patrick - Aube-Kubel
Laczynski

Provorov - Gostisbehere
Martinez - Myers
York - Braun
Hagg

Hart
Bernier

*This is all just a ploy to pencil in Jack Eichel

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Take over a northbound amtrak train from 30th street station and put a bomb on it.

That'd probably do it.
this guy would show up

P6uLm.gif

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
My pipe dream is a 3 team trade with Seattle. We give them a pick, the Lightning give them a pick and Tyler Johnson, we get Cernak, and give a late round pick to TB

I'm terrible at valuing other teams' assets in trade scenarios but for Seattle to bite Johnson's contract despite a loaded TB expansion pool it'd have to have a couple top half of the draft picks

To Philly: Cernak
To TB: Seattle 4th, Phi 6th
To Seattle: TB 1st, Phi 3rd, Tyler Johnson

Last edited:
Reactions: Beef Invictus

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
My pipe dream is a 3 team trade with Seattle. We give them a pick, the Lightning give them a pick and Tyler Johnson, we get Cernak, and give a late round pick to TB

I'm terrible at valuing other teams' assets in trade scenarios but for Seattle to bite Johnson's contract despite a loaded TB expansion pool it'd have to have a couple top half of the draft picks

Cernak is the prototype of what a defense-first defenseman should be in the modern NHL. I wanted the Flyers to offer-sheet him. Dude’s a NZ defense monster….and his in-zone D is excellent: tight gaps, stick positioning exactly where it needs to be to be as disruptive as possible, he’s a cycle breaker, & a 50/50 battle beast.

He’s one of my favorite defenseman in the league…even with his meh transition ability. I’d like one Cernak please and thank you.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Cernak is the prototype of what a defense-first defenseman should be in the modern NHL. I wanted the Flyers to offer-sheet him. Dude’s a NZ defense monster….and his in-zone D is excellent: tight gaps, stick positioning exactly where it needs to be to be as disruptive as possible, he’s a cycle breaker, & a 50/50 battle beast.

He’s one of my favorite defenseman in the league…even with his meh transition ability. I’d like one Cernak please and thank you.
He was on the Plats radar.

Edit: for clarity, he was sniped from me

Last edited:

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Tampa should protect Cernak. If Seattle does take Cernak over a collection of assets, it's because they value him greatly. If Tampa trades assets to Seattle to select Johnson, while protecting McDonagh, Cernak will remain with Tampa. He's dirt cheap for 2 more seasons and adds a lot of value.

I don't think there's any path to the Flyers getting Cernak. And definitely not for a 3rd+6th. Tampa would need a gross overpay, but if cost for a top 4 defender is most important, I'm not sure even a realistic overpay exists.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Tampa should protect Cernak. If Seattle does take Cernak over a collection of assets, it's because they value him greatly. If Tampa trades assets to Seattle to select Johnson, while protecting McDonagh, Cernak will remain with Tampa. He's dirt cheap for 2 more seasons and adds a lot of value.

I don't think there's any path to the Flyers getting Cernak. And definitely not for a 3rd+6th. Tampa would need a gross overpay, but if cost for a top 4 defender is most important, I'm not sure even a realistic overpay exists.
Hey man, I said both it was a pipe dream and I suck at this lol

I agree Tampa should protect him but maybe getting rid of Johnson sways them. Especially with their nasty cap issues.

But I know it isn't happening. Thought it was a little more interesting than sending the whole team to Buffalo for Eichel. We've already seen that post 40 million times and the playoffs aren't even over!

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA

From every indication Ron Francis has been giving, that's not nearly enough for them to take on Tyler Johnson's contract. They would probably need at least a prospect from Tampa added to that to even start the conversation.

Reactions: DancingPanther

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
From every indication Ron Francis has been giving, that's not nearly enough for them to take on Tyler Johnson's contract. They would probably need at least a prospect from Tampa added to that to even start the conversation.
I see. I've been out of almost every hockey loop there is for the last number of weeks/moths so I was not privy to this info

Reactions: StarterHart

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA
I see. I've been out of almost every hockey loop there is for the last number of weeks/moths so I was not privy to this info

Yeah, the reports that have come out since as far back as the trade deadline have been that there's a serious case of sticker shock from GM's around the league with what Ron Francis is asking for in return for both taking on contracts and for ignoring players they don't want to lose.

Reactions: DancingPanther

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Hey man, I said both it was a pipe dream and I suck at this lol

I agree Tampa should protect him but maybe getting rid of Johnson sways them. Especially with their nasty cap issues.

But I know it isn't happening. Thought it was a little more interesting than sending the whole team to Buffalo for Eichel. We've already seen that post 40 million times and the playoffs aren't even over!
Don’t feel bad, you did a great job and I’m proud of you

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Seattle Expansion: LD Hagg

Trade to Seattle: RW Aube-Kubel to Expansion for selecting Hagg

Trade to Anaheim: 1st round pick 13th ovr, C Patrick and LD Ginning for LD Cam Fowler

FA Signing: G Bernier
FA Signing: RD Hakanpaa

Flyers 21-22
Line 1 LW Farabee C Couturier RW Konecny
Line 2 LW Van Riemsdyk C Giroux RW Allison
Line 3 LW Lindblom C Frost RW Voracek
Line 4 LW Laughton C Laczynski RW Rubtsov

1st Pair LD Provorov RD Sanheim
2nd Pair LD Fowler RD Hakanpaa
3rd Pair LD Gostisbehere RD Myers

Goalies:
Starter: Hart