Your Official 2012 / 2013 "Lose out for draft position / staff change!" Thread

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Who are possible trade partners for Miller though? Trading a goalie is pretty tricky.

And doing it in season with his cap hit and the dropping cap next season makes it very tough as well.

Moving Miller is more of an offseason, draft day type of move.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
And doing it in season with his cap hit and the dropping cap next season makes it very tough as well.

Moving Miller is more of an offseason, draft day type of move.

Detroit could be an interesting option for Miller. All the cap space in the world, a shrinking window of contention, could certainly use an upgrade to Howard.

RazielMoshman

Jul 10, 2012
UK
Detroit could be an interesting option for Miller. All the cap space in the world, a shrinking window of contention, could certainly use an upgrade to Howard.

Give Miller a chance for a cup, trade him to a contender for a promising forward, if we had to trade miller I'd want him to get a proper shot at a cup, he does deserve it.

Royisgone

Mar 7, 2012
Trade deadline is 4 weeks from today. It should be a very interesting day in Sabres Land.

Trading Miller would be huge, as would landing 1 of the big 3 in the draft if at all possible.

The future direction of the team would be turned on its ear.

Eichel 9

Jan 2, 2007
I'd be pretty happy at the deadline if we are able to move Leopold and Stafford. Moving Miller is a little unrealistic right now IMO, I just don't think there is much of a chance that happens.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
I'd be pretty happy at the deadline if we are able to move Leopold and Stafford. Moving Miller is a little unrealistic right now IMO, I just don't think there is much of a chance that happens.

Yeah same here, I would add Robin to that list as well. He would make a decent 5 or 6 shutdown D man for a contender. He just does not have the speed to keep up with 1st and 2nd liners anymore.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
Something I just kind of realized, for some odd reason:

We play Sunday and then Tuesday. Then THREE days off before a hellacious schedule:

5 games in 7 days

2 days off

4 games in 6 days

that's 9 games in 15 days overall broken down into two tough stretches.

I think we might be seeing this ship really start sinking soon.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Detroit
Detroit
Detroit
and
Detroit

to me, it's possible they would view Miller as a significant upgrade to Howard.

Well, this option is probably off the table now with Detroit penciled into our division for the next couple years.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Trade deadline is 4 weeks from today. It should be a very interesting day in Sabres Land.

Trading Miller would be huge, as would landing 1 of the big 3 in the draft if at all possible.

The future direction of the team would be turned on its ear.

More like turned straight down into the sewer, bypassing the toilet and plumbing. A team should only trade their established franchise goalie if they have a replacement in the system or get a sure replacement in the trade. Trading Miller for an equally capable (but probably younger) goalie doesn't seem sensible or realistic, and Buffalo sure doesn't have a replacement in the system yet (Makarov still being a question mark).

sand1138man

Apr 25, 2007
In my grown up life the sabres have had only one coach. and I know that in the last 2 weeks buffalo has gotten a little boost, and maybe from the coaching change, but i was actually hoping for a real coaching change. I mean realistically only half the team had to get a new coach. All the young guys who came up from rochester have already played a lot of games with Rolston as their head coach, and it's not like rolston was amazing in Rochester. I don't think he is the answer. There may not even be a coach who can turn this group of players into a cup winning team. If you have an amazing team and a good coach you can win the cup. If you have a good team and an amazing coach you can win the cup. If you have a good team and a good coach you can't. I you have a decent team and a good coach you can't. skip down a few more slots to the sabres.....not very good coach and a semi skilled team.

Doesn't Pegula see that we do not even have a realistic chance to make the playoffs with the way we are now, let alone achieve everyone real goal as to win the cup. We had the best chance that regier is ever gong to give us with briere and drury, and we still could not make it happen, so what makes him think that we are going to get this done with Darcy making our draft picks. He has made a few good trades these past couple years, but Buffalo has a way of ending a players chances at being great. Leino, Leopold, Stafford, just a few of the many sabres who could have been really good if they come across darcy's radar.

I guess a team run by a Darcy, a Lindy, and a Terry aren't meant to be great.

wunderpanda

Apr 9, 2012
Is it still a weighted lottery this year? So hypothetically we could lose all the remaining games, trade everyone and still pick 14th? Or finish 9th and get #1 overall? Just curious.

vcv

Mar 12, 2006
Williamsville, NY
Is it still a weighted lottery this year? So hypothetically we could lose all the remaining games, trade everyone and still pick 14th? Or finish 9th and get #1 overall? Just curious.
Any of the non-playoff teams have a chance to draft 1st overall (You used to be only able to move up 4 spots at most) using a weighted system.

Any team can only move down 1 position. If you finish last, you will draft either 1st or 2nd (if another team wins the lottery).

wshahbaz

Dec 15, 2010
Buffalo teams never tank correctly

Bills have been trying for 13 years now

And the Sabres probably will not have another season like this

So is anyone else really mad that they are winning games? This isn't a playoff team and even if we squeak in think of the consequences.

Rolston might stay :help:
No top pick
1 series and out

From the bottom of all Sabres fans hearts, just tank the right way please.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Looks like we are going to climb the standings after digging ourselves a huge hole, typical Buffalo franchise :shakehead

don't even fathom getting an elite prospect like MacKinnon because it won't happen.

We will claw our way back into the playoff mix and proceed get eliminated with 2 games left, which will result in false hope AGAIN, Regier and Rolston will be back as well as the same old core that can not get it done, rinse and repeat

Getting back in the playoff mix is the WORST thing that can happen for this franchise moving foward.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Fear not my friend, we shall have Mackinnon

I know you say this, but you know that we won't get any of the elite prospects again.

The funny thing is their are 6 teams behind us in P% and we have 8 regulation wins in 31 games..8

Last edited:

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I just looked at the teams who will will be fighting with and it looks like we have one of the tougher remaining schedules left

3/23 Buffalo @ Montreal
3/26 Buffalo @ Tampa Bay
3/28 Buffalo @ Florida

3/30 Washington @ Buffalo
3/31 Boston @ Buffalo
4/02 Buffalo @ Pittsburgh
4/05 Ottawa @ Buffalo
4/07 New Jersey @ Buffalo
4/09 Buffalo @ Winnipeg
4/11 Montreal @ Buffalo
4/13 Philadelphia @ Buffalo
4/14 Tampa Bay @ Buffalo