Anime was a mistake

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
I’m anti-goon, but this isn’t really true. If there’s a Reeves or Wilson on the other bench, players 100% think twice about playing recklessly. There are even pro players who will fully admit it’s a factor.

Cooke brained Savard when Lucic was literally on the ice at the same time. It doesn't matter.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
Cooke brained Savard when Lucic was literally on the ice at the same time. It doesn't matter.

Just because there are exceptions to the rule doesn’t mean it’s not a factor. Should we just make up all of the hypothetical dangerous hits that never happened as a result of guys like Reeves and Wilson?

Again, I’m not pro-goon. It’s just a really myopic view to think that players don’t have that in their minds during a game. Professional players have admitted it.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Rags last night had absolutely no business getting a point let alone 2. This is why it's not about the wins and losses when talking about losing Hughes. It's about the missed development time.
What .At this point Jacks development is wining games. Yes it’s massively important for him to continue to develop but I’d say winning and competitive is huge too. They are last the stage of who cares what the score is as long as they learn and grow. Now it’s starting to be learning how to win more consistently .

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

except if the players have extra pep in their step and play hard since they can play their game knowing someone will answer the bell then it has an indirect impact.

I’d make fighting an ejection and be done with it but if the skill players want a guy who fights and they play better when one is on the bench then it matters on some level.

Maybe there are 10 games a year it helps to have a thug. The other 70 it isn’t necessary.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Just because there are exceptions to the rule doesn’t mean it’s not a factor. Should we just make up all of the hypothetical dangerous hits that never happened as a result of guys like Reeves and Wilson?

Again, I’m not pro-goon. It’s just a really myopic view to think that players don’t have that in their minds during a game. Professional players have admitted it.
of course they have... why do think the rangers got reaves in the first place .... someone that has never played in the NHL whole heartedly saying it doesn't matter as you point out that numerous NHL players say they appreciate those guys is kind of short sighted...

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ

The game was dirtier when every single team had a goon.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
sharangovich has done nothing. not even putting himself in position to score.hopefully he picks it up because we need goal scorers. not trying to rush holtz up, but if he doesnt start potting some, that will make holtz’s time in utica even more limited.
Shara had 4 sog's tonight.

And it's game 2.

Reactions: Mgd31

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
except if the players have extra pep in their step and play hard since they can play their game knowing someone will answer the bell then it has an indirect impact.

I’d make fighting an ejection and be done with it but if the skill players want a guy who fights and they play better when one is on the bench then it matters on some level.

Maybe there are 10 games a year it helps to have a thug. The other 70 it isn’t necessary.

a fight can also settle a game down...and you don't want the skilled players fighting ...i mean outside of wood... and a little mcleod and severs a little the team has nobody to answer the bell.... and it emboldens other teams to continue run your stars.... it matters.....ultimately you want guys like mcleod.... bastian...etc etc that can play and can handle things when necc. it matters.. there were plenty of other better players in camp but geersten stuck for now.. there is a reason.. and its not like we are taking tatar out for him its studenic... who is a nice player but it can be argued geersten is more valuable in certain situations

Reactions: My3Sons

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
The Devils allowed 8 5v5 shots in the 3rd period, none of them high-danger. It is exactly how you want a team to play with a 2 goal lead.

I was at this game. We had a noticable lack of life during the third and most of the second. I don't think 'high danger' means shit because there were several dangerous chances from long range through screens that Bernier fortunately gobbled up else we could've easily lost that game that obviously didn't register as high danger because of their distance.

Reactions: My3Sons

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
What’s the point in dressing a useless plug that played three minutes? Jack still got choke slammed so we’re down to 10 forwards cause said useless plug can’t play hockey.

Fighting the dude AFTER the hit means Jack shit, boy inserting plug tastick into the lineup really showed em. Stupid f***ing mentality.
I disagree 100% . Teams and players take notice if a face puncher is on the other team especially if he has a reputation of being a very good face puncher. It is a deterrent . Fighting him after the hit absolutely does something . It shows a team that fights for their teammates and won’t put up with that shit. It shows heart and character. It can build momentum and pick up the entire team.
Anyone who has played competitive hockey knows how important and appreciated that fight was. Watch and listen to Severson’s post game about how people stood up and fought when needed.
People will butch no matter what. If no one fought or stood up for their teammates then people,would call the team soft , no one cares about each other , no desire to win and bla bla bla.
Also how about showing a little touch of class. I don’t see why we need to trash a guy that was willing to eat fists in order to stick up for his teammates .

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
I was at this game. We had a noticable lack of life during the third and most of the second. I don't think 'high danger' means shit because there were several dangerous chances from long range through screens that Bernier fortunately gobbled up else we could've easily lost that game that obviously didn't register as high danger because of their distance.

yeah most games have lulls i felt good about their third period...i think most momentum came once they went 5-3 before that they were not looking too dangerous ...anyway nice start to season ...

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Coaching staff was obviously prescient putting geersten in the lineup. I think they anticipated some dicey play with getting slauggtered in Philly and with gourde and tanev being sandpaper.

Liked siegs response. Liked Graveys game. Coming around on mango but he still can't handle a pass and blows too many tires. Love mercer.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007

Cool, man. You got it all figured out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad