GDT: Your NEW JERSEY DEVILS hosting the SEATTLE KRAKEN - 7PM EST on MSG+

Anime was a mistake

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

captainscott

Nov 5, 2007
Happy with 2 points, but not happy how we played in the 3rd. Were so passive if we got a lead. No wonder we keep blowing leads (not tonight obviously) when we manage couple shots and turtle up just waiting for the opposing team to get back. You gotta let your team play.
its ok to be passive if you are limiting chances which they did... can't get too caught up in 5-3 goal... i thought they were a little sloppy tonight but not sure the 4 day layoff didn't help that

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009

So it's almost definitely his shoulder and not his collarbone.

You could tell immediately it wasn’t the collarbone. He was moving his arm a ton. He would be writhing in pain moving his arm an inch from a broken collarbone. It was pretty apparent it was a shoulder. The question is severity (ie: bruise, grade I separation, grade II-III separation or dislocation) and we’ll never know with this organization.

Triumph

Oct 2, 2007
Happy with 2 points, but not happy how we played in the 3rd. Were so passive if we got a lead. No wonder we keep blowing leads (not tonight obviously) when we manage couple shots and turtle up just waiting for the opposing team to get back. You gotta let your team play.

The Devils allowed 8 5v5 shots in the 3rd period, none of them high-danger. It is exactly how you want a team to play with a 2 goal lead.

Reactions: My3Sons

Devs3cups

Wind of Change
Sponsor
May 8, 2010
If it was really bad, pretty sure we'd know. Day-to-day most likely means nothing is broken or that bad. This is a positive.

Barry Tallackson

Mar 4, 2014
F88020CE-9813-4491-A264-D549D8DDE918.jpeg

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
What’s the point in dressing a useless plug that played three minutes? Jack still got choke slammed so we’re down to 10 forwards cause said useless plug can’t play hockey.

Fighting the dude AFTER the hit means Jack shit, boy inserting plug tastick into the lineup really showed em. Stupid f***ing mentality.

That's always how it's worked too. They never prevent anything. They just retaliate. They're worthless.

Reactions: JK3

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
What’s the point in dressing a useless plug that played three minutes? Jack still got choke slammed so we’re down to 10 forwards cause said useless plug can’t play hockey.

Fighting the dude AFTER the hit means Jack shit, boy inserting plug tastick into the lineup really showed em. Stupid f***ing mentality.

This is what everyone screaming for toughness wanted. Tough guys don't prevent dangerous hits. They just retaliate against them

Reactions: JK3 and Hisch13r

FinnishDevil

Dec 6, 2013
Finland
The Devils allowed 8 5v5 shots in the 3rd period, none of them high-danger. It is exactly how you want a team to play with a 2 goal lead.
And credit to the team for that. But how much of that was Seattle being tired and not an offensive powerhouse? I just dont think our team or system is good enough to hold their own like that for the whole period against Caps and Pens of the world.

I know the end result tonight was good and the penalties were unfortunate factor, but I do think you gotta show bit more offence in the first 10 atleast.

Happy with the 2 points though.

Unknown Caller

Apr 30, 2009
This is what everyone screaming for toughness wanted. Tough guys don't prevent dangerous hits. They just retaliate against them

I’m anti-goon, but this isn’t really true. If there’s a Reeves or Wilson on the other bench, players 100% think twice about playing recklessly. There are even pro players who will fully admit it’s a factor.

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
And credit to the team for that. But how much of that was Seattle being tired and not an offensive powerhouse? I just dont think our team or system is good enough to hold their own like that for the whole period against Caps and Pens of the world.

I know the end result tonight was good and the penalties were unfortunate factor, but I do think you gotta show bit more offence in the first 10 atleast.

Happy with the 2 points though.

well if nothing else they need to start learning how to win and close out games, and most importantly staying out of the damn box while doing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad