GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (48-21-8, 104 Points, 2nd in Metro) vs. Pittsburgh Penguins (38-29-10, 86 Points, 5th in Metro, 2nd Wildcard), 7 PM, MSGSN

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
Random thoughts:

-after Timo scored, they panned to him and Nico talking about something on the bench and Timo started to chuckle…our Swiss boys are beauts

-the chemistry this team has is unreal

-Bahl has been a revelation. His physicality/size/scary face will be so important in the playoffs. I thought Ohk deserved to play over him when he was still here: but goddamn Bahl has come into his own

FooteBahl

Took a big shitz for Nemec
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2005
Metuchen NJ
What a fun night, nice to see this team come out and just stomp a weaker opponent out.

The delayed hats was funny, it was like people either didn't know or just didn't wanna throw their hats until they got peer pressured into it lol

My only complaint is I wanted Jack to get another point to try to get closer to 100 lol
If I was there I would have refrained too. The way the goalie was pushed around at first glance, I thought it was going to be reviewed.

swiiscompos

Dec 9, 2018
London, UK
Random thoughts:

-after Timo scored, they panned to him and Nico talking about something on the bench and Timo started to chuckle…our Swiss boys are beauts

-Bahl has been a revelation. His physicality/size/scary face will be so important in the playoffs. I thought Ohk deserved to play over him when he was still here: but goddamn Bahl has come into his own
Bahl has started using his size with much more purpose, it makes a huge difference.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
If I was there I would have refrained too. The way the goalie was pushed around at first glance, I thought it was going to be reviewed.

I was somewhat surprised that Pittsburgh didn't even try to challenge it.

But it was late in the game, they had nothing going all night, and it would still have been 4-0 even if they won the challenge. They must have figured it was better not to bother.

Plus, our classless fans might have thrown things other than hats if they disallowed a hat trick goal for Mercer. :sarcasm:

Reactions: glenwo2

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
What made Smith expendable?

(Besides Marino > Smith..)

Outside of Smith the Devils have done well developing defenseman.

• Walsh, is a throw away but he is still ranked highly on some prospect lists.

. Bahl/Siegs developed well, which is freaking awesome. Plus, Luke/Nemec are in the hyperbolic time chamber.

StorminSnvechnAho

There is a storm coming prepare for the Surge
Feb 15, 2021
NC
sucks that Patches and SVEEECHNIKOV! are injured. I Really thought the Canes were going to compete with the Lightning to go to the Finals.

Who knows though, Perhaps the Canes play with a chip on their shoulder and make waves in the playoffs.
Yea it's a downer for sure, We expected Pacioretty to get some Knicks but I didn't think a second achilles tear was in the cards, Svechnikov just more bad luck, But those are the cards our two best finishers are done, if we manage anything it will be defensively, down two top line wings Aho and Necas are the only guys we have that can take over a game but they are very streaky.

You never know though I'll be happy if we make round 2... Minus injuries it would have been finals or bust.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Props to Pens fans, we got a lot of praise last night on their board. Feels good man.
It has not gotten old lurking other teams PGTs after dominant wins and reading about how much better we are
I do the same . Read the oppositions GDT or post game threads to see what they think about the Devils .
99% of the time , you read all good things about how well the Devils are playing as a team. It is a funny though how the Rags are
always “ We weren’t taking the game serious , they are thinking ahead to the playoffs “ or “ We starts off slow . We would have beat them if we tried in the 1st period “
Lol

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
I do the same . Read the oppositions GDT or post game threads to see what they think about the Devils .
99% of the time , you read all good things about how well the Devils are playing as a team. It is a funny though how the Rags are
always “ We weren’t taking the game serious , they are thinking ahead to the playoffs “ or “ We starts off slow . We would have beat them if we tried in the 1st period “
Lol
Rags fans are specific. May be its big city arrogance.

Patrik26

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 12, 2016
Sussex, NJ
What a fun night, nice to see this team come out and just stomp a weaker opponent out.

The delayed hats was funny, it was like people either didn't know or just didn't wanna throw their hats until they got peer pressured into it lol

My only complaint is I wanted Jack to get another point to try to get closer to 100 lol

It was disappointing watching the broadcast and not seeing even one hat for what seemed like an eternity. It didn't take very long to clean up either.

Random thoughts:

Fitz gotta get that boy signed. Bratt can sit on the back burner - f*** 'em.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad