GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (21-4-1) vs. New York Islanders (16-11-0), 7 PM, MSGSN

Status
Not open for further replies.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I don't mind these sweaters, if you can get past the brightly-colored assault on your eyeballs you can see the design is far better than both our currents and the Jersey jersey.

That being said, I don't know why ownership keeps going out of it's way to glorify the pre-'82 days that quite literally no fan of this franchise gives a shit about.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Caught the flu and cant go to the Rock tonight. LGD! Will be following on TV. Skate them to the ground.

Supposed to be going tonight but my son has come down with another bug, his second in a week. Thankfully is acting fine overall but had a nasty cough. We’ll see if the wife lets me off the leash tonight. :laugh:
Yeah I was looking forward to going tonight but a sore throat/developing cough and lack of sleep the last two nights is tapping me out too. At least it’ll save me the aggravation of getting there 6:20 ish and not seeing any bobble heads left.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Last time we played them , the Isles did not look like a team that could keep up with us. It felt like they did whatever they could to hamg around and nkt get blown out and capitalized on whatever few chances they got.
If we play our game for 60 minutes , Sorokin will have to have an epic game just to stay in the game.
An occasional Barzal shift is the only thing that concerns me with the Isles. That Amd garbage goals with the mutant Lee standing around the net to beat in a licky bounce rebound or deflection.
Go Devils Go !

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
In this era of increased scoring which I do like. I see this being a tight goaltending duel but, with good pace dictated by the home team. Not all 2-1 games are a snooze fest. Especially with two good division rivals involved. The Rock will be sold out and rocking and I'll be a part of it from high a top section 210 taking in all of the action. LFGD!

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
Isles aren't actually good. They have great goaltending but are below average at driving play.

We'll win unless we get goalied in either direction

Sorokin is playing the Shesterkin role this season. Entirely possible he drags a bad team to the playoffs.

I'd like to see the Devils come out strong in the first tonight and put Sorokin under siege immediately. But I'll take a win anyway we can get it.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Isles aren't actually good. They have great goaltending but are below average at driving play.

We'll win unless we get goalied in either direction
Are you sure about this bro?

I thought it was teh WiNnInG cUlTuRE and that 4th line (IdEnTiTy!) full of 30-something year olds that are literally falling apart.

• Haha
Reactions: FinnishDevil

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Sorokin is playing the Shesterkin role this season. Entirely possible he drags a bad team to the playoffs.

I'd like to see the Devils come out strong in the first tonight and put Sorokin under siege immediately. But I'll take a win anyway we can get it.
People keep saying that but it’s not like Varlamov’s numbers are terribad. Their system still apparently gets the best out of whatever goalie plays

Reactions: Bleedred

Normal Devil

Mar 16, 2014
this is literally all i want from the season - my worry is that even if we won it all, people would still not respect it and call it a massive fluke

league needs to be put on notice we're legit
I'd prefer the stay under the radar for a while longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad