GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (15-22-5) @ The Should Be Hartford Whalers (29-9-2), 7 PM, MSG+

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
i met some of people from this crew at the bell centre a while back when i went for a devs/habs game (they were also in the same hotel as me)…

….they travel still all geared up to travel to random games for fun…….they deserve better than to have this 'canes cash in' shoved in their faces once a year

HARTFORD WHALERS BOOSTER CLUB

Even I'm not that hardcore. Those guys are nuts. It's been 25 years, they're not coming back. Time to let it go.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
Not a major league city. Hartford Wolfpack don't get good support. Get 8,000 people to support that at least and then maybe you can reconsider Hartford. Yeah not happening. I'm a proud owner of an authentic gameworn Whalers Jersey. The White then home with the Navy Blue accents. Not my favorite but, it's darn cool to have!

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I'm slow... actually I'm multitasking...

You know I don't really believe multitasking is possible...I think you just end up doing two things half assed

the great colm feore playing glenn gould ….. 32 short films about glenn gould

this is mutli-tasking in a way…… great scene

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I don’t get the point of firing Ruff now . All it dies is show instability in the organization and would be a negative vibe in the room . Wait until the off-season . Add a couple/ few forwards and a goalie and entirely new coaching staff .
Owen Tippet available from Panthers . Toss them Ty Smith .

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
i met some of people from this crew at the bell centre a while back when i went for a devs/habs game (they were also in the same hotel as me)…

….they travel still all geared up to random games for fun…….they deserve better than to have this 'canes cash in' shoved in their faces once a year

HARTFORD WHALERS BOOSTER CLUB

That website is beyond depressing

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
I don’t get the point of firing Ruff now . All it dies is show instability in the organization and would be a negative vibe in the room . Wait until the off-season . Add a couple/ few forwards and a goalie and entirely new coaching staff .

Fire Ruff, time for me to step in

gpMkN3.gif

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’m sure Gillies will be blamed but we need to score more than one f***ing goal.
Honestly, I didn't think he did anything wrong tonight. Yeah, he got scored on by the second or third shot and I'm pretty sure the second was the fourth shot he faced, but I don't think the first goal was really bad. A guy backhanded it and it went around his skate at the far post (I think it was the far post?) I didn't really think it was a bad goal. It wasn't from distance either.

Okay, goal 2 looks kind of bad, but I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt there. I can pick it apart if I wanted to, but I really can't be bothered to go out of my way to really study it. It looked like he made the save, but with the guys coming to the net (I watched them again like 2 hours ago when reviewing the other games, forgot who it was) both a Devil and a Cane, I think the Hurricanes player just didn't give up on it and had his stick there to jam at it. I think the Flyers did that to Quick on a goal today, but I reviewed that game way back in the afternoon about 9 or 10 hours ago. I don't think it was a breakaway on Quick though.

I really don't think they were bad goals tonight. I certainly greatly respect the opinion that they were, as I always enjoy people who disagree with me when they say ''Yeah, I thought that was a stoppable goal'' on a goal I didn't nail the goalie on, rather than the usual ''The team sucks. The goalie had no chance on that goal. The team makes him look worse'' when I do nail a goalie on a goal they didn't think was a stoppable one.

Reactions: Dialamo and JK3

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oh and by the way, Gillies has let in some bad ones, but he's managed to look better than all but maybe two games that Blackwood has played since about the second week of December. It's still a small sample size and he really has no NHL upside beyond a third string guy, but I kind of had a feeling it wouldn't be to hard to do better than Blackwood has since the start of December.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Oh and by the way, Gillies has let in some bad ones, but he's managed to look better than all but maybe two games that Blackwood has played since about the second week of December. It's still a small sample size and he really has no NHL upside beyond a third string guy, but I kind of had a feeling it wouldn't be to hard to do better than Blackwood has since the start of December.

Who knew being healthy was so important to the goalie position.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

You fire Ruff because he is a bad coach getting sub par results from this team.

This is like saying the Giants should have kept Joe Judge because of it showing "instability"

You don't keep bad coaches around because you are afraid of optics.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Who knew being healthy was so important to the goalie position.
Are you sure it’s because he hasn’t been healthy though and not because this team sucks and it would make 97 Brodeur look incompetent and no goalie would be good here and all the other stuff I’ve read?

I’m sure he hasn’t been healthy, but once again, he should not be given the benefit of the doubt that “Yeah, he was injured for two years. He’ll be good to go and be our starter next year”. It needs to be assumed by management that he won’t be healthy next year or won’t be good and there still needs to be a significant goalie acquisition for next season with Blackwood being the backup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad