GDT: Your New Jersey Devils (0-0-1) @ Buffalo Sabres (1-0), 7 PM, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
I had no idea it was even a rule. Wood had to come off the ice twice because somebody knocked his helmet off. It turns into a brief powerplay. So dumb. Why not just pull off a star players helmet at any chance you get when you're in some kind of scrum
I think it’s a sensible rule. It prioritizes player safety.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I had no idea it was even a rule. Wood had to come off the ice twice because somebody knocked his helmet off. It turns into a brief powerplay. So dumb. Why not just pull off a star players helmet at any chance you get when you're in some kind of scrum

Because that is a penalty.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
Meh.

Not that last one.

I thought goals 1, 2 and 6 definitely were. I'd probably nail him on goal 4 too, but it was not really a bad one.
The entire team played like hot garbage. I'm beyond picking out individual goals in an epic rout where the entire team was a shitshow.

Was MBW good? Far from it. But he's the tip of the iceberg for my concerns.

Reactions: Aethon

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
So NJ has built a skilled core of forwards with a mismatched set of defenders behind them. If the goaltending holds up as Cory did for two periods yesterday they can look good. When it doesn’t the house of cards caves in. There are also so many new parts that there isn’t much chemistry

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
We played pretty well last night despite the score, we controlled the flow of the game for almost all of it. Nothing close to that tonight, we got completely dominated. One of the worst games I have ever seen this team play.

GMMD5Aa.png

Balance

Jesus loves you!
May 20, 2013
That is just how bad the defense is, that adding PK Subban still keeps it in the top 5 worst in the league

You just can't have a defense that does not have a #2 D-man. Is literally 3 D-men in Greene, Mueller, and Severson that couldn't crack any playoff team's top 6 and then just have a poor version of Sami Vatanen along with an undersized D-man in Will Butcher get you anywhere.

This team will get burned night after night with this defense. We should have signed more D-men or pick some up on waivers/make some trades now! I don't mind Hall going for a couple D-men now, I really don't. We got lucky and got Hischier, Hughes, Gusev, and a lot of secondary scoring. The defense needs to be solved.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad