Speculation: Your new coach: Guy Boucher?

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
I scrounged up this video I made during the ECF a few years back. The absurdity of VS announcers on how Boucher was using 1-3-1 once the team went up by 2. He clearly wasn't, we scored and whoever this announcer is was saying we were funneling the puck carrier? WTF? lol:laugh:

Pierre is a friggin GENIUS!

Serenity19

Keep Flying
Feb 1, 2006
Orlando, FL
I scrounged up this video I made during the ECF a few years back. The absurdity of VS announcers on how Boucher was using 1-3-1 once the team went up by 2. He clearly wasn't, we scored and whoever this announcer is was saying we were funneling the puck carrier? WTF? lol:laugh:

It was pretty clear, throughout the playoffs, that the announcers had no idea what they were talking about regarding the 1-3-1. Boucher's system transitions between a 1-3-1 and a 1-2-2, depending upon a read from the lead forechecker. Many times, he ran it throughout the game, where only the aggressiveness of the read changes. In the video, you can see the Lightning setting up the 1-3-1 at the very beginning. As soon as Seidenberg turns back, Purcell makes the read to transition into a 1-2-2. Purcell attacks, Gagne moves up on the strong side, and the other forward (off the screen) sits back a little to bait the weak side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad