Speculation: Your new coach: Guy Boucher?

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
tumblr_m0i09anyQ81r3j7m5o1_500.gif

Love this. At least he's more comedic than Sacco. So he can't be worse.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
So the Avs also need a new goalie coach. It is a complete house cleaning i guess.

Any candidates?

Hans Landaskog

Feb 27, 2012
Denver
I'm gunna need those TPS reports on my desk by Friday, yeahhh and I'm gonna need you to come in on Sundayy, yeahh that'd be great. Thanks.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
I want Boucher solely because he looks like a psychopath when he's angry.

Not sure I'd like to be facing both him and Downie when they're upset about something. Could you imagine the two of them going all Greg Zannon on Dater/Chambers next season? Boucher would knock the iphone out of Dater's hands and Downie would run by and kick it across the locker room when he tried to pick it up.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I forgot about the Boucher and Downie connection. I remember reading about some issues when they were in Tampa. A quick google search shows that Downie was benched a few times and Boucher wasn't a fan of some of his actions. The Tampa board had a thread about Downie being in the doghouse.

Downie did a pretty good job of controlling his temper with us so I doubt it'll be an issue if we do hire Boucher. Unless there was something more going on behind the scenes.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
I would be surprised if Avs haven't knocked on his door, but I doubt he has been given the green light yet. Wouldn't mind him at all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Holyhell

'Crumblers'
Apr 12, 2007
From what I've heard about the coaching candidates, his is one of the more well storied because of this 1-3-1 system. Those links in the MHH article were great to watch for a better understanding. Seems like it counts on it's forwards to understand position and be able to make smart ground, fast. With O'Reilly and Duchene as #1/#2 and our quick hardworking guys the initial 2-2-1 forcheck (or is it 1-2-2?) could be a match made in heaven.

O'Reilly and Duchene are both quick skaters and mental ahead of most, would be great candidates for creating turnovers. Landeskog, Parenteau, Downie, and McGinn work well enough along the boards and the defense is turning more mobile and efficient as years progress.

The chance for quick transitions is exciting with this team.

St. Louis and Stamkos have done very well under this system, and I think that could transition well to at least Duchene and Parenteau.

He's more battle tested than most other apparent candidates which I like.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
I've been a fan of Boucher since he became an NHL coach, I would not mind him at all, but I won't get my hopes up.

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
I scrounged up this video I made during the ECF a few years back. The absurdity of VS announcers on how Boucher was using 1-3-1 once the team went up by 2. He clearly wasn't, we scored and whoever this announcer is was saying we were funneling the puck carrier? WTF? lol:laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->